It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is god in hell?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Is God in Hell ????????????????

No,No,No, No one is in hell yet ...

The Gates of Hell will not be open till the time of the Great White Throng Judgement..

like I said in my last thread, When the seas give up there dead, and the dead in Hates Will also give up there Dead, and for the persons that Name does not show up in the book of life will all be sent to hell with Satan and at that time, The Gates of hell will be open long enough for then to get in and then It will be closed for ever, Never to be open again....

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePunisher
So to agree with your point as well, God would not 'need' opposites, but they would exist as well?.

The existance of opposites, it could be argued, is solely reliant on our mindframe. We create opposites, they are not.

Originally posted by jfdarby
The Gates of Hell will not be open till the time of the Great White Throng Judgement..

I'm curious as to where you get the name of this great judgement...

[edit on 7/10/2005 by AkashicWanderer]

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

Originally posted by dbrandt
God tells us that He forgets our sins when we accept Christ.
Where did you hear that?

What if when eternity begins and those who are in the Lake of Fire exist God forgets them for the rest of eternity.
God forgets 'sins', not 'sinners.'

Hebrews 8:12 and the second thing I wrote "if" in front of. That is a "what if" of mine.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Hebrews 8:11-12
And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

This does not say that he will be merciful only to those that accept Christ. In fact, it says he will be merciful to all.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   

The word consciousness leaves a bad taste in my spirit because it is used by the new agers.

So what kind of reasoning comes in to those who decide to pursue getting to know Him?

And how does that fit with the following?

No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.
--John 6:44-45 KJV

No, consciousness when talking about spiritual matters is not Biblical. It's one of those things that is associated with things that are of eastern religions.

The Holy Sprit is what convicts men and women of sin and draws them to Christ. We have free will, we can choose to ignore the Holy Spirit when He is going about the business of trying to get our attention off of ourselves, and onto Christ for salvation.

In the OT when it says that God hardened pharaoh's heart, heart it doesn't mean God purposely did something so he wouldn't listen to Him. The opposite is true God got pharaoh's attention through the plagues and pharaoh told Moses to take the people and leave, then pharaoh changed his mind and reversed his decision. Each time you refuse to relent and hear what God is saying, your heart becomes alittle bit harder and it will not be as able to know what God is sayiong and doing. The Bible talks about the conscience being seared to the point that it can't hear God speak.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   

No,No,No, No one is in hell yet ...

Your right people are in hades temporarily and hell for eternity. Hades is also to a degree a seperation from God.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkashicWanderer

But doesn't this mean god is not in hell? If he were, then he has failed at his goal of being seperated from evil.

How do we know this is God's goal?

We don't of course. Come to think of it, we don't know anything about god(s) at all.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I assume you meant White Thong and not White Throng, thus finally providing the ultimate question - "tighty whitey or boxers".

[edit on 7-10-2005 by spamandham]

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham
We don't of course. Come to think of it, we don't know anything about god(s) at all.

There, the next step is to realize we don't know anything about anything.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   

God tells us that He forgets our sins when we accept Christ.

Hebrews 8:12 and the second thing I wrote "if" in front of. That is a "what if" of mine.

For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. --Hebrews 8:12 KJV

??

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   

There, the next step is to realize we don't know anything about anything.

We know truisms. Everything else is only approximately known, and we refer to that as knowledge as well. That which is outside the ability to be even approximately known is not referred to as knowledge.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   

We know truisms. Everything else is only approximately known, and we refer to that as knowledge as well. That which is outside the ability to be even approximately known is not referred to as knowledge.

Even truisms we do not know. What do you mean by "approximately known", and what is outside of it?

I'm going away for 3 days so I won't be able to respond to your posts spam

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Even truisms we do not know.

Truisms are knowledge by definition.

What do you mean by "approximately known", and what is outside of it?

Approximate knowledge is inference. We can't be certain if inferences are true. Our assesment of the universe is inferred from our observations. In other words, the observations themselves are knowledge, but the meaning we assess to them is only assumed to be knowlede. For that which never seems to fail, we call that knowledge as well, even though there is still uncertainty.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Your right people are in hades temporarily and hell for eternity. Hades is also to a degree a seperation from God.

Hell and hades are the same thing.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Hell and hades are the same thing.

www.gotquestions.org...

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
what do you mean by - is god going to hell ?

hell cannot affect god, so it doesnt matter to him.

nothing affects god.

he doesn't have any temperature problems.

he doesn't need to monitor his blood pressure either.

in fact he doesnt have any problem.

nothing can give him any trouble.

in fact, he is the one who can give you trouble, if he sees fit.

[edit on 9-10-2005 by mr conspiracy]

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Hell, where does this derive from? hmnnn let me see..... the norse beliefs, asatru, norse heathenism.... Hell in this religious belief is more like heaven amay from any false god, away from evil...

Now lets think of the christian god..... Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace and create evil: I the lord do all these things.

Jeremiah 11:11 Therefore thus said the Lord, Behold,I will gring evil upon them

yes these are just partial staements from the bible, but this christian god is bringing evil upon his own creation

what good and loving god would do this?

One that is evil one that is just like the belief of satan and the christian hell,
maybe you have your beliefs backwards maybe you are being fooled.

Since your god does not want you to call another a fool but he can call you foolish all the time..... maybe he is saying something

Maybe you have been fooled the whole time and this god is just the opposite of what you think he is.....

EVIL I say EVIL...... thats what he creates and thats what he does....

Just look at our lives today filled with evil doings, christians doing evil to christians..... yes this is happening... why? just look inside what you are shown from the start.....

The belief of hell and evilness thats what; crazy dont you think?

[edit on 9-10-2005 by ncbrian211]

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I'm curious as to where you get the name of this great judgement...

Sorry For not given the Verse (Revelation 20: 11-15.

It in the very first line in verse 11- Then I saw a great White Throne and Him who was seated on it. Earth and Sky Fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12 and I saw the dead, great and small, Standing before the throne, and books were open. another book was opened which was the book of life, The dead were Judged according to what they had done, as the Recorded in the Book. 13: The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and Death and hades gave up there dead that were in them, and each person was Judged according to what had been down..

14: then death and hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of Fire is the Second death. 15: if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire..

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   

www.gotquestions.org...

Just based strictly on scriptural study--of the scholarly kind, not the kind done to support pre-existing opinions--that website is greatly lacking in merit.

I posted several sound refutations somewhere on this forum--direct points addressing things said on that site--in answer to the last time you threw that out as 'proof.' As far as I know you declined to make a single comment about what I posted. Why don't you ever follow through?

What some guy says about the bible is a second-hand way of rooting for the truth. I know you own a bible--why not use it instead?

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   

If you believe in god, do you also believe he is omnipresent?

In several other threads, I have seen hell described not as a place of torture, but rather of eternal conscious separation from god. Supposedly, hell is a place for the unrepentant because god does not want to put up with sin eternally.

But doesn't this mean god is not in hell? If he were, then he has failed at his goal of being seperated from evil. But if he isn't in hell, then he isn't omnipresent.

Which is it?

Hell, by most christian scolars is not a phyiscal place (now). It is the lack of god. An emptyness. A void that will never be filled.

Heaven is having that emptyness filled. You would no longer NEED anything once you were in heaven.

Now for your question if God is everywhere. Yes he is. He created everything, and thus is everywhere. Do you see God in hell? No.. thats your punnishment for eternity. But wait ? I just said he was there .. That doesnt make sense, right?

Well it does... God is on earth, but we do not see him.

EDIT:

ps. this post is Above Top Secret quality.... Ive seen FAR worse on ATS.

[edit on 10/10/05 by ivanglam]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join