It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Terror Won??????

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Lets suppose we had nothing to do with 9/11. At the very least this government KNEW it was going to happen and they let it happen. At a time when Mr Bush wasnt accepted by the majority of the people in the United States as "legitimate", along comes the 9/11 attack.
Wow, i cried myself...this was horrific. The perpetrator? One Osama BinLaden. Did we go after him? NO. We conveniently let him slip thru our fingers so as to set up the "backdrop" for the war on terror.

The rest is history. I cannot picture Bush or his administration living a peaceful coexistence in a peaceful world. Its all about wars, lies and deceit.

What luck the towers were brought down...(not for those unfortunates in the buildings) but to suit Bush's purpose. What a stroke of luck. Isnt that when all the citizens started waving the flag (me included) and started supporting this president?
But its not all Bush's fault. Let me tell you, that jaw of his moves left to right and up and down as if he's on the verge of a nervous breakdown...I dont think he's acting alone, for those of you who think i'm a Bush basher...no...he has help, and plenty of it...Could it be that crotchety old vice president getting to him?N perhaps...could it be all the problems with mother nature lately? could be..Could it be that his top men have been indicted? maybe...

Could it be the aliens putting pressure on him to destroy the world? Is it planet X and this chaos is all so we dont pay attention to it sliding down the heavens?

Call me crazy but somethings arent right.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Lets suppose we had nothing to do with 9/11. At the very least this government KNEW it was going to happen and they let it happen. At a time when Mr Bush wasnt accepted by the majority of the people in the United States as "legitimate", along comes the 9/11 attack.
Wow, i cried myself...this was horrific. The perpetrator? One Osama BinLaden. Did we go after him? NO. We conveniently let him slip thru our fingers so as to set up the "backdrop" for the war on terror.

The rest is history. I cannot picture Bush or his administration living a peaceful coexistence in a peaceful world. Its all about wars, lies and deceit.

What luck the towers were brought down...(not for those unfortunates in the buildings) but to suit Bush's purpose. What a stroke of luck. Isnt that when all the citizens started waving the flag (me included) and started supporting this president?
But its not all Bush's fault. Let me tell you, that jaw of his moves left to right and up and down as if he's on the verge of a nervous breakdown...I dont think he's acting alone, for those of you who think i'm a Bush basher...no...he has help, and plenty of it...Could it be that crotchety old vice president getting to him?N perhaps...could it be all the problems with mother nature lately? could be..Could it be that his top men have been indicted? maybe...

Could it be the aliens putting pressure on him to destroy the world? Is it planet X and this chaos is all so we dont pay attention to it sliding down the heavens?

Call me crazy but somethings arent right.

lol...ok, you've definitely had one too many dude. have one for me while your at it...wife cut me off hours ago

anyway....i have no doubt certain agencies in the government had some info about 911. they were just too darn disorganized to get anything done.

as for the election, there were (alleged) frauds on both sides...why do you think the story got dropped? because both republicans and democrats were going to get blasted.

we did go after OBL....but i'll admit we screwed it up royally (and that blame does rest squarely on the presidents shoulders). we had him cornered in bora bora, and let the afgans and pakistanis take control. should've been a US operation all the way.

the rest is you just screaming from your soap box, so i'll not respond to that....

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I'm a dudette...

I know the real scoop, dude. Just stick with me...

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
lmao....gotcha

and by the way....love your signature...turn those darn lights off! im tired of filing ufo reports! lol

[edit on 7-10-2005 by snafu7700]

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   
There isn't any fear here if that was the intention of a terrorist attack.

But Holy Moses has it turned our culture inside out as far as being surveilled or living under the ASSUMPTION that we are.

I'm a bit paranoid anyway, but 7 years ago I'd never have believed where we are at now with "security" and police state tactics and abridged civil rights.

The "terrorists" haven't won, but we sure have been spun.

I keep thinking that about 3,000 people were murdered over four years ago. In that time, 260 million people have become more and more watched and it only continues.

The ratio doesn't make sense to me. If you take the number of people how died "fighting for freedom" over the years in WWI and WWII and etc., I just don't think it should be undone by 3.000 deaths no matter how horrible.

Tighten up the national neighborhood watch a bit by educating the citizenry as other countries have done. Get people to do their jobs regarding security and so forth that was already in place, investigate the hell out of our "government" and "security" which should have dealt with the planes before they hit anything or even before they got into the air.

Get fingerprinting the hell out of libraries, iris scanning out of everywhere, rfid out of the country, a wall to the north and south, and get on with our lives without cameras everywhere. Stop frisking the brady bunch and get real about it. All this nonsense will all only serve to suffocate the human spirit.

I hope to god I don't have to explain to my future children what it was like in 1999 (not that it was perfect or anything) like it was an ancient civilization regarding freedom and privacy.

