It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Ghost Hunters' Tackle Haunted U.S. Towns

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
It's pretty obviously Grant without the analysis, but I will find you a link to some guy's analysis who put in a lot of time on it. be back.

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Here you go...

www.ultimatetechlinks.com...

Here's a response from an expert in the thermal camera field who works for the manufacturer of the camera who appears to be familiar with some of the TAPS investigations to the owner of that web site.

"Hi Michael,

I wish these guys would come to training before using a thermal camera to investigate these phenomena. I have seen other video clips where the investigators were clearly using the wrong settings and operating modes of the camera for the investigation.

In the video clip you referenced, my opinion is that the figure seen in the door is nothing but a thermal reflection of one of the investigators or camera crew.

Regards,

Gary"

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I love the show even though I don't completely believe there is such a thing as ghosts, but I'm open minded. I like how they try to debunk a haunting as opposed to proving a haunting. It adds some credibilty. It's a lot easier to fake a picture of a ghost than it is to debunk it. Especially now a days with comps and all.

As far as the state penn ghost, they been had on that one. I don't know what it is that's hanging just to the left of the railing, but it moves when the "ghost" turns and runs. I don't think ghosts are supposed to move air. Could be wrong I guess. Also looks like they're wearing sneakers.

The one I would like to get a closer look at is the one where the sound guy is " attacked" by a ghost at the old army reserve center. Problem with the show is you see everything at their pace. Might be a video at their website, I'll have to take a look see.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Then why couldn't they duplicate it? They tried, in fact they thought it was a thermal reflection, until they couldn't replicate it. They tried different angles, different positions, and couldn't get the same result, not even close to it.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Whoa, what's up with this? it posted twice... Strange.

[edit on 27-2-2006 by DevinS]

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I look forward to this show every week and Tivo the new episodes to watch again. I enjoy their down to earth natures and scientific methods. That said however, I realized that may have been a planned effect of their investigative style? For example: Did anyone see the Queen Elizabeth Epidode?

A made bed came undone miraculously in front of our eyes but they caught the hoax by the mere flicker of a bed cover. I was impressed with their attention to detail but have since wondered if it was set up by them to gain some early credibility?

Still my favorite program second only to 24...

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by TheUntoldStory
they were on one of the cell blocks when a shadowy
figure in a crouching position got up and ran.

I think that's a fake. The figure comes up the walkway towards
the camera and when it turns around and runs back down the
hall ... off to the left part of the screen you can see sneaker
bottoms and I think I can see a leg when the cape sweeps
open for a moment.

If you watch the video clip, you see it does not walk twords the camera, and then turn around at all, it's as if it's walking backwards, and then takes off.
I feel it's fake also, because what ghost wears Khakis?
It did not show the shoes however, watch the video clip by clip, the pants are covering the shoes, to make it seem as if they're are none.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I watched the first season of "Ghosthunters" and stopped after that. I noted some BS, particularly in one episode. A chair in an attic moved and you could see that someone was behind the door and had very likely pulled on it with fishing line or something else.

The show is phony baloney, but good for a few cheap laughs.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I have seen the show and it seems pretty real to me, I enjoyed the most the episode in which they got their first apparition in a movie.

It was of a civil war soldier, it was very, very incredible, even they were amazed by it.

I also enjoy when they prove allegations of sitings and huntings to be made up to attract people.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I don't get the sci-fi channel here. It really sucks because I just rented the dvd "The Very Best of Ghost Hunters". This show is really good. I'd love to see this every week. Much, much better than Most Haunted. These guys seem more down to earth. The only channel I get that's like the sci-fi network is a channel called Space. I don't know if it comes on any other networks? Wish it did.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Since I don't have satelite I can't get the sci-fi network. So I was able to find and download the first season of the show. I love it. I'm working on getting the second season now. Was there only 10 episodes in the first season because that's all I could find?

Has anyone ever heard of what Jason or Grant's paranormal experiences were that set them down the ghost hunter road? They don't seem to talk about it anywhere. I heard them say on Conan that it was personal and they couldn't talk about it.

I can't wait to see season 2.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I personally really like the show. It's one of the very few that actually try and debunk theories. However, I think that when they do get something good it's the real deal.

They tried to debunk the figure at Eastern State and couldn't make it match. They had someone up there trying to recreate what they had on camera and the person in place couldn't run as fast and make it look as smooth.
In regard to the thermal image they captured. The guy they captured had a hat on and Grant didn't so to me it couldn't be a reflection.

I think these are two guys very interested in the paranormal that got a TV break and now are more in the spot light for people to poo poo their research.

I will get a chance to meet with Jason and Grant in Nov when I go on a investigation with them through the Stanley Hotel in CO. By that I should be able to get a feel if they are in it for the money and fame or if they are really interested in trying to determine the cause of these cases.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   
NEW SEASON set to start. 13 episodes for the fall.

BTW .. about the 'brian drama' ... Brian has a new girlfriend and a new baby.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join