It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Plane Transporting Flu Virus Crashes in Canada

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
On October 6, 2005 a Plane that was transporting frozen Flu Virus and Herpes Virus to Thunder Bay, Ontario for research crashed near Winnipeg's City Center on a railway track. There were 6 vials of virus samples that were labeled dangerous goods on board the flight. Federal Express spokesperson Karen Cooper said the vials at the crash site were not hazardous because the cargo was destroyed in the resulting blaze.

www.newsday.com
WINNIPEG, Manitoba -- A cargo plane carrying small amounts of flu virus crashed on railway tracks near Winnipeg's city center Thursday, killing the pilot but missing buildings and vehicles, authorities said.

The research samples of frozen influenza and herpes viruses were destroyed in the crash and ensuing fire along with other freight, Federal Express
spokeswoman Karen Cooper said. She said the Cessna 208 was owned by Morningstar Air Express of Edmonton and was under contract to FedEx.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I can only hope that this particular flu virus that was in this crash wasn't a part of the virus samples they are working on from the 1918 flu. The one that they also said there was no danger to the public from their experiments, because are conducted in biosafety level three labs designed to contain the virus.

I would feel much better if I knew that they didn't ship these viruses that have to be contained in a biosafety level three lab by FedEx and carriers they contract work out to.

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
NEWS: Deadly 1918 Spanish Flu Recreated By Scientists Found To Be Avian Flu

Mod Edit: Turned off Bold Text

[edit on 10/7/05 by FredT]

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Ship by lowest bidder. Typical government operation.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
But but...they dont want abortions, and they take real good care of us

Does it make sense that this conspiracy to eradicate millions take place?

For all of us who werent schitzo before we are now.

Just once i would like to see something that makes sense and is not a conspiracy and is on the up and up...

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I tell you I can imagine the government going to extremes as to spread the virus before a vaccine is made.

One thing is to do it quietly but another to have it all over the news as some type of accident.

I love conspiracies.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Accidents happen and how exactly do you want them to ship the stuff?? COD via the US postal service??

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
My husband heard this once on CNN. It vanished into oblivion.
Coast to Coast AM made a HUGE deal of this last night.

Seeing the actual story and that the virus burned in the wreckage makes me feel better.
(Not being able to ind it earlier made me a touch uneasy.)
Thanks for finding and posting!

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Yeah, accidents do happen, but shipping by lowest bidding isn't the brightest way to do things. But then again they do everything by lowest bidder, so why would this be any different. Although FedEx does have a pretty good safety record.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Low bid or not, as long as the samples were properly packaged, they would be reasonably safe.
Bidding on contracts had nothing to do with accidental crashes.

[edit on 7-10-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I'm not saying the low bidding had anything to do with the crash. I realize it was an accident. The point I was trying to make is that going with the lowest bidder is going to come back and bite everyone someday when something bad DOES happen.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Oh for Petes sakes...lets see..accidents dont really happen to viruses which have been talked about all day and its going to get us, its going to kill us, we must rush and get vaccines...ooooops! Plane crash
Oh well, we tried...

Call me nuts but i do beleive i am correct in assuming this administration and the world elite want us dead pronto.

Oh what a legacy we will leave for those who survive! (in their respective bunkers) that is...

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
You know Dg I was thinking about the same thing when I saw this thread, I wonder also how in the world we have been already briefed about the potential implications of an imminent virus outbreak.

And then this happen, is thing in this world that makes you go . . . Hum mm. . .

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
This is all reached the point where the doubt goes away and the realization is that we are knee deep in poop and the flyes and smell are rising..up up up and something is going to get us. Heck it might as well be the flu...what are the alternatives? hmmm?

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
FredT -- I understand what you are saying about how would they ship things but when they make a big point of telling us that viruses are contained and we shouldn't worry about them because the research is being done in Biohazard Level 3 facilities to placate the public I guess I would think they might transport them on government aircraft at least.

Although I don't know why that even crosses my mind as I live within view of Plum Island and know that specimens were delivered to the home of the director at one time and left on his doorstep unrefrigerated.

Now the next question that comes to my mind (even knowing it probably isn't true it still crossed my mind) is was there actually a fire that was that powerful from the crash or was it perhaps done by government to be sure that none of the virus got out into the public area as it sounded like it was a pretty populated area this happened in. (railway and near city center)

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I am just thinking out loud but wouldnt using the military to transport viruses be a better idea. A virus being transported by a courier would be an easier target than a military transport for terrorists. I am not saying this was a terrorist act.................like I said.............just thinking out loud.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Just as an FYI for those of you interested in backgound information, this is the US's DOT guide to shipping Infectious stuff

hazmat.dot.gov...

More that you ever wanted to know on the shipment of the stuff

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Its stories like these that bring out the doom mongers.

She said FedEx would be offering their money back guarantee and reimbursement for goods lost. She said six 0.5 millilitre vials — four of which contained frozen herpes samples and two with frozen Influenza A — for research purposes, were labelled hazardous goods by occupational health and safety.

Remember awhile back when a truck carrying anthrax was in a car accident in winnipeg?

They really have bad luck there.

Earlier this year, a FedEx truck carrying potentially deadly substances, such as anthrax and tuberculosis, to Winnipeg’s virology lab collided with a van at an intersection. None of the substances spilled in the crash.

This is not the first time a plane has crashed in the middle of Winnipeg. In June 2002, a twin-engine Piper Navajo returning from a northern fishing lodge crashed about three kilometres short of the airport after running out of fuel.

www.brandonsun.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Earlier this year, a FedEx truck carrying potentially deadly substances, such as anthrax and tuberculosis, to Winnipeg’s virology lab collided with a van at an intersection. None of the substances spilled in the crash.

www.brandonsun.com...

I get the feeling that this sort of accident occurs more often than we know. This is two in the same area in a short period of time.
And just how many close calls have happened at the numerous other labs around the world???

Cooper said all 200 packages on board, weighing a total of 2,200 pounds, were destroyed in the crash. Customers who lost cargo on the plane are urged to call 1-800-GOFEDEX (463-3339).

She said FedEx would be offering their money back guarantee and reimbursement for goods lost. She said six 0.5 millilitre vials — four of which contained frozen herpes samples and two with frozen Influenza A — for research purposes, were labelled hazardous goods by occupational health and safety.
(from same link as above)

When you consider what was being shipped though, it is not that bad. Herpes and Influenza A aren't going to wipe out the human race.

Please call the number above if your vials don't arrive on time,
you may have a refund coming.....

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I just think its an odd coincidence this plane went down.

Virus and all.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I just think its an odd coincidence this plane went down.
Virus and all.

Hmm really? Plane crashes occur all the time and viruses, medical specimins which can be classifed as harradous material, and nuclear matieral criss cross the world everyday.

In this case Influenza viruses could be going to a research lab making the 2006 flu vaccine, or any other type of research that goes on in a Univerity research hosptial or lab commercial or otherwise.

If they were going for infective spread, why not have the plane break apart in mid air for better airborne disbursal? Or better yet a a late night flight with sprayers???

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Dont forget you're in a conspiracy board talking to someone who beleives conspiracies..

The monkey has escaped.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join