It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Ghost Hunters' Tackle Haunted U.S. Towns

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
WHile I have not seen the show myself, it seems that these guys hunt even whent he cameras are off. Ive done my share of offroading and jeeping in the Southwest of the U.S. and come across quite a fw ghost towns. Never quite had the courage to stay overnight in one though.

SAVANNAH, Ga. - Blown-out candles rekindle themselves, silverware moves untouched around vacant tables and a shadowy figure lurks in the basement.
Based on the manager's description, the Moon River brew pub is a perfect spot for Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson to hunt for ghostly shadows and eerie bumps in the night — at least those not coming from the cameraman filming their every move.

"It's a different world when the cameras aren't here," says Wilson, half of the plumbers-by-day, ghostbusters-by-night duo from the cable reality show "Ghost Hunters." "When there's no show, it's just us two. So when you hear footsteps, you know there's no one else around."

Though their Sci Fi Channel series debuted just a year ago, Hawes and Wilson of Warwick, R.I., have been investigating haunted hotspots for 15 years as leaders of the Atlantic Paranormal Society.
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I like the show, I have watched it since it came on. I like the way it is presented. They try to "debunk" rather than find something that may not be there. I highly suggest you watch it, if you are interested in the paranormal!

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
The part I liked was the fact that they do this even when the cameras have gone home. This at least suggests that thier interest in the subject is personal and not commerical

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   
A coworker and I watch Ghost Hunters whenever it is on. We work midnights, so it makes for some interesting entertainment.

Recently, my wife and I took our kids out for a weekend trip to Altoona, PA to see the railroading attractions and had an opportunity to walk through the Railroaders museum that was the subject of a recent show. It was quite interesting to visit a site that was featured on Ghost Hunters.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
What time and Channel does this show air? It sounds good. I watch Most Haunted every Friday but it is starting to get a little old. I'd like to check this show out.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   
It is on Sci Fi on Wednesday nights. I do enjoy watching it, though I forget pretty often.

Most haunted is REALLY hokey! That guy is a fraud and that woman is an idiot! I do watch it though, usually on Saturday mornings

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Thnaks llpoolej,

I'll try to check it out. I get really tired of the lady screaming and wimpering at every little thing on Most Haunted. If she is that scared she shouldn't be investigating hauntings.

[edit on 13-10-2005 by librasleep]

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Glad to hear these guys have a serious bent, I was begining to wonder.....

I do watch their show (Ghost Hunters ).....but I'm getting a little tired of some of the things they do. The cameras are almost always focused on one of their faces, not the supposedly ghostly surroundings. When they visit one of those historic sites, I would rather see the area where the ghosts are said to materialize, at least for more than a second or two....and when there is a noise, I'd like for them to stop jabbering about it and have a least a moment of silence, long enough to see if it would be repeated.

Recently they visited a prison in Ohio, where the Shawshank Redemption was filmed......when they heard foots steps overhead, instead of shushing so we all could hear, or they could record......they just kept on talking about what they could hear. And when they heard a loud thump while visiting the Lizzie Borden house, instead of listening for a moment longer, they jump up and start running through the house. Then they later explain it away as the airconditioner kicking on and off....but if they had listened a bit longer when they first heard it, they might have had more to go on.

Maybe they could set up some sound equipment and a few (hidden ) cameras, and then go home, taking all of the extra clutter out of the environment. They could just add what ever else they get that way to their regular hoopla.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
did you see the season finale ? they got an apparition on the thermal camera at the crescent hotel. AMAZING

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Yeah I saw the season finale. Definitely amazing what they caught on the thermal cam. Like he said it really was like the Holy Grail of ghost hunting.

I also liked the Medium they interviewed while using the thermal cam. Once something was asked and the medium was trying to read something from the guy, the camera went nuts. Then there was like an energy that went from the bald guy to the medium. Then the medium moved his hand and it was gone.

