It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma university suicide is confirmed terrorist event- Islamic connection- Channel 9 is source

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 07:07 AM
link   
THanks Valhall, I really wanted your opinion.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
As tragic as it seems to say... I would love to think this is a lone suicide...

but i still have questions regarding (please clear this up if you have new info):

the tickets to Algiers (two or one, for the next day? or sometime later?)

was he a visitor to the mosque or not?... I have a feeling that this info would be held if known, due to the nature of vigilantism, and a wild college town.

And what the heck is up with the FBI saying that there is NO RELATION to the attempt to buy ammonium Nitrate a few days before....
yeah... he was just wanting to plant his winter wheat shortly before his planned suicide...WHA????

yes, MR FBI spokesperson... please continue to think we are that stupid... just makes our job of investigation that much easier...

so we are still left with many questions... and please remember... regardless of our differetn approaches and assumptions... we are all wanting the TRUTH...
so let us rejoice in our similarities, rather than focus on our differences...

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I did find one interesting thing on the FBI webpage that could explain why the Justice Department sealed the filings for search warrant.

www.fbi.gov...

Question: Can the FBI look at your library records any time they want?

Answer: No, they cannot. Access to library records is strictly governed by law.

A person's library records may be subpoenaed by a federal grand jury for a specific case. Special Agents of the FBI are also able to obtain records with a criminal search warrant in the course of an investigation. Now, under Section 215 of the U.S.A. Patriot Act of 2001 (which does not single out library records, but applies to "books, records, papers, documents, and other items" from any source), the FBI may be granted authorization by the federal FISA court to access records in an investigation specific to international terrorism or foreign intelligence. In this last case, the FBI must certify to a judge that these records are sought "for an investigation to obtain foreign intelligence information not concerning a U.S. person or to protect against international terrorism or clandestine intelligence activities, provided that such investigation of a U.S. person is not conducted solely upon the basis of activities protected by the First Amendment to the Constitution." In any investigation, of course, including those in which Section 215 is invoked, it is important to maintain secrecy both to protect the integrity of the case and to protect the reputation of the individual being investigated, in the event no charges are brought.

So maybe they invoked this "maintain secrecy" thingy under Section 215 of the PATRIOT Act.

At some point (as is being called for now in submitted opinion pieces by the student body of OU) the FBI is going to have to stop treating us as morons and step up to the mic and start giving some answers. Because, just like what was stated in a recently submitted opinion piece to OU Daily, the longer the FBI doesn't give answers, the bigger the rumors get and the more dangerous the potentially unfounded thinking can become. In particular, what I am referring to here, is that if the evidence proves Hinrichs does not have ties to the mosque and his Pakistani roommate is in no way involved in this event, the FBI would be doing a grave injustice to the Muslim population in Norman by not clarifying those points. And the longer they don't say anything at all, the more it looks like they're not saying things because there is a connection.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
www.11alive.com...

Three explosive devices found in a courtyard between two Georgia Tech dormitories on the East Campus Monday morning were part of a "terrorist act," an Atlanta police official said.

One of the devices exploded, injuring the custodian who found them inside a plastic bag. Two others were detonated by a bomb squad.

"It is a terrorist act at this point and depending on the outcome of the investigation it potentially could become a federal violation as well," said Major C.W. Moss of the Atlanta Police Department.

It will be a joint investigation between the Atlanta Police Department, the Georgia Tech Police Department, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, the FBI and the Joint Terrorism Task Force. Every possible lead will be followed," said Major Moss.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
THOMAS CROWNE - please find us a good local media site for us to keep up with this one.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
More "plastic bottles" involved:

The worker who found the bottle was picking up trash. He was taken to a clinic for evaluation, but a Tech spokeswoman says he sustained no serious injuries.

Authorities notified the Department of Homeland Security, police are trying to determine what substance was in the bottles.

www.wistv.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
geeeeezzzz

the Georgia thing almost seems to be a 'I wonder if that would work" type of bombing... it seems that they were not as dangerous...

Damn that anarchists cookbook...
whatever happened to the days when the worse explosion in a year, was a kid with some m-80's blowing a schools toilets up?

ahhhh... those were the days....

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Val, I've found only the Atlanta Urinal and Constipation; no other newspaper. The Journal and Constitution mentioned nothing about it.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I may have missed it but there is one at UCLA.

www.dailybruin.ucla.edu.../7/2005

Roper

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Latest update from the FBI is posted on Daily Oklahoman. It takes a free subscription, so I'll be generous in my quotes:

newsok.com.../main

NORMAN - The FBI's top agent in Oklahoma told U.S. Rep. Tom Cole on Tuesday a University of Oklahoma student who died in a bombing had no jihadist material in his apartment and no known connection with terrorists.

The congressman said he asked the FBI special agent in charge, Salvador Hernandez, specifically whether the student had any ties to terrorists.

"He said, 'We're continuing our investigation, but as every day goes by it just seems less and less likely. ... This looked like an individual act,'" Cole told The Oklahoman.

Officials later removed more explosive materials from Hinrichs' apartment, which is near a mosque. The FBI questioned his Pakistani roommate.

Hinrichs, 21, was from Colorado Springs, Colo. He had a reputation as a loner and had struggled at times with his grades.

Cole said he also asked the agent specifically whether the FBI found the student intended to get inside the stadium.

"He said, 'We may never know. We have no evidence of a plan to do that, but we also couldn't tell you definitively he didn't try to do it and was rebuffed. We just simply don't know,'" Cole told The Oklahoman.

Cole said the agent also told him the FBI found nothing indicating Hinrichs attended the mosque.

