It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: God Told Bush to Invade Iraq and Afghanistan

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I think Cheney just figured out a way to fool poor dumb incompetent George into thinking that the voice coming through the earpiece during his speeches is GOD. It justs SOUNDS like Cheney, Dubya. It's actually Jesus.

What does Bush say about all the natural disasters that have hit the U.S. lately? Is this not God's doing? Is God not punishing the United States of America?

Hurricane season in Cuba has been pretty tame by comparison. Isn't Cuba a godless, communist haven? Why wouldn't they get hit?

Oh wait, Castro probably worships Satan and bathes in the blood of newborns. I forgot.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Be warned, many here may tolerate your blasting of Bush, but when stepping on beliefs and convictions, you should consider treading more carefully.

Beliefs in destruction warrants ridicule, even the Bible points that out.

Perhaps we should look deeper into your reply:
Do you "tolerate" blasting Bush ?
What makes you defensive and issue warnings towards the beliefs of a God mandated destruction?
Does God tell you to kill and obliterate his creations?
Do you think God speaks to Bush?

Tell us how you feel, the rest can speak for themselves....

[edit on 6-10-2005 by Regenmacher]

JAK

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The White House are denying any such thing was said.

BBC.Co.Uk

White House denies Bush God claim

The White House has dismissed as "absurd" allegations made in a BBC TV series that President Bush claimed God told him to invade Iraq.

"He's never made such comments," White House spokesman Scott McClellan said.
Jak

[edit on 6/10/05 by JAK]

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by JAK

Took two years and the BBC to push Bush to show a card?...isn't that special.

But we all know Scott McClellan said that neither Rove nor Libby was part of the Plame case too.

ATSNN: Rove's lawyer acknowledges he was Time reporter's source

ATSNN: Judy Miller Released From Jail
Her testimony before a Grand Jury could come as early as Friday where she will name Lewis "Scooter" Libby as the source of her information.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
You are right Flyers Flan,
I mean,if the guy next door tells the court that god made him murder,he would be locked away in the head hospital,and rightly so.
Reminds me of a quote that i cant quite remember...."kill 1 man you`re a murderer,kill a million,you`re a hero" or somthing,by some war crazed ww2 bloke,but i cant remember who.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
That bush thinks he is hearing God and following his word and God know's his word isn't being heard nor followed by Bush. Beware the prophet who tells you he is a prophet.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Um, I remember hearing about this a couple of years ago. Is this something different? As far as I can remember, Bush told some Israeli official, just like in this report...

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Sorry hamburgler but they are right this is pretty much common knowledge that bush believes he talks to God and God answers...it isn't hearsay he has said it publically several times now, just like he also said that america would be easier to rule if it were a dicataorship, so long as he was the dictator. The man shows all the signs of pathological insecurity (chronic inflexiblity is another sign) and shouldn't be within 100 yards (and preferably much further) of the little red button at all. He is indeed deranged.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Maybe a reminder of Bushisms is in order of how many crazy things Bush has said in the past?

"You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on."

"One of the common denominators I have found is that expectations rise above that which is expected."

"See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda."

"The thing that's wrong with the French is that they don't have a word for entrepreneur"

"There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee...that says, fool me once, shame on...shame on you. Fool me...you can't get fooled again."

"To those of you who received honours, awards and distinctions, I say well done. And to the C students, I say you, too, can be president of the United States."

"The true history of my administration will be written 50 years from now, and you and I will not be around to see it."

Many more here:
en.thinkexist.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Does Jr. know anything at all about the Prophet Muhammad?

But I'm sure they've ALL heard of Machiavelli:

One prince of the present time, whom it is not well to name, never preaches anything else but peace and good faith, and to both he is most hostile, and either, if he had kept it, would have deprived him of reputation and kingdom many a time.

Concerning The Way In Which Princes Should Keep Faith

Are the Palestinian authorities merely being candid in the interview? Something like this would stick in the memory of anyone taken aback by such statements. Or is there another reason they would put the knives to their best ally in their hope for a sovereign state of their own?

As bizarre as this is to people of logic, I think they want that state very much. But know better to trust the hand of an over-played machiavellian move, as insulting as it is to true people of faith.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The problem with this is that everyone attending these meeting say this never happened.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   

The White House this afternoon denied, and called “absurd,” a report on the British BBC today that President Bush had once said that God instructed him to attack Afghanistan and Iraq.

Pressed further, McClellan said he was not at that 2003 meeting, but added, “I've been in many meetings with the President with world leaders where he's talked about this…. I checked into that report and I stand by what I just said.” editorandpublisher.com

More here:
Bush: God told me to invade Iraq independent.co.uk
George Bush: 'God told me to end the tyranny in Iraq' guardian.co.uk
Bush begs for support to fight 'evil radicals' waging war on humanity timesonline.co.uk
'God gave' Bush mission to invade Iraq and Afghanistan scotsman.com

Will be an interesting show to watch....the series is due to be screened in Britain on October 10, 17 and 24.

Originally posted by psyopswatcher
As bizarre as this is to people of logic, I think they want that state very much. But know better to trust the hand of an over-played machiavellian move, as insulting as it is to true people of faith.

Does make you wonder what the motivation is behind the Palestinians in officially stating something that could cut their own throats?

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   

“I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, 'George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan.' And I did, and then God would tell me, 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq …" And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, 'Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East.' And by God I'm gonna do it.'"

The problem is, with Bush you can imagine him saying it. He seems like the sort of person [from other interviews] who would come out with something like this...

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
First he needs proof he is speaking to God and not just feelings because even the Devil can spin you out. Maybe he felt close to God but was decieved into making war but he was intercepted spiritually as his anger at 9/11 brought him to the dark side- more understandable terms. Or his occultic old God of freemasonary could have changed his mind.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
he is just using god to forward this agenda.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
God said kill? Wouldn't that mean that whatever 'diety' is talking to him, that it ain't jebus??

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
seekerof, get off their back

he is not getting messages from my christian god.. my christian god doesn't talk to madmen..

besides, how do we know which god bush really worships... he could worship satan more than you'll ever realize or know, and tell you that he worships your god just to keep you happy

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Then to condone lying to get done what God told him to do? Make up arguments to allow torture?

Originally posted by Regenmacher

Does make you wonder what the motivation is behind the Palestinians in officially stating something that could cut their own throats?

Jr's his own worst enemy. No wonder there's terrorist threats going on in NYC the minute things start heating up in DC. I doubt the Palestinians want anything but money anyway they can get it--resitution from Israel, aid from Washington--all the same difference no matter who's in office.

Some where along the line, Jr. forgot to learn humility, even though it's a tenet of most faith.

Sermon on the mount, anyone?

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I just had the most bizarre thought.

On one side there are a couple of nutcases using religion to justify an attempt to recreate a Pan Arab
empire. On the other we've got another nutcase using religion to justify reliving the crusades.
Just me or is there a surplus of nutcases around?
Maybe there is just a balance of nutcases going on for a bit and we'll all wake up after this bad dream.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JAK

If they are denying he said this, then someone is lying. Could it be the Palestinians are making it up to gather support among their own people against America? Or maybe they didn't say anything and someone else is trying to escalate the WOT into a Holy War?

In either case, this is not good. Religion has always been used throughout history as a means to motivate or gain support from the people. This usually leads to trouble and that's why the founding fathers had the foresight to write a constitution that separates Church and State. Whether you are religious or not, we should all keep this in mind.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join