It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No doubt about it Aurora does exist.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
i just finished interviewing a Vietnam war vet for military history class that my professor assigned us for the Aviation Special Collection at my school. The purpose of the interviewing was for the oral presentation, and to interview people related to aviation of course. so after i finished asking him questions about the aircraft he flew on and what his views are during the war before and after. i finished recording and we still have time left so we could talk some more of his war stories. i asked him about Area 51, he told me that he had a friend who use to be a WW2 pilot who flew U-2 planes and other aircraft and was at Area 51. i asked the interviewee about Aurora, the interviewee would only say he heard of it from his friend that flew U-2s and other aircraft, that his friend mentioned the Aurora a couple of times to him but nothing specific. i was like in awe. i hoped that his friend could tell more but that was all his friend would say, about the name Aurora. i believe that the interviewee mentioned his friend working at Skunk Works as well...i still have the audio tape which i have to turn into a transcript and turn it in by the first week of November to the professor which would be added to the collection for the Aviation. i know it may not sound exciting or may not be true, but i believe him that the aircraft exist. he didnt say that it was THE aircraft but just say he heard of it from his friend.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing your own personal story on the subject
Ive heard many creditable people mention the existance of the Aurora but its always interesting to hear a personal story related to it.

All we can know for sure is that the name Aurora appeared below the SR-71 Blackbird and U-2, in the 1985 Pentagon budget request.

Conclusive evidence remains illusive

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Conclusive evidence remains illusive

yes, that's the general idea of "Top Secret". Otherwise it would be on belowtopsecret.com

Good thing though. I do like hearing people say that there are credible people supporting the Aurora.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
You can always get conclusive evidence about a Aircraft even while the Goverment still labels it ''Top Secret''. They just have to screw up and have one shot down or some get clear pictures or footage of it.

Dont laugh it happened to the U-2

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Aurora is probably the best deception by the U.S military in modern history. They most likely started it as a rumor to draw possible attention away from real black projects. And like the saps we are, we fell for it.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I have read here many testimonies about Aurora before. yours Deltaboy like many others seem to confirm that there is something that is referred to Aurora. If indeed your friend's friend did work at Skunkworks (aka LM Aeronautics Palmdale) is quite possible that he knew about the project.

What doesn't fit me is that a lot of people claim that someone that works in a defence operation, slipped that information without giving any details except that it is out there. Is suspicious that so many people let out the same info over and over again. It seems like 'someone' told them what to tell and to whom they should disclosed it.

I also believe like some already mention, that Aurora is just a coverup so that everyone will be busy searching for it (including foreign governments) instead of looking for the real projects...

That's my 2 cents...

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Good story, thanks for sharing it. Keep up the good work. I too believe that the Aurora exists. What I also believe is that there is a whole host of other exotic projects and like NWguy83 said it may be that the aurora has been let slip to distract from these. I'll bet my bottom dollar that its the next black project to be declassified.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Good work, if you've got it on tape, why not make it into a Podcast? That would be execellent!

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 04:53 AM
link   
"In the February 1985 submission of the FY 1986 budget, the Aurora line item projected a request of over $2 billion in the FY 1987 budget. But one year later, when the FY 1987 budget was submitted, the Aurora line item had vanished as mysteriously as it had first appeared. Indeed, FY 1987 request for the overall Air Force aircraft procurement account was several billion dollars less than had be projected in 1985, and there were no line items in the FY 1987 request that could have been used to conceal a request for funding for Aurora." - FAS.Org

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by NWguy83
"In the February 1985 submission of the FY 1986 budget, the Aurora line item projected a request of over $2 billion in the FY 1987 budget. But one year later, when the FY 1987 budget was submitted, the Aurora line item had vanished as mysteriously as it had first appeared. Indeed, FY 1987 request for the overall Air Force aircraft procurement account was several billion dollars less than had be projected in 1985, and there were no line items in the FY 1987 request that could have been used to conceal a request for funding for Aurora." - FAS.Org

Yup, but when was the B-2 de-classified on the budget?

www.fas.org...

Prior to 1989, much of the funding for the B-2 Advanced Technology Bomber was contained in an Air Force Aircraft Procurement line item designated Other Production Charges. This line item was aggregated in a budget activity designated Aircraft Support Equipment and Facilities, which included such items as Common Ground Equipment, for which roughly half a billion dollars was budgeted in the mid-1980s, as well as other items such as War Consumable, and Industrial Responsiveness.

The comparable Navy budget activity also provided roughly half a billion dollars for Common Ground Equipment during this period. But it is interesting to note that while the Navy allocated approximately $50 million for Other Production Charges (indicative that there is indeed something that actually consists of Other Production Charges, whatever such a miscellaneous category might encompass), the Air Force allocation for Other Production Charges had peaked at over $3.5 billion by 1987. This mystery was solved with the FY 1989 budget, which for the first time provided unclassified budget figures for the B-2. The Other Production Charges line dropped nearly $2 billion from the previous year.

[edit on 10-10-2005 by kilcoo316]

Mod Edit: Fixed Quote Tags.

[edit on 10/10/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
", and there were no line items in the FY 1987 request that could have been used to conceal a request for funding for Aurora." - FAS.Org

posted on Mar, 11 2023 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: kilcoo316

Yup, but when was the B-2 de-classified on the budget?

www.fas.org...

Prior to 1989, much of the funding for the B-2 Advanced Technology Bomber was contained in an Air Force Aircraft Procurement line item designated Other Production Charges. This line item was aggregated in a budget activity designated Aircraft Support Equipment and Facilities, which included such items as Common Ground Equipment, for which roughly half a billion dollars was budgeted in the mid-1980s, as well as other items such as War Consumable, and Industrial Responsiveness.

The comparable Navy budget activity also provided roughly half a billion dollars for Common Ground Equipment during this period. But it is interesting to note that while the Navy allocated approximately $50 million for Other Production Charges (indicative that there is indeed something that actually consists of Other Production Charges, whatever such a miscellaneous category might encompass), the Air Force allocation for Other Production Charges had peaked at over $3.5 billion by 1987. This mystery was solved with the FY 1989 budget, which for the first time provided unclassified budget figures for the B-2. The Other Production Charges line dropped nearly $2 billion from the previous year.

[edit on 10-10-2005 by kilcoo316]

Mod Edit: Fixed Quote Tags.

[edit on 10/10/2005 by Mirthful Me]

Ben Rich revealed in his 1994 memoir Skunk Works describing his experience as the head of the Lockheed Skunk Works from 1975 to 1990 that Aurora was the codename for B-2 procurement funding in FY 1986 and FY 1987. A February 1985 Los Angeles Timesreport said that the aircraft program codenamed Aurora in the document may have been either the B-2 Spirit or the F-117 Nighthawk, and the memoir by Ben Rich confirmed initial suspicions about Aurora being a codename for funding B-2 procurement.

top topics

join