It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prosthetic Testicles for your Pooch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
How Far will an owner go to boost the confident of his Pooch? Will you?

Other odd scientific achievements:

Gregg Miller mortgaged his home and maxed out his credit cards to mass produce his invention -- prosthetic testicles for neutered dogs.

Miller's efforts earned him a dubious yet strangely coveted honor: the Ig Nobel Prize for medicine at Harvard University by Annals of Improbable Research magazine,

I guess when it comes to inventions even man best friend benefits from "Prosthetic enhancements"

[edit on 6-10-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
My brother's cat has 'neuticals'

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Ig Nobel is right. A show dog is disqualified if it doesn't have two fully desended testicles but that isn't about to stop 'showies' chasing awards they aren't entitled to.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I find the whole thing so funny that males in pursue of their maleness will even take in consideration the feelings of their canine pets about losing their most precious male parts at lest in human terms.

Actually a dog or any other animal will care less when it comes to a human male losing such precious body part well. . .I imagine the mental anguish.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I find the whole thing so funny that males in pursue of their maleness will even take in consideration the feelings of their canine pets

Photographic evidence, marg...

Sanc'.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I am speechless, It most be quite a feeling to have something back in the area that was sniped off.

Actually the male version of the "Device" is made by the inventors of women breast replacements.

It if can improve males "Quality of life" I guess it will work wonders for their pooch too, Right?

More news from Mentor -- the people who brought back silicone breast implants. Now, they're proving they're an equal-opportunity company by working to popularize the artificial testicle, with new evidence that it improves mens' quality of life:

www.medgadget.com/archives/2005/08/underutilized_p.html

I guess they mean quality of looks.

[edit on 7-10-2005 by marg6043]

new topics

top topics

join