It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Earthquake Rocks El Salvador - Guatemala

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
A strong earthquake rocked El Salvador and Guatemala on Friday. No damages or injuries have been confirmed at this time. The quake had a magnitude of 5.5 and Salvadoran officials are warning people to evacuate areas made vulnerable by five days of heavy rains.

news.yahoo.com
A strong undersea earthquake rocked El Salvador and Guatemala on Friday. It was not immediately known if there were damages or injuries.

The quake had a preliminary magnitude of 5.5. A magnitude 5 earthquake can cause considerable damage.
Salvadoran government officials warned people to evacuate areas made vulnerable by five days of heavy rains blamed for 67 deaths.

The quake also was felt in neighboring Guatemala, where 150 people have died from flooding and landslides caused by heavy rains.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This certainly has not been a good year for natural disasters further more considering the heavy rains they have had recently and knowing that a 5.5 quake can cause considerable damage all we can do is hope loss of life and injury is minimal.

This is breaking news so I expect to see more updates shortly.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Man, it's one thing after another for El Salvador.

NEWS: El Salvador Volcano Erupts

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Man, it's one thing after another for El Salvador.

NEWS: El Salvador Volcano Erupts

Interesting to see that and thanks for posting the link. I wonder if the two are possibly related in some form?

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
El Salvador has almost 7 million people living in a country the size of New Jersey (or 2/3 of Vancouver island.)

It seems they are constantly dealing with Strife. Back in 2001 they had earthquakes that damaged about 20% of the nation's housing. 1998 they had a Hurricane that left 200 dead and over 30,000 homeless.
Before that they had a 12 year civil war that had killed 75,000.

My wife and her family came to Canada about 20 years ago fleeing the civil war. Salvadorians have seen a lot of pain and misery. The stories my father in law tells me are just awful.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I have a sneaking suspicion there is gonna be a big one in venezuela soon.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
One can only assume since there have been no updates on the story it would indicate there have been no deaths or injuries which to me is a good sign.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
The after-effects of hurricane Stan continue and it's still raining there

Water vapor satellite of Central America:
www.ssd.noaa.gov...

Hurricane Stan leaves 300,000 needing help in Mexico
www.mercurynews.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senser
I have a sneaking suspicion there is gonna be a big one in venezuela soon.

If I was just a little bit more cynical than I am now, I'd be tempted to agree.

new topics

top topics

join