It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vote Mayet For ATSNN Councilor

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   

A Pic of Me...so you can see who you are voting for.

All Of My ATSNN Articles can be found by clicking ------>Here

*Singing Loudly

Vote For May.....Vote For May.... Mayet For ATSNN will make your day......So Vote For May......

Yeah That's right....ALL THE WAY

Hello members, staff and Management. I have already introduced myself in the previous threads but here is some more I would like to add.

Like many of you, I wake up in the morning and excitedly open ATS to peruse the what has happened while I was sleeping. I am a snoop and love NEWS. Ever since i was a tiny child I have sat myself down to read or watch any news broadcasts that I can get my hands or eyes on. Writing comes naturally to me, it may have helped my cause slightly by reading every bit of matter that came before me as a child and engrossing myself in worlds far away.

Why Vote For Mayet What Can Mayet Bring To ATSNN?

My enjoyment from posting a news article comes from sharing stories of interest with you from around the world on all manner of subjects. Everyday I pick the finest and most interesting of the news Articles I read and bring them to ATSNN. I may not get paid and may not be able to claim professional journalist status from the articles i post on ATSNN but that bothers me none. I do have the freedom to pick the articles I wish to post and not what I am told I have to post. I can write my articles my own way in my own style without having an editor pick it to pieces for a rewrite. I do have the freedom to post stories as I see them and not by set deadlines. If it's fresh enough to have a stench about it, then i will post it.

ATSNN is dear to me, I care very much about ATSNN. I would love to be involved in the process of shaping it's future. I firmly believe that ATSNN can rank up there with the best of them and outrank sites such as CNN and Foxnews which are full of fluff news. I believe in the value and worth of ATSNN. It is not a newsfeed straight out of National Enquirer. It is not Indiadaily where you have to check and double check to see if the story you are reading is hogwash or not.

My goal as councilor would be to be the meeting point between members and staff/management of issues to do with ATSNN. I would also like to work with contributors and strongly encourage new contributors to post articles to ensure the standards of ATSNN stay at the top of their field.

I would love to see ATSNN "there" as far as breaking stories go.

ATSNN works well as it is and my policy is not to go into this election armed with a list of changes for ATSNN. I do know of many members issues with the submissions and voting proceedures but as Springer and others have said, the matter is on the table and being addressed. So I am adopting a waitsee approach to the voting format.

The one thing I would like to see is many more interviews and exclusives. I feel that channel is still an uncracked egg on ATSNN. Interviews, editorials and exclusives can really raise the ranking stakes for ATSNN.

Podcast reports are another way that ATSNN can open a window to the world as well.

I am 38 years old and lived a wonderful full life so far. I am family orientated and adapt to changes easily. I have a broad spectrum of knowledge across the board on most subjects that concern ATSNN. My sense of humour and the ability not to take myself so seriously is what I feel to be an asset to me. I can cheerfully admit when i am wrong and also admit I am not perfect and will make mistakes through life. I do believe they are only mistakes when you repeat the same ones and do not learn from your experiences. I have learned much by making "mistakes" and my booboo's in life have made me the person i am today. I have an ability to step back from situations and study from all angles, including putting myself in the other person's shoes. I am a "glass half Full" person with a cheerful optomistic outlook. I honestly believe in the ferris wheel of life. Even when you down, it will soon turn and you will be riding up in no time. I love nature and I love life. I believe that our lives are the most precious gift ever given. I am highly intelligent and a deep philosophical thinker but please do not ask me where I put my keys or cellphone as I would not have a clue. I have managed so far not to lose any of my 6 children (which by the way is an artform with my Adventurous Bunch) so I guess I can live with that. I love nature and people photography and my camera, digital voice recorder and binoculars are added items in my everyday handbag which incidently gets a few strange looks from the little old ladies watching my kid's swim classes.

I am an Aussie, a multi facted gem with flaws like the next person. I have a non prejudiced outlook on life and people and have been bought up in a multicultural society without bias. I have spent 8 years as a Union delegate firstly for my workplace and then I was promoted as delegate to the local and then state labour council.

I always fought hard for the people who voted for me and won many concessions and had many victorious battles against even the state and federal government at times. I was asked to run for the labour party in my local seat but declined to join the party. I believe people fight harder and stronger for causes if they believe in them and the people they are fighting for instead of playing party politics and toeing party lines.

Other hats I have worn over the years are Promotions Manager, Market Researcher, Waitress, Bartender, Cashier, Sales Manager, Hostess, Tour Guide, Short Order Cook, Child Care Cook, Voluntary Child Care Assistant, Help Desk Support, Business Owner and Manager, Computer Teacher, Team leader KFC, Research Assistant, Editor, Freelance Writer, Travel Writer, Internet Writer and Researcher, Designer, Disability Assistant Plus many more and that list did not include my duties as a domestic engineer - IE Parent and role model for my tribe.

