It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Kicked Off Flight For A Bad Word on T-Shirt

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Well Racer5 I would suggest you take a shower before you board a fight..Because we will not allow you to board if you stink either..

I am a ramper for the largest reginal carrier in the US>. A policy is a policy..Southwest has rules on what can and can not be on clothing. Its thier right like so many have posted..But I think what was either missed in the story but mentioned by a member early on was this. Either the CS agent or the FA more then likly recieved a complant..and they simple defused a potential problem.

Todays airlines will do just about anything to keep a altercation from happening..I have seen aircraft turn around and come back to the gate so that a LEO can remove a drunk passanger..( yes I know not the same thing) but I hope it makes my point. Its all about not allowing things to get out of hand at 30 thousand.

Coho

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
After reading this entire post, I have to agree with the airline. This is not a matter of free speach. It is a matter of the airlines having a right to enforce dress codes.

In the late 70s or early 80s I had a t-shirt with a picture of two geese mating in flight. The caption underneath said "Fly United." I also had on with pigs in a similar position entitled "Makin Bacon." I wore both shirts quite often.

The difference is where I didn't wear them. I didn't wear them while visiting my mom. I never wore them to church. As a matter of fact, the only places I did wear them were to concerts, bars, and parties.

Why did I self censor? Because it would be inappropriate to wear them where they would cause offense. I understood that these shirts would be offensive to some folks and I only wore them where that sort of thing would be appropriate. I feel that it is infantile to wear something offensive and the become upset when someone is offended.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by rstrik
I see anti-american and anti-Bush shirts all the time on the streets, so nice try to bash America but try again.

Anti-Bush =/= anti-American, though you try and make it seem like it is by juxtaposing the two.

Nice try, but try again.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
Why did I self censor? Because it would be inappropriate to wear them where they would cause offense. I understood that these shirts would be offensive to some folks and I only wore them where that sort of thing would be appropriate. I feel that it is infantile to wear something offensive and the become upset when someone is offended.

It's called being considerate. It's recognizing that you don't live in a world of one. It's caring about the feelings of your fellow man, even if you don't share them. It's treating your neighbors as you wish to be treated. It is the golden rule. One simple rule mankind fails to obey, replacing it with thousands of silly laws making virtually everyone a criminal. ~sigh~

Thanks for being a considerate one darkelf. God bless you.

peace

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Well done for that person.
About the freedom of speech.
Your freedom ends where other's freedom begins.
Respect for others is the key.
We are in a civilized world, you have to right to expres yourself...just do it in an educated way.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join