It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't get it... what is a pod cast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I don't get what is a pod cast, what does it do? do i get music from it? help! i am getting ipod nano... and does it have anything to do with pod case?

[edit on 7-10-2005 by ulshadow]

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
A PODcast is an mp3 audio recording that you download or stream to an audio player. You can listen to these broadcasts through any computer audio software like Windows Media Player or Winamp. You can also download the file to your Nano and listen to it on the go. They can contain most anything like music, interviews or anything else a person can record with a microphone like an ATS audio thread.

Wikipedia PODcast Description

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Check this out!

And this!

You do not need an iPod to listen to listen to ATS PODcasts. Click the MP3 links to listen.

Start Listening Here!

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Just to add to the great stuff the others have said, I'll just say that a PODcast is a way to use my vocal chords instead of my fingers (typing) to say what I feel like saying. To get the inflection and tone of voice that is lost in the typed word.

Basically, it's just a recording of me saying some stuff and putting it up here for others to listen to. It's a neat way of getting my opinion and personality out there and getting to know the other members on a more personal level.

There's some pretty funny ones (Huggy Bear, I can't speak English), there's some serious ones (Foreign signs, Oklahoma University bombing) and some musical ones (by True American and Majik)

Listen to some and you'll get the idea.
Hope to HEAR from you soon.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Cool, thanks a lot

now all i need to do is wait for my ipod nano
can't wait

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ulshadow
Cool, thanks a lot

now all i need to do is wait for my ipod nano
can't wait

I don't own an ipod nano (don't even know what it is). All you need to make PODcasts is a microphone and I think a soundcard. And then this free downloadable software (I use Audacity) for making the recording.

If you can listen to music on your computer and have a mic, you can be ready to go today!
Download Audacity Here

[edit on 8-10-2005 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
You'll notice that alot of newer computers have on-board sound input systems, so you don't even need a sound card if your computer has one of the on-board ones!

I've uploaded a podcast with some hints and tips to aid the new podcasters, as well.

I reccomend using Audacity, too.

^_^

new topics

top topics

join