It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Masses will believe a Lie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I have been thinking alot lately, that we live in a evermore changing world. The media has grown from exposing the truth, to now telling lies. The masses have become addicted to Television, and therefore do no research on their own, whatever vomit spits out, they readily believe it. The Tv proved to be ever so powerful medium when, this administration lied to America and the world that Iraq has WMD, and has links with terrorists. We now know better. But thanks to the Power of another medium, we were able to deliver a powerful punch and crack the glass ceiling and expose the lies they have been telling the guillable.

To cut the long story short, have you noticed day by day the masses of people(except for the levelheads on Ats and otherlikewise ppl), are becoming numb and more numb, and have already accept the Lies, they have been told over and over.. And they are comfortable with the status quo..

What do u think?

P.s I know I am not comfortable with the status quo, and I am ready to start a REVOLUTION! a Non Violent Revolution, teaching and reprogramming of ppl's Minds . I believeEach one teach one...

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by crusader

...To cut the long story short, have you noticed day by day the masses of people(except for the levelheads on Ats and otherlikewise ppl), are becoming numb and more numb, and have already accept the Lies, they have been told over and over.. And they are comfortable with the status quo...

That must be why all the cable channels (Discovery, History, Nat Geographic, et al) are now filled with tripe shows on UFO's and such. They broadcast shows that will bring more viewers, thus enhancing advertising revenue. And the sillier the conspiracy theory, the more the dumbed-down masses watch.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by crusader
The masses have become addicted to Television, and therefore do no research on their own, whatever vomit spits out, they readily believe it.

Just television? Look at the some of these Internet websites. People will believe anything the person writes just because it's an alternative news site or something. propagandamatrix.com.. man, that guy knows what he is doing to get his books and videos sold. Spit out a bunch of nonsense with no proof to paranoid people and wait for the money to start flowing in.

That is only one example. He doesn't need reporters, schooling, etc. How creditable is that?

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
- Mark Twain

He said that around 100 years ago, but it is more true today than ever. We are in the information age, although we maybe can call it the disinformation age.
This is why sites like ATS are so important for us to debate and hammer out the truth. Unfortunately many people out there still think we are kooks or loons (google, and you will see outside opinions.) Many in the world are close minded and prefer to stay that way. I don't think we can do much for them.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Proganda matrix? hmmm. what a twist of words. But what disturbs me, alot more as well is the failure of ppl, to protest anything at all, the food prices go up, they say oh well, refering to the market analysts on CNBC and othe r financial networks `` there 's a surging demand for the commodity`` there's nothing we can do about it..

Have you notice, the lies now being spread about the coming bird flu panademic? They have hyped up the poulation to a point, preparing them for eventual death.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Not that I'm christian or anything but this is truth...

In 2 Thessalonians 2:10, Paul reveals the root cause of why this terrorized turbulent world will soon experience the wrath and judgment of God. He simply states....."they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved."

NONE CALLETH FOR JUSTICE, NOR ANY PLEADETH FOR TRUTH: THEY TRUST IN VANITY, AND SPEAK LIES; THEY CONCEIVE MISCHIEF, AND BRING FORTH INIQUITY-Isa 59:4

THEY BEND THEIR TONGUES LIKE THEIR BOW FOR LIES: BUT THEY ARE NOT VALIANT FOR THE TRUTH UPON THE EARTH-Jere 9:3; AND WILL NOT SPEAK THE TRUTH-Jere 9:5.

LYING LIPS ARE ABOMINATION TO THE LORD-Pv 12:22; and A RIGHTEOUS MAN HATETH LYING-Pv 13:5.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
- Mark Twain

He said that around 100 years ago, but it is more true today than ever. We are in the information age, although we maybe can call it the disinformation age.
This is why sites like ATS are so important for us to debate and hammer out the truth. Unfortunately many people out there still think we are kooks or loons (google, and you will see outside opinions.) Many in the world are close minded and prefer to stay that way. I don't think we can do much for them.

