It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could there be a modern day noahs ark?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
There is a lot going on in the world the could be reason for a modern day noah's ark type event.
Man has become a greedy self indolgent bunch that may insight 'god' to once again bring his wraith apone the world of man once again, just look at us we start wars of wealth over things over any thing at any time over things that we want and may be seen as sins, even though we are told You shall not murder, You shall not murder which we have become rather good at.
Am i talking of something that may happen or am i just some drunk who has had a moment of clarity?
it could a virus it could be a WMD, as far as i see it we are up a creek witout the paddle.

[edit on 7-10-2005 by hades000]

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
sure there could be a type of event like that, but the chances of it happened are rather nil. Even if all the ice caps melted it would not complelty flood the earth, nor cause rain to fall for fourty days and fourty nights. Only way it might be possible if several ice comets came into earths orbit andbroke down to water vapor.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
This is under discussion in this thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Mod Edit: Fixed Link.

[edit on 9/10/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by scienceguy94
This is under discussion in this thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Did I just say "evolve?"

I did... There's enough gloom and doom for both threads to flourish.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
A bow streached across the sky is the symbol that we will never be flooded almost out of existance again. But God never mentioned pummeling us with meteors, earthquakes, and super volcanoes... hmmm.

Every 63 million years (give or take 2 million) there is a large earth wide series of extinctions. We are 2 million years overdue, 65 mill. years since the last one. It is extremely likely that the 2 flaming moutains being thrown towards Earth in the book of Revelations are 2 huge meteors or comets. And just as likely that a different but equally crappy event is going to happen within the next several thousand decades. Give or take.

However if the Bible is any indicator, men will be spared, but only by believing in God. There doesnt seem to be any indication that God will tell one family to build a deep bunker and await global devistation. Rather after a series of large wars and natural disasters, whomever is left alive who wasnt already swept up to Heaven will live in the new better world.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
i can't take credit for this idea at all. I can bet that the orignal thread poster did not read my article. I think that God is placing these things in peoples minds at this particular moment in time for some reason.

new topics

top topics

join