[edit on 7-10-2005 by 2nd Hand Thoughts]

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Has Terror won?
I very much doubt so, ever since the 9/11 event people turned on a new race/religion to hate, to disgust.
You have people talking about turning the whole middle-east into a sheet of glass because they lost someone through the "War on terror" or seen the atrocities that the western media keeps feeding them.

You have people calling anyone that resembles an Middle-eastern a raghead, people starting to hate the religion Islam more and more because they see it as the supporter of terrorism, even though they dont realise its a complicated religion.
If you read the words in the Quran you would think its a religion that creates hate but it doesnt.

War on terror has caused the deaths of tens of millions of innoncents worldwide (sons, daughters, mothers, fathers etc), has crushed people's lively hoods and their countries.

War on terror has destroyed so many historic infrastructure in several countries, valuable history books/items and buildings that made people be proud of their race.

Was this all worth it? I dont like to believe so, I believe it could have been handled better.

Terrorism is winning aslong as we keep commiting these acts while trying to defeat them.
But ofcourse, you cant kill what you can't see so Terrorism can NEVER be defeated but it can be weakened.
Cut their recruitement supply, not by bombing and killing but by understanding why they are doing it and NOT giving them the chance to join Terrorism and you eventually will weaken Terrorism to a point that you can effectively stop any terrorist attacks in future.

But ofcourse this will never happen, mankind has been at a point where money matters more than Human life..
Its disgusting.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Now we look at today's news and discover

Tip on N.Y. subway threat a hoax
us.cnn.com...

"Terrorists" half way around the world have succeded in making us change the way we live our lives .... with just words!!!!!

This is what I'm talking about here folks

Bloomberg was quoted as saying

On Monday, Bloomberg said he stood by the decision to increase security.

"Over the immediate future, we'll slowly be winding down the enhanced security, but we, remember, stay at level orange in this city," the mayor said, referring to the color-coded advisory system denoting a "high" risk.

"We have since 9/11, and we're going to take every single threat that has any chance of being credible seriously and do exactly what we did," Bloomberg said

So now a guy in IRAQ that is unhappy he was "picked up " by coalition troops can influence the way amercians go about their daily life just because he's pissed off??

food for thought..... Maybe Terror's goal has been reached

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Reached? The point of terrorism is to terrorize people into doing what you want, not merely to scare the bejezus outta them. Yes, al-qaida is very good at
  1. Scaring the snot out of people
  2. Getting people to take sensible security precautions

Thats not the goal of terrorism, al-qaidas goals are to get the west out of the middle east and establish islamic republics throughout the middle east.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
anyone else noticing the terror tiplines being run over top of major highways...

i consistently use major highways such as I-95 in the philly area...starting to see them run terror tip numbers accross the digital boards over the highway.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700
second, if we left right now, the entire country of iraq would slide into uncontrollable civil war. as it is, shia and sunni gangs are attacking each other every day and committing horrible atrocities against not only each other, but innocent women and children. without us there to at least try and stop the carnage, it would get ten times worse. kind of reminds me of northern ireland....brits try to step in and stop the mess, and they get the overall blame from both sides (and i know im gonna take hits on that comment, because im just a dumb yank that doesnt know anything about the conflict except what i read in the western press...forget the fact that im third generation irish).

I agree with you mate that if we pulled out now it would be far worse so we're both in a difficult postion now. I'm British but dont worry I'm not going to say anything about you being a 'dumb yank', we can hardly talk! Just take a look around our shopping presincts at our very own dumb Brits and they are ever bit as dumb if not dumber than any yank (no offence intended)

Anyway what I was going to say is that I was anti the war and still am, but I can recognise that pulling out would not help iraq or the rest of the region anymore than it would help us. If the US had done things differently and say helped the iraqi opposition overthrow the saddam regime and then the same may have happened anyway. Then if the US didn't intervene everyone would be saying why is america not helping? We can't win either way and it will take a long long time to defeat the terrorism but it will be done in the end.

The problem as I see it is that in the US you are so divided with the right wing media blaming all the problems on the 'liberals' and the left wing media blaming the repblicans. Until you can sit down and work togetehr on it you will NEVER DEFEAT TERRORISM.

As far as whether the terrorists have won, to an extent yes particularly post 9/11. Giving in to the fear of a terrorist attack is a victory for the terrorist, changing one single aspect of your life no matter how small is a victory for the terrorists and giving up one single liberty is undoubtably a victory for the terrorist. So yes the terrorists have won to an extent but in the end they will lose. The goal to beating terrorist is not fighting it with more terror as the US is doing, it is to elimate poverty and give these people somehting to live for.

peace

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by arnold_vosloo
[...]
The goal to beating terrorist is not fighting it with more terror as the US is doing, it is to elimate poverty and give these people somehting to live for.

peace

I'm with you except this last part. "Eliminate poverty". That's next to impossible and somewhere on the list after London and Washington, DC.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join