It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could alien life have emerged on Titan?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Well,

In the spirit of the life on Venus thread, I'd like to bring up the possibility that some form of life may exist on Titan, Saturn's largest moon. Certainly, from what we know of Titan's environment, this life would be radically different from what we know on earth... But, still, one has to wonder.

I've heard, here and there, theories that NASA is aware of ET life on Titan... If anyone has heard of this conspiracy, please post some information on it below. Doing a quick serach on the net, I haven't seen anything more that the usual un-backed up rumors.

But, so far as general life goes, here are some links on the subject of life on Titan:

www.chez.com...

esapub.esrin.esa.it...

www.lifeinuniverse.org...

www.bbc.co.uk...

I thought that the page that brought up the question of what life actually 'is' was fairly interesting.

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Here's some additional info. The space.com link brings up the possibility of life. The JPL site talks about one of the craft en route to Titan.

www.space.com...

saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

www.solarviews.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I'm fairly certain that all the stuff NASA really knows about Titan is more than what the public is told. So I don't want to speculate on outdated information that is fed to us. Eventually, the public will have to be told. Its just taking a heck of a long time.

Water vapor has indeed been found in Titan's atmosphere, but the current theory given to us is that its probably just heat given off from hot craters spawned from comet impacts. I'm sure there's more to it, but I don't like to read or be told an ounce of the whole truth. I want it all.

[Edited on 12-9-2003 by heelstone]

join