It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate To Probe Saudi Distribution Of Hate Materials

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The US Senate plans to look into the fact that Saudi Arabia has been distributing anti-American propaganda to mosques in the United States, pushing for acts of violence and promoting hatred of Jews and Christians.

www.nysun.com
The American government is demanding that Saudi Arabia account for its distribution of hate material to American mosques, as the State Department pressed Saudi officials for answers last week and as the Senate later this month plans to investigate the propagation of radical Wahhabism on American shores.

The flurry of activity comes months after a report from the Center for Religious Freedom discovered that dozens of mosques in major cities across the country, including New York, Washington, and Los Angeles, were distributing documents, bearing the seal of the government of Saudi Arabia, that incite Muslims to acts of violence and promote hatred of Jews and Christians.

A Washington-based group that is part of the human rights organization Freedom House, the Center for Religious Freedom also found during its yearlong study that the Saudi-produced materials describe democracy and America as un-Islamic. They instruct recent Muslim immigrants to consider Americans as enemies and the materials urge new arrivals to use their time here as preparation for jihad. The documents also promote the version of Islam officially embraced by Saudi government and several of the September 11, 2001, hijackers, Wahhabism, as the only authentic Islam.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I'd like to see what Bush plans to do with this one. It seems that Saudi Arabia is now between a rock and a hard place, and Bush will no longer have the power to protect them.

But, like the 28 pages that went missing from the 9/11 report, I'm sure this will be swept under the carpet as well.

[edit on 10/15/05 by FredT]

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I don't know why but i think that a huge war in middle east is near... who will win? who will be allies of which countries?

Only time will tell

But i hope that i'm wrong on this one, if not

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Whoever Israel sides with will win. Sorry, but for such a tiny dirtball of a country the military is not something to mess with. What I want to know is which God did they make mad to be "given" that land? Has anyone seen it? The only place in the ME with no oil and three religons fight for it because God "gave" it to them. It would be like God "giving" you the poorest slum in Mexico and everyone fought for it.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
We all know SA is controlled by Corrupt Kings and it is in turn held hostage by extremist islam...

they need to switch sides and declare Shia or Sunni as the states religion, then enlist the help of whichever side they sponsor...
they no longer have to support or promote Wahhabism (the enemy)

We as a country can't quite kick them out of bed yet... even with this info...
Bush will be holding hands with the King for many more years (until the US can figure out some alternatives for fuel) so expect the SA king and Bush to be like school yard lovers or awhile now...

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I disagree lazarus. I don't think the royals are controlled by anyone. On the contrary, I think they fuel the wahabbism as a means of keeping the nations around them poor and dependent upon the mosques which, in turn, are dependent upon the royals for funding. They look like model citizens in comparison to their neighbors.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Does this mean we will be taking out the primary incubator for Al-Queda? Nope! Sorry to disappoint but no matter how audatious some members of the Saudi royal family get the USA will never dare to interupt their supply of Crude.(or as I like to call it Crud) They don't want the same thing to happen to Saudi that is happening in Iraq and Afganistan now. How much Oil are we getting out of those two countries now? Just curious.

top topics

join