It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: First Three Cases of Bird Flu Found in Europe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
The Romanian Minister of Agriculture is reporting that officials have discovered three cases of bird flu in the Danube Delta region of Romania. This is the first time Bird Flu has been reported in Europe and he would not comment if this strain is the same as H5N1 which is considered deadly to humans.

uk.news.yahoo.com
Romania has reported three cases of bird flu, the first time the disease has been reported in Europe. Agriculture Minister Gheorghe said the cases had been found in a village in the Danube delta in the east of the country. He would not comment whether the flu was the deadly H5N1 strain.

He said: "We will send the samples to Great Britain for a thorough analysis."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

One has to wonder now that this flu has reached Europe if perhaps this is the start of the feared pandemic for which there is no vaccine.

I do not know what European officials are doing; but President Bush met this morning with several drug companies hopping to ramp up the production of a possible preventive vaccine for US Citizens.

Sky news is now carrying a more detailed update

www.sky.com...

Guess it is time for the Europeans to break out their SARS mask.

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
(submission) (news) Bush Pushes Ramping Up Bird-Flu Vaccine Production

[edit on 10/7/2005 by shots]

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
If it's already human to human form, it will be here in the next days, weeks... so be prepared and watch the news! If not prepared the bird flu could kill millions even in US ;(

I hope that every government will be ready when this will hit in the next weeks/months

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The human-human form seems to be limited to southeast asia, and parts of china.

The globally migrating flocks that were infected and left china, crossed the steppes, flew over the urals, and are now, apparently, in europe. Their ultimate destination is the US. The occurance of the non-human-humn form in europe means that its practically guarenteed that the flocks are infected, (and thus infected these people), and that the disease, in the non-human-human form, will be in the US, as the birds land.

In addition to that, the human-human strand can hit anywhere and everywhere if it hasn't been contained. But regardless, this means that there will almost certianly be Avian Flu in the US this year.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Bugger.....

Sorry for the lack of anything decent to say, but I think that sums up my feelings quite nicely...

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
In addition to that, the human-human strand can hit anywhere and everywhere if it hasn't been contained. But regardless, this means that there will almost certianly be Avian Flu in the US this year.

Just curious but how sure can you be that their ultimate destination is the US?

We are approaching winter, so it would make no sense that they would migrate here at this time of year.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
It will be here in the usa soon...I've already researched where to order disposable face masks for me and my family, but we can't afford more than that. Common sense and luck I hope will keep us safe....

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Just curious but how sure can you be that their ultimate destination is the US?

We are approaching winter, so it would make no sense that they would migrate here at this time of year.

My thoughts exactly shots, I was thinking about this yesterday and how/if the southern hemisphere will be affected given we are heading into our warmer season. If anyone has some information on the birds that migrate here to Australia, if we are at risk also etc ... I'd appreciate it as I admit I don't know alot on the subject of migrating birds but will do a lil research.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
If the H5N1 Avian Flu strain has gone "human to human" then no migratory birds need enter the U.S. for the virus to spread. Humans will spread it much faster than birds could.

top topics

join