Cole said he asked the agent specifically whether jihadist material was found in the apartment, which was widely reported on Internet sites. "He told me there was absolutely none -- nothing that would suggest links to terrorist groups."

Cole also said the agent told him, "The roommate thing seems to be purely coincidental. ... No connection there whatsoever."

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I have been unable to confirm any Muslim connections or tickets to Algiers by this individual, as least by any reputable news source. I will continue watching and searching. There are many more local( Oklahoma City Metro area) ATS members than I would have guessed.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Thanks for the update Val...

I hadn't heard... I do like that they are admitting that they DONT KNOW... instead of falsely reasurring us that they were sure of this or that...

When a top official says "We Dont Know" you can take that for truth...
it is when they sound too sure that there is NOTHING to worry about that I get worried...

I still want to know what they are making of the attempted fertilizer purchase...
are they thinking he was going to make a small personally sized explosive?
I still think it illistrates that he wanted to hurt others and wanted a bigger explosion... and the previous info that was released regarding the tickets to Algiers... it has dissappeared. No such mention from media... I did hear it from channel 9 once, but have not heard it since.

Is there a coverup? could be still... but at least we aren't hearing lies or propaganda...

the spate of these bombings does seem to be increasing though...
what is this, the third one in a month?
and the other two seem to have no origin... just random bombs being planted.... not suicides...

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Good points, Lazarus. The Algiers tickets most interesting. Their mention disappeared from the media, huh? Reminds me of the April 19, 1995 bombing here in Oklahoma City. Same thing with certain media reports being apparently censored. Definitely worth thinking about. I laughed when I saw someone above say that you might be a de-bunker. HAHA.

Glenn

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Buried deep within the Supreme court nominees and the Avian flu, this will slowly go away and become a conspiritual whisper.... This is to coincidental and can only hope that it is not more widespread.

I still don't buy the story on the airplane (another loner kid???) or bombings in 2 other cities. Happy Rammadan????

[edit on 13-10-2005 by esdad71]

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
What She Said

Originally posted by Valhall
As far as I'm concerned this matter is not resolved - as long as it is not resolved that means there is no conclusion that can be made in any direction. That's my whole argument against some of the statements made in a couple or three threads on this. All we can do is continue to list the evidence, incongruities, etc. And wait for the FBI to start talking. That's all the media can do as well.

This is essentially my position on this story, with the exception that I strongly insist that the media not only can do more, but should do more.

If the role of the media is to sit around waiting for the government to tell them what to report, then they are useless and unworthy of the title of journalists.

I continue to wait for the FBI/JTTF to make what announcements they see fit to make. That's their job, and I'll leave them to it.

At the same time, I continue to be suspicious and disappointed by the ostentatious lack of investigation and coverage of this story by the national press.

Some of my fellow members may think I'm blowing that point out of proportion, and seem to take exception to my claim of a spike in light of all the coverage being given to this story by the local news. If I lived in Oklahoma, I might feel the same way.

Yet the fact remains that outside Oklahoma, it is difficult to get any real news about this story -- even on the Internet, if you don't know where to look -- and as best I can tell, most Americans have no idea this incident occurred at all.

I don't know whether Joel Hinrichs was a "simple suicide" or a would-be mass-murderer who failed. That remains unknown to me.

But I know my view of the national media conglomerates is now better-informed than it was before, and I now better understand how they operate and can affect us as a nation by controlling what we see, and therefore what we know.

Ironically enough, that's not news at all.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
gee majic,

I thought you'd fell off the earth or something!

Glad to see you back. This things gone cold and the FBI has said nothing to see. I'm still wondering how they could seal the search warrant without claiming "national security". And if they claimed national security, well, then why did they do that if it was a just a lone exploding-boy?

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Well Valhall, I think the FBI is looking into how this guy got the stuff and how he learned to make a bomb.

Soon we won't be able to purchase peroxide (or what ever he used) without signing a paper of intent.

BTW Majic, you saw how Ch. 9 jumped the gun and it didn't pan out.

If this was really a terrorist act, it would have played into GWB's hand for Pat.Act 2.

It was just a suicide, dramatic but just a suicide.

Roper

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Just a suicice...just a suicide......no matter how many times I hear it, it still doesn't ring true. There are too many unanswered questions. To have made such a big deal over the New York scare and still barely a mention of this in the national media? Sealed warrants? I would like to see some answers from reputable sources...if there are any these days.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
The guy was mentally disturbed and suicidal! What questions? I believe they have been answered for the most part. Surely mentally disturbed and suicidal are the answers.

I find it extremely interesting the some are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Roper

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
The Fall Guy

gee majic,

I thought you'd fell off the earth or something!

Nothing quite so dramatic. I'm supposed to be taking my traditional Autumn Vacation, but that's proving to be a challenge.

Puzzling Evidence

Glad to see you back. This things gone cold and the FBI has said nothing to see. I'm still wondering how they could seal the search warrant without claiming "national security". And if they claimed national security, well, then why did they do that if it was a just a lone exploding-boy?

That's not the only anomaly I see in this case.

Despite the fact that I enjoy a good conspiracy, I'm hoping this will all be reasonably explained at some point. Even the spiking of this story may have a legitimate explanation, although I am having a hard time imagining how.

As it is, I see a cover-up, and it still bugs me -- less for what it means about this story than what it means about a bunch of other stories we know about, or don't.

I'll continue to be rather scarce for a while (probably a few weeks) and while I will probably never forget what this case has taught me and don't plan to let go of it, I have a lot of other things I need to do, and time is fleeting.

I encourage ATSers who find this topic interesting to keep an eye on it, but let's face it: this is out of our hands, has never been in our hands, and never will be.

This is another clue on a big fat pile of clues, and a sign of the times.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join