It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family told not to touch the deceased at all

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
This is weird at least to me it is. Maybe you guys can shed some light on it. My uncle went to the hospital, he was very sick but recovered and was expected to go home , and then he died.

At the funeral home the family was told not to touch the body at all. The family thinks he must have caught something at the hospital and thats why he died and they were later instructed by the funeral home staff not to touch him.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
If they suspect an unknown or unusual infection, it's not unusual for them to request that the body remain untouched

It's to protect the family too.

Then again, one would assume that if the body was released to the funeral home, cause of death would've been established?

Did anyone ask the funeral home why?

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Yes I think they did ask but the funeral directors said they did not know. Surely they must know; I would think that the hospital would have to notify them of such a situation since they would be cleaning and embalming the body.

I did not attend as it was far away and I barely knew this uncle. I think that the hospital must be afraid of being sued since it sounds like an infection picked up at the hospital. I don't think the family is going to pursue anymore into it though. They should at least have to tell them more about what killed him and what to expect in terms of symptoms, since surely they touched him while he was alive.

new topics

join