I have worked steadily since I was 15 years of age all up and down the East Coast of Australia, of which I have explored inside out. I have worked part time positions where available after and during the time I had my children. As a small child I travelled around Australia many time and saw many things with my father who owned his own Coach tour Company.

I listen. The way to understanding is though listening and learning.

I have much time to devote to ATSNN. I currently work from home as an Internet Consultant/Web Designer and Computer Technician with a sideline income of teaching esoteric subjects and selling esoteric knick knacks. My personal Buddha collection challenges many eastern Temples. Most of my children are in schools and my baby is strangely nocturnal, so she naps well during the day.

Politically I am neither left nor right. I trust and believe in people on their own merits and feel that the party preferred system of politics is sadly lacking.

My history on ATSNN speaks for itself. I have not just started posting articles on ATSNN because there is an election and I am running for office, it is able to be seen from my regular postings that my love and care of ATSNN came through long ago.

I will add some more later during the campaign but there is my nutshell.

Any questions anyone has please feel free to post here in my thread.

If you do vote for me I will proudly do my best and utmost for ATSNN.

Tinkles already got the chocolate and playboy mags out to bribe you all. So that won't work. I think i will just offer free hugs, Free back rubs and free foot massages. If your ever in Cairns Australia, look me up to pull in your IOU's

So.......

Best of Luck To All election candidates and especially to Phixion and Djohnso77 from ATSNN

Having said all that.. I can only sing again.......

Vote For May.....Vote For May.... Mayet For ATSNN will make your day......So Vote For May......

Yeah That's right....ALL THE WAY

* Apologises for the forum's shattered windows and sings over again.

What Can Mayet Bring To ATSNN? Heart and Soul....... That's what Mayet Can Bring to ATSNN.

[edit on 8-10-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 05:46 AM
link   
You have my vote,

i admire you as a poster, person and your ability.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Thanks for that... it's very appreciated and you sure do know how to make a girl smile

I would like to take this opportunity to hand out campaign badges for use by everyone and anyone if they so wish.

Link Address for campaign pin [www.rejectz.com/mayway.jpg]

Vote For May....Vote For May......Mayet For ATSNN will make your day.......so vote for May

All The Way

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Mayat is the one on the left, the super intelligent baby.

Edit:

Just got your image up in my sig dear. :-)

[edit on 8/10/2005 by Odium]

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
What new items or methods do you plan to bring to ATSNN?

What if anything do you think needs to be changed?
Plese be specific and state exactly how and what you would change while giving your reasons why.

What do you think should stay the same?
Again please be specific as to why you feel they should remain the same.

Why should I/we vote for you?

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Odium, I must say my campaign pin looks very spiffy on you there.

and shhhhhhhhh don't tell everyone about me being the super intelligent baby on the left. By the way she outsmarts me everyday with her antics. You have never seen such a quick jelly legged fat baby run out the door to freedom as soon as your attention is drawn away for an instant. She can shimmy down a set of steps faster than me. *sighs and lovingly rubs her old age walking frame.

Now to Shots.

I was recently quite honoured to be invited by Nerdling to join a panel of 4 experts from ATSNN along with Nerdling, Subz and Valhall. At our recent meeting we bought up various questions and issues we had regarding ATSNN along with laying out some suggestions we had. We were reassured that management was working on vanity issues and the voting system. As I have stated previously in my topic post I am adopting a wait see stance on the voting system. Other ideas thrown around the meeting were on how to get submissions out of no man's land faster which is another issue managment is also working on at present.

You asked what I would change, it's not my position to make changes, merely to suggest and discuss various points and ideas bought up by fellow members to management, who are ultimately responsible for implementing changes. I have learned long ago by buying businesses to resell at a profit that "If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I have also learned that new electees in any situation will fail if they walk in demanding and pushing for changes on a smoothly sailing ship.

I can say though that one of the ideas I bought to the table was to add two new categories to choose from when submitting news "Earth and Environment" and "Medical News/Breakthroughs". I feel these are a good idea with the influx of quality newsworthy articles on Bird Flu, Global Warming, Earthquakes and new medical breakthroughs.

I already spoke above of my new ideas. More exclusives, interviews and podcasts. I would like to encourage more contributers to post articles to keep ATSNN moving with breaking news and keep ATSNN at the top of search rankings. I would love to see the highest of quality standards across the board for submissions.

I would like to draw your attention to my first post when i nominated for ATSNN. Did you read my posts at all?

