It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Penn Station Closed Briefly Due To Terror Threat

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Penn Station in New York City was briefly closed due to a terrorist threat. The FBI donned hazardous material suits and scoured the station for explosives. The FBI claim of a "credible threat" runs contrary to the Department of Homeland Security's assessment of it being of "doubtful credibilty". The Whitehouse shares the Department of Homeland Security's view with Whitehouse spokesman Scott McClellan' also describing the threat to New York as being of "doubtful credibilty".

news.yahoo.com
NEW YORK - Authorities briefly closed part of Penn Station on Friday and commuters headed to work under the watchful eyes of police after a newly disclosed terror threat against the New York subway system.

A discarded soda bottle filled with an unidentified green liquid was found at the station during morning rush hour, Amtrak officials said. The substance did not pose a threat to passengers and was removed for testing.

A majority of the station was reopened by about 10:45 a.m., more than an hour after it was closed.

Officials in New York revealed the threat Thursday, saying an
FBI source warned that terrorists had plotted to bomb the subway in coming days. But
Homeland Security officials in Washington downplayed the threat, saying it's of "doubtful credibility."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

These guys cant even drum up terror from the same hymn sheet. What is it then? Is it credible as the FBI and the NY Governor say? Or is it not credible as the Homeland Security pukes and the Whitehouse say?

Maybe inconsistancy in response and description is the new tactic to make us even more fearful?

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Hazardous material suits should be standard issue for anyone traveling through Penn Station on a 'normal' day. I commuted through it for nearly a quarter century.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Oddly enough this new terror "threat" came the same day the President wanted to highlight how effective the government has been in thawarting terror threats.

I think at this point even the most strident partisan must be questioning the timing and motives for all of this.

If the actual number of terror attempts are as stated, I have to believe by law of averages at least one would slip through. And this assumes an amazingly capable government net to actively disrupt the threats. I doubt the latter very much as well having seen the government in action many times before (Katrina being only the most recent example).

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
No news here it was all caused by a can of Soda or as some call it POP. GC is back up and running as usual

some sicko wanted to play a prank

[edit on 10/7/2005 by shots]

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
IMHO this is just another ploy to keep us dazed and confused.
Maybe we won't notice anything else that is going on, Rove subpaena etc.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I recall them inspecting a red suitcase shots, not just a soft drink bottle. They also arrested a couple of AQ operatives based in Iraq on the strength of this "credible threat".

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
It is interesting that New York released the info shortly after they were told...
BTW:what they were told was NOT to release the info...
they said

and now we have a clue...
and surprise... not one panic riot in all new york...

we Sheeples are really not all that irresponsible with info...
yeah, we run our theories... but naming fear is one way of defeating it...

let us HAVE THE INFO...

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz
I recall them inspecting a red suitcase shots, not just a soft drink bottle. They also arrested a couple of AQ operatives based in Iraq on the strength of this "credible threat".

They are inspecting everything and trust me in this case it was nothing more then a can of soda filled with some odd substance. The news conference just conclued it was just a prank nothing more.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   

The law enforcement official in New York said that city officials had known about the threat at least since Monday, but held the information until two or three al-Qaida operatives were arrested in
Iraq within the past 24 hours. Once the arrests were made, officials felt they could go public, the official said.

news.yahoo.com...

An international prank then?

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
This threat is credible as in congress is looking to pass legislation limiting & defining interrogation techniques used on detainees. Interesting this surfaces after the bill passes one house 90-9. Bush threatens veto but with that kindof support they'd be able to override it.

See a connection?

7-7... terror attack on eve of an anti terror vote in the UK.

Coincidence maybe. I suspect not.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz
An international prank then?

I was talking about this one instance over the can found this morning, not the over all threat. New York is taking this serious while Washington is playing it down somewhat, there does seem to be a differance in opinion as to just how creditable the threat is.

And I am not saying this should be taken lightly either, it is always better to be safe then sorry, all I am saying is the closing of GC this AM turned out to be a prank and you can take that to the bank of England.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   

A discarded soda bottle filled with an unidentified green liquid was found at the station during morning rush hour

Can anyone in thier RIGHT mind guess what the hell this green substance is???

let me give you a hint..

Or posible that it is....

But dont get me wrong, it could be antrax or avion flu or something.. something like a slim chance in hell anyway... People who decided to shut this place down cause of some Mt Dew needs to be fired..

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
when we see the measures that are being taken and the fear that is generated by a "credible threat" one needs to wonder if Terror has won.

After all the the main goal of terrorism is to create fear and make us change our ways of going about daily life .... right?

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Actually terrorism threats just make our country stronger in many ways...

everyone still does what they did... it doesn't stop people from living...

they buy more grocerys and supplies

they hire hundreds or thousands of extra security guards... in a economy of Unemployment skyrocketing, that is good news...

more people pay attention to what others are doing... which cuts down on crime...

in short... unless you are dealing drugs on the subways (stick to the parks)... then New York just became a much nicer/safer place...

ahhh, Geee...thanks AQ... it was nice of you to help us out...
we will add you to the christmas card list...

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLongmore people pay attention to what others are doing... which cuts down on crime...

in short... unless you are dealing drugs on the subways (stick to the parks)... then New York just became a much nicer/safer place...

ahhh, Geee...thanks AQ... it was nice of you to help us out...
we will add you to the christmas card list...

crime is at a 30 (maybe 40??) year low. Is it because people are more alert to their surroundings? I don't think so. I think it might be attributed to a stepped up police force in other areas that has resulted in lesser crimes being prevented - drugs sales in the park, muggings etc.. I do think the number of more heinous crimes has increased or, rather, the type of crimes we read about get nastier. The more recent stories that come to mind - murder and the subsequent abandonment of a 4 year old girl by the boyfriend. Today's capper - two decomposing bodies found in a vacant apartment (one under the laundry, the other in the fridge). Landlord found the bodies after neighbors complained of a smell and an excess of flies

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
tom flocco is reporting that french intelligence working with the cia foiled a terrorist bombing attempt on the subway.
four mossad killed, and five mossad arrested.
reminds of a little false flag op in iraq. maybe we can get the british to drive to new york with a tank and rescue those agents.

'through deciet, though shalt make war"

here's a link...link

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
flocco refers to richard bloomberg and talks about how the arrests made in the subway as tho it was a large scale operation. he talks about how it took place right around the time of the press conference. so, midday, NYC on a Friday there was a major asault in the subways and not one person witnessed it?

yeah, he's got something there.

I'm thinking flocco should keep the cork on the fork.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
tom flocco is reporting that french intelligence working with the cia foiled a terrorist bombing attempt on the subway.

How on earth some people can believe trash like that is beyond me:shk:

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
the best part of that story is the secret french american alliance squad that handled the assault in the subways.

his website is a great read. he should go directly to hollywood and get work writing for sitcoms. his talents are being wasted.

[edit on 8-10-2005 by Crakeur]

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
i didn't say i believed it. i am merely pointing to information. let the reader and history decide.

<<   2 >>

join