[edit on 19-10-2005 by KidOK]

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   
its a very entertaining show, i watched most the first season. i became too busy though.

it is a good show for paranormal. very down to earth kinda thing. they are more for saying its not true then it is.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   
They need to spend more time at their sites. Ghosts don't perform
on cue. Our house is quiet for a few months, and then for a month
or so it's very active. (last night our spook was squeeking the dog's
toys. We were all asleep in bed.. even the dog.
)

I watched the finale last night. Excellent. I don't know if the
medium's house is haunted, or if it's just him. I'm thinking it
might be just him.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
in my opinion it is a good show, most sit by the TV waiting for something to happen, haha at times so do i. in one episode they went to a state penitentuary (not the shawshank redemption one) and they were on one of the cell blocks when a shadowy figure in a crouching position got up and ran. if anybody else has seen this episode and can explain this better. that in my idea was probably the best footage they ever got. most of the times all you see is doors opening and closing with nobody around. still a great show, dont get me wrong. and they're good at what they do.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
i like the show.. these guys are true belivers.. unlike alot of ghost chasers, and they use scientific methods not to debunk anyone.. but because they want that 100% proof positive evidence that ghosts exist

SMR

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
www.castleofspirits.com...
They went back near the end of the season.Watched the marathon the other day.I cant say what it is in the video, but 'something' is there.
This video clip is very popular around the net, even before people knew it was TAPS that shot it.

"We went all the way to Good old Philly, PA to visit Eastern State Penitentiary. The place left an impression on us all. We did capture something odd on video. It is a figure of some sort coming toward the camera and then leaving quickly back down the hallway.

We want you to check it out yourself.

Here are some things to consider when watching this. While it does look like someone in a cape, the figure moves with great speed and does not turn to go back down the hallway, also it doesn't bob up and down & it would have to be about 4 feet tall. If someone was messing with us they would have had to have hidden in there all day, and known where all the cameras were and know when to stop right outside of the field of vision of the DVR camera. Everyone who was there that night was out eating dinner together when this footage was captured.

We can't say 100% what it is. But we had other experiences to support this as potential evidence. So, we present it here for you to examine and you can come to your own conclusions. We are on the fence, what about you?

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
did you see the season finale ? they got an apparition on the thermal camera at the crescent hotel. AMAZING

I am looking forward to having an opportunity to study that video; hopefully, it will be available for download.

I believe it is very convincing evidence and I am looking forward to watching the skeptics try to debunk this one. Absolutely amazing and several elements are difficult, if not impossible to rationalize as a natural phenomena. The apparition and - perhaps even more inexplicable - the 'hot' number 2 are perhaps the most convincing and indisputable proof of life after death I've ever seen captured. Far too many photos and videos can be debunked with little effort - good luck explaining this one away!

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheUntoldStory
they were on one of the cell blocks when a shadowy
figure in a crouching position got up and ran.

I think that's a fake. The figure comes up the walkway towards
the camera and when it turns around and runs back down the
hall ... off to the left part of the screen you can see sneaker
bottoms and I think I can see a leg when the cape sweeps
open for a moment.

I don't buy that one, even though they tote it as their best
footage. I think their best footage is that house in New
Hampshire - where they get the door opening and closing
by itself a few times. The one where Jayson was in the
bedroom and he heard the door open and close even
though it didn't.

The footage from the finale was great too. Wonder why the
ghost had the #2 so hot? And it looks like he was looking down
towards it or something ... like he's giving a clue ... #2 ... hmmmm

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Yep, you mentioned all the best incidents they got as evidence.

I agree on the Eastern State figure. You can definitely see legs under the cape, and the figure is solid enough to disturb the air. Plus, Eastern State Penitentiary promoted the show's visit as part of their Halloween site. Someone who is part of a haunted house could have pulled that off scene with ease.

That's the problem with the Ghost Hunters going to "commercial" sites. There's always someone on the staff who wants to make a better promotion. The best example was the "unmaking bed" on the Queen Mary. I said "stop-action" the first time I saw the footage. I can't believe the guys believed that even for a second.

The Hunters should stick to cases where someone has nothing to gain from the promotion.

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

That of course has been pretty much debunked as a "reflection" of Grant.

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JP1064
That of course has been pretty much debunked as a "reflection" of Grant.

Really? Do you have any links with definitive evidence of that? I've searched for it, and can't find much. There are discussions, but no solid conclusions either way.

When they went back in front of the locker there was no reflection apparent. They also couldn't re-create the appearance of heat on the "2".

When they went to a mirror to get a reflection, it actually looked like Grant. The image on the locker looked nothing like that reflection.

I'm still open on this one , unless there is a definitive debunk out there.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join