I will quote the post again here so readers can see it all in the one spot

ATSNN is my focus of activity on the boards. I enjoy bringing news from all genres to ATSNN that bring debate and thought provoking responses. I firmly believe that ATSNN has the potential to become a top ranking news feed with all the latest and greatest of all international news sites.

My work on ATSNN and my submissions speak for themselves and I am sure many of you have got to know a little bit about me from the articles and replies I make.

A bit about me.

I am a 38 year old Australian mother of six rugrats. I am a Computer Technician/Internet Consultant/Writer with a love of life and everything it has to offer. I have journeyed through many walks and come to many crossroads on my exploration of life and I wouldn't ever change a thing or experience as they are all such a valuable part of the making of me. I am currently studying part time for a degree in Internet Studies and writing my first novel.

My hobbies are keeping up to date with current affairs, photography, showing my kids a love of life and the environment, travel, reading, writing, astronomy, numerology, gardening, indigenous cultures, Star Trek Voyager, The Internet phenomena, history and of course conspiracies. I have many many more loves and likes that you will discover by reading posts authored by me.

My avatar which was created by me is of Ma'et - The Goddess of Truth Justice and the New World order. That's me....... Truth and Justice..... two ethics I firmly follow and believe in strongly. Ma'et is also the first two letters and last two letters of my name Margaret (If you stuck my avatar in a mirror that's what you would see).

As far as experience is concerned - None as past council member here on ATS/BTS/PTS but I am proudly a mega moderator on forums.windrivers.com... another huge member board for computer technical support. I also created, admin and run my daughters forum at www.rejectz.com... --

In real life I was a union delegate and member of the NSW labour council for many years before I became disillusioned with the political scene in the world today and the two party preferred system and decided I could make more of a difference freelance.

If you vote for me, you get me, all of me, I am who I am and i am a firm follower of my own moral ethic code - You get what you give.

Reasons you should vote for me

- Because I am nice and you all really want to invite me to dinner for great debates
- Because I deny bias
- Because I am Fair
- Because I care for ATSNN - Deeply
- Because I am active in working for ATSNN to see it grow and become a culture in news presentation.
- Because I have a sense of humour and don't take myself overly seriously
- Because I am serious about my intentions and care of ATSNN
- Because I can see both sides of coins, no matter what coins I am handling at the time.
- Because I would love to work with both staff, management and members to ensure ATSNN stays at the peak of respected news sources.
- Because you all really really want to vote me in

Thank You All
Mayet
Oh and just message me if you have any questions.....or even to just say hi

I could add to the list

Because ATSNN is a large part of my day to day life
Because I am approachable
Because I dig my feet in with issues and I see things through.
Because I am experienced in negotiating
Because I am experienced in council situations
Because I listen
Because I can articulate my desires and thoughts
Because I know how to handle sensitive situations and try for an outcome where everyone is as happy as possible
Because I understand each situation is different and a variety of approaches is needed
Because I think first act second
Because I have manners and tact
Because I say what I think (with manners and tact)
Because I am interested in what people have to say
Because I am prepared to stand up for what I believe in
Because I cheerfully can admit when I am wrong
Because I am fully aware of just what I can do and what I can't do
Because I love people and their differences
Because I understand people
Because I do think
Because I work hard
Because I focus on ATSNN daily and really only ATSNN
Because I believe in giving my all
Because I do not let my politics get in the way of a good story
Because I succeed
Because I am WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get.)

[edit on 9-10-2005 by Mayet]

[edit on 9-10-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Good luck in the race for ATSNN Councilor, Mayet. ATSNN will definately be in good hands given the candidates

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Best of luck, Mayet.

May the best woman/man/ETLF win.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I am glad to see other woman running for Council seats!

Last Council session I was the only female in the boys room

ATS has both sexes as members in about equal numbers and I would like to see the Council reflect this as well!

GOOD LUCK Mayet!

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
How do you think PODcasts could be utitlized for the ATSNN community? What are your opinions on the stricter standards kept for ATSNN? How do you think ATSNN can continue to try and challenge larger news organizations. And, finally, and perhaps most importantly, what do you think needs to be done about the drift that has occured within ATSNN from it's original goal?

Very well said.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
How do you think ATSNN can continue to try and challenge larger news organizations. And, finally, and perhaps most importantly, what do you think needs to be done about the drift that has occured within ATSNN from it's original goal?

Very well said.

You are wonderful Mayet - and your news stories contribute greatly to ATSNN. Than you for all your hard work.

I too would like to hear your answers to the above questions.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
As was mentioned by subz, and others, I am sure that ATSNN will continue to be in good hands with the current choices of candidates running for the ATSNN slot.