And just yestrday, I had an argument with my friend on what is truth . She has avery close mind I must say, and generally most ppl think we are lunatics, u know.. Maybe it's because of the few among us like Alex Jones who probably are nuts, that fail to get us any respect. Most people do not read and research, they jus live life for the moment, and whatever happens to them they have no objections.

But it's time to change that before another DARK AGES descend upon us.

Let each one Teach one- Peace Out

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
While even on ATS, a site devoted to "deny Ignorance" there are those confronted with evidence, even proof, that are so in love with their ideology they will support evil. They will believe any lie told to them because they placed their trust in a particular ideology and they don't want to admit that they have been "chumps."

I can't fault the TV addicts. All they are seeking is a little relief from the daily grind. They are to tired to question anything. I do fault the networks for their worship of the status quo and spinning the news to fit the current paradime. [damn, I hate that word]

Twains quote was apropos but I would like to submit another

Sin has manny tools, but a lie is the handle that fits them all. O. W. Holmes

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Like I keep saying, the problem is apathy. As long as the sheeple aren't affected directly, and as long as they go about their workaday lives, they really don't care.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Hmm, yep it has been going on for years and centuries even before the advent of the might thing we call the mass media. How do you think mass empires such as Rome, and Greek empires was built? wasn't it built on the premise of fear of the state, and the rulers, and a massive covert propganda?

I think maximum leaders exist because , the majority of the masses do not think, according to the words of one of the greatest tryants of all time, adolf hitler.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I love the Internet for finding truth. At least it's there to find if you want to go dig for it -- at least at this time in the infancy of the Internet it's that way, but it's starting to close up and more and more we see only PC stuff gets on the search engines. When you do a google search often you have to go several pages before you find what you're looking for. The people with the wrong answers unfortunately have most of the money and ability to propagate their lies.

Scripture is always the best plumbline to measure the truth. And Scripture says that God considers an abomination what man highly esteems.

So if something's got prestige, lots of money, lots of "credibiliy" -- I probably won't listen, or have already checked out what they have to say and discarded it.

The Illuminati are in full control, as we know, of the media, science, education, the military, finance, and even the church. So a lover of the truth must go looking outside the "establishment" to find it.

I call it Dropping Out of the Lemming Parade.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Currently there's debate going on right now on the 2nd coming on Ats, what are we to believe? He s coming soon, or are there elements within the higher christan circles trying to influence his soon coming? What are the masses to believe?

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Here's my elitism showing.

The Key to controlling the masses, is to tell them any lie that makes them feel, stronger, prettier, more special, in general better than they feel in ordinary life. The masses prefer lies, if the truth is unpleasant.

Why do you think that American culture worships food, pills, TV, sports, alcohol, speed, pop stars, stupid fashion and consumerism? Spoon feed the masses almost any kind of excapist drivill and they will suck it up, without any questioning what so ever.

Any sociology major learns this in his second semester.
To think that the politicians, Madison Ave and religious leaders aren't cognizant of this, is folly. In fact many "think tanks" are devoted to the exploration of how best to manulipate "the masses."

Welcome to the monkey house, it's a brave new world.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Then what should be done to stop this escalating trend of the masses acting like sheep?

I think society of yestrday were more educated even though they did not seem to be in an advance state of civilization as we do in these times.

Longtime the masses revolted ala the French Revolution, and removed the opressive monarchy(But that is another story, I have planned for a next thread)

What is so diffrent from the time French Revolution & now? I know we have alot of distractions, but what is it?

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by resistance

Scripture is always the best plumbline to measure the truth. And Scripture says that God considers an abomination what man highly esteems.

So if something's got prestige, lots of money, lots of "credibiliy" -- I probably won't listen, or have already checked out what they have to say and discarded it.

Amen to that! That's the standard by which you should evaluate anything.

new topics

top topics

join