I have had differences with you Mayet, as I have had differences with subz, as with many others. Undoubtedly, our differences and disagreements have made us all stronger, in general.

Anyhow, after reading your post, I could not help but notice, sense, and feel your passion and sincerity for ATSNN. You, as with subz, as with many others, are great members and contributors to ATS, as a whole. Your dedication and committment to this community cannot be questioned. You are both assets.

I hope to come to know you, as with subz, more in the future. This is no guarentee that we will see eye-to-eye or not have continued disagreements, but what is sure, is that I have a new found understanding and respect for you, Mayet, as I do with subz.

I offer my very best to you, Mayet.
Good luck.

seekerof

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
More questions Mayet.

Would you please comment on SkepticOverlord's statement:

"When ATSNN was first launched, it was intended as the current events news portal for a very large conspiracy theory community. As such, the intent was that we have a primary focus on analysis of major media news as it relates to ATS topics."

Post Number: 1736770 (post id: 1758663)

...How do you interpret this statement? Do you think it's valid to have a news portal that analyzes major media news as it relates to conspiracy topics? Short of dictating such a policy by facist order, do you see that even being possible? Can it happen? Should it happen?

.Thanks.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
How do you think PODcasts could be utitlized for the ATSNN community?

Podcasts can be utilized firstly for live reporting. Also another idea for Podcasts is to have a weekly or daily news round up. Similiar to the 6 o clock news but on subjects to do with ATS. Example. I could do a weekly report via podcast of Australian News. Other reporters can do a weekly roundup of their views on the news. A Current Affairs like program of podcasts.

What are your opinions on the stricter standards kept for ATSNN?

The stricter standards are nessesary for an international top ranking xml news feed. To quote

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

Skeptic Overlord
There are some issues that come up from time to time that need attention:
1) Quality of writing and proper submission format. We're looking at ways to reward or otherwise call-out stellar submissions, rather than smack-down marginal ones.
2) Quality of source article. Using blogs or highly-biased sources shouldn't happen.
3) Bias creeping into the opening intro. Stating your opinion or spin is fine, but it should stay out of the intro.
4) A seeming proliferation of right or left leaning articles with very little "really unbiased" content.
skeptic

These are some instances of higher requirements. ATSNN needs to be more rigid than the forum topics because its a credible news source. We do need to have those higher standards to remain credible and not be ridiculed like Indiadaily.

Soficrow
I think ATSNN is more dynamic - and more interesting.
Everyone brings their own unique energy to the news board - and sometimes it's positively buzzing. There are new voices, new perspectives, new interests.
...I would like to see some kind of advice 'program' for reporters - some of the glitches are quite minor, but they can prevent good submissions from moving forward.

ah now Soficrow has mentioned in that post an idea I have been giving serious thought to lately in regard to improving standards and keeping strict control of quality. I have noticed that submissions are staying in no man's land even when the source story is dynamite. This is usually because of the Intro being what I would call "not top quality". The problem with the voting system is that "intro fix" just doesn't quite say what it is. It could be one spelling mistake or it could be total lack of content. (while I mention that I thought I just had would be a "Fix Intro Content" choice on the voting form). Then the votes start coming in. Some will vote yes because the story (source) is dynamite but then many more will vote no or fix because of the content. So the votes go up and down. The author has a three hour time frame to edit the content of the news post although the world is a 24 hour place. So after that three hours many more people are logging in and maybe voting fix intro and the authors hands are tied, no edit button. The story then just sits. And if the story does get voted up into news, really its not good. It doesn't look nice, it doesn't tell the story and makes the news look haphazard and rushed. It doesn't invite interest or comment. I will cite an example.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The particular story is revelant to ATSNN in my eyes. But the submission needs to tell more of the story. There are many sources for this story and it could easily have more info and interest in the intro. I am not picking on the author, he has done a great job in submitting the story, he has added a graphic (fantastic) and other links. The story is still in submssion as I write this. I feel had that intro been fuller that story would now be news and well ranked and a respected piece. If there was such a way that mentoring of contributers could occur that would be great. For example asking questions about your submission and writing of someone who knows. Or someone u2u'ing the contributer and gently pointing out some improvements. In any standard news office this occurs, with editors checking over and suggesting changes and edit for the author to carry out. Hints on how to get that story up there quicker. After the three hour lapse as well if edits are required its the job of u2uing the mods. They are pretty busy people and may not be able to get to it while its still hot news. This is once again where a mentoring system or "editors" could come in handy. See..... ATSNN stories rank well on google and not just on site. I have often come across atsnn pieces in my google travels and so do millions of others. The standard has to be the best. The grammar has to be near perfect and the spelling exact, well once we get over which form of english spelling to use

If the mentoring system takes place then contributers will start seeing their successes and be encouraged to contribute more. When other members see contributers making news then they will be more inclined to contribute. ATSNN can be a scary place when you first start. to have a couple of people to buddy you before you get your flight feathers would be an asset. It would save also on discouraging and disheartening no votes.

The points system on submssions and titles is fair. By the time a contributer has the 75 requirment for expert they are pretty well versed on how to write and what to write on. I would personally like to see a title system professionally befitting like contributer - Reporter - Senior reporter - staff reporter - editor- senior editor - staff editor - The Editor

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Oh yeah and I think leading by example is one way of pulling ATSNN back to the original mission statement. I like to hope I do that already.

I would also invite members to reread the following topics

I like submission 2 on the above link. It fits in with my birth and change theory quite well

[edit on 11-10-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Thank you, Mayet.

I am inviting you, and your competitors, to respond to my podcast on the ATS election. Called "Who Cares?" the post intro states "Experimental democracy founders at ATS, the InterNet's premiere conspiracy site."

Podcast: Who Cares?

Who Cares: The Thread.

Thanks, sofi

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Thanks Soficrow I will listen today if my silly system decides to accept downloads again.

I have been pondering long and hard on the drift of ATSNN. The simple answer for conspiracy related stories is once again to create a category to choose from when posting of "Conspiracy Alert"

This defines the story as a conspiracy related subject and separates the story on ATSNN into it's correct category. Then when anyone accesses ATSNN's main page they can click the conspiracy link and find all the stories bundled together for easy reference.

This would help ATSNN not only stay on track but neaten up the postings as ATSNN is referenced and used by many people the world over a long time after the articles are first posted. People who are interested in conspiracy related news only could then happily go to that section to peruse the stories they wish to read and devour.

DJohnso77 is correct in saying that ATSNN has grown into more than it's original goal. As I said in my post above ATSNN has settled into being it's own entity and there is room for both interesting stories of a non conspiracy content and for conspiracy related subjects to reside side by side in their correct categories.

If ATSNN was not getting hits and not getting replies due to the drift from the original purpose then there would be more of a worry and issue to work on immediately. But in the present form ATSNN ranks well and is extremely popular with members and guests visiting ATSNN.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

I have had differences with you Mayet, as I have had differences with subz, as with many others. Undoubtedly, our differences and disagreements have made us all stronger, in general.

Anyhow, after reading your post, I could not help but notice, sense, and feel your passion and sincerity for ATSNN. You, as with subz, as with many others, are great members and contributors to ATS, as a whole. Your dedication and committment to this community cannot be questioned. You are both assets.

seekerof

Thanks Seekerof. I appreciate that and it means a lot to me. And really if my husband doesn't agree with most of the things I have to say and I live with him then I certainly do not expect the rest of the world who doesn't love me and live with me, to agree with my stance on many issues.

Its our differences that make us unique and the different points of view that make ATSNN so special. You have made me think before on issues Seekerof and in some cases I have been able to look at issues from another point of view from someone elses shoes so to speak after you have replied to one of my postings.

We are unique and that's what makes it all special.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
More questions Mayet.

Would you please comment on SkepticOverlord's statement:

"When ATSNN was first launched, it was intended as the current events news portal for a very large conspiracy theory community. As such, the intent was that we have a primary focus on analysis of major media news as it relates to ATS topics."

Post Number: 1736770 (post id: 1758663)

...How do you interpret this statement? Do you think it's valid to have a news portal that analyzes major media news as it relates to conspiracy topics? Short of dictating such a policy by facist order, do you see that even being possible? Can it happen? Should it happen?

.Thanks.

Sorry Sofi I missed this one somehow. I will reply on this in a few hours after i have compile my answer in my head while running my kids to school and daycare. I need something heavy to think about while I am vaccuuming the floor and making beds
otherwise I would go mad.

I have pretty much answered this from other posts but I will answer this question directly.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
To quote Noam Chomsky;
In order for democracy to be "democratic," the media has to fulfill two functions:
  • The Media must report the news fairly, completely, and without bias.
  • The Media must function as a watchdog for the public against abuse of power.
How do you plan to make sure the ATSNN is kept at both of those levels? What are the challenges to keeping those functions alive and well on ATSNN?

How do you plan to get ATSNN out to a wider audiance? Do you wish to see ATSNN stick as it is now, with people reporting stories they see on Yahoo!, MSN, etc or move to ATSNN having its own journalism team? [Not just Op/Ed's] If the second what ideas do you have to help boost this effort?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join