It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: God Told Bush to Invade Iraq and Afghanistan

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The BBC is reporting in a new series that President George W. Bush told Palestinian Prime Minister Abu Mazen and his Foreign Minister Nabil Shaath that God had told him to invade Afghanistan and Iraq, and create a Palestinian State.

www.bbc.co.uk
Nabil Shaath says: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, "George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan." And I did, and then God would tell me, "George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq …" And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, "Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East." And by God I'm gonna do it.'"

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

We may ask, what God would tell George Bush to distort and obfuscate facts in order to validate an invasion of a sovereign nation? Will this God tell Bush to invade Europe?

Is there a new definition for psychopath or am I missing something?

Remember Bush said to James Robinson: 'I feel like God wants me to run for President. I can't explain it, but I sense my country is going to need me. Something is going to happen... I know it won't be easy on me or my family, but God wants me to do it.'

Related News Links:
www.haaretz.com
www.theage.com.au
baltimorechronicle.com

[edit on 6-10-2005 by Regenmacher]

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Damn it, not the God card again!
fool me once in texas no twice in tennese and never i wont be fooled!

Here we go again!

Somehow, I don't think israelis or palestinians want to give up anything... this might be interesting.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Not since "Son of Sam" have I heard such deranged lunacy. How can anyone take this idiot seriously. If he were in such intimate contact, why didn't "God" tell him about 9/11 before it happened...oops maybe he did?

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I'm not preparing for a natural disaster, the apocalypse and rapture, terrorist attacks but I am preparing for an American Inqusition.

Just when you think it can't get any stranger, it does!!

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
This is old news... He's sure he's talking to God!

America have a religious leader for president! And almost all of you are complaining about the religious leaders in Iran...

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
According to the article Bush said this in their first meeting in June 2003. Why are we just hearing about it now? I don't doubt that he hears voices, but I think it is just Cheney whispering subliminal messages to him while he is sleeping.

J_3

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
[edit on 6-10-2005 by J_3]

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I'd suggest changing the headline here to something a bit more accurate. Like, "Palestinian Prime Minister CLAIMS Bush Says He Gets Orders From God."

That would be a bit more accurate. And then, maybe people would read the article, not just the headline before they post.

Of course, that would assume that these people have an interest in reading news accurately, rather than in whatever way backs up their twisted, perverse, everything-in-the-entire-world-inluding-the-extinction-of-the-dinosaurs-is-the-fault-of-GWB arguments.

It's so stupid.

I can barely stand it anymore. The constant grasping at every straw. The constant clamoring for any bit of "news" that would suggest some insidious plot on the part of Bush and his cronies. The rush you must feel when spouting off stupid nicknames like "shrub" and being the first on your block to find a new reason to bash the President.

And the saddest part is, every time you all pull this stupid stuff, you discredit any rational criticism you might have made of the President.

I wish you people would grow up.

If you don't like him, fine. I'm not his biggest fan either. But seriously, people, this is HEARSAY. This guy could be making it up and you dummies take it as gospel (no pun intended), just because you can then bash the President on it.

When I argue with someone about something Bush does that I don't like, I'm not stupid enough to think that my argument is strengthened by saying something like, "...not only do I not like his energy policy, but did you know that some other guy once said that Bush said that he gets his orders from God"? Do you really expect that to bolster your positions?

If so, then you're all dumber than you claim Bush to be.

If not, stop doing it. Stop ruining whatever ammunition you have in an argument against Bush by mixing it in with this nonsense. It's just weak.

That said, hope I didn't offend anybody too much, and I fully expect that you will not only ignore the advice, but will immediately attack me as some sort of pro-war, pro-fascist, pro-racist, neo-con, Bush lover.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Most Americans are on to the fact that our President believes he speaks to God, this is not news to us.

Strain of Iraq war showing on Bush, those who know him say(June 2003 Newsday)

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
You know what else God did?

Yes kids...he gave Rock and Roll to you.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
"This press release is embargoed until 2230 hours on Thursday 6 October. Before that time it is only available through the link which you have been sent."

I have never seen this on an article on BBC's website before.....

had to check, make sure it was from bbc's site even.. what does it mean to "embargo" an article, or this something new. was drudge the only one granted the right to link to it? and will it ever be put out for the rest of the world, or just to drudge's readers??

as far as God telling Bush to go to war with Iraq, well, I wrote to bush, told him that God told me that he was to give me his ranch also, he didn't believe me, what should I believe him?

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hamburglar
If you don't like him, fine. I'm not his biggest fan either. But seriously, people, this is HEARSAY. This guy could be making it up and you dummies take it as gospel (no pun intended), just because you can then bash the President on it.

Ya think that it's all made up that Bush told his Texas preacher mentor James Robinson: "I feel like God wants me to run for president. I can't explain it, but I sense my country is going to need me. . . . I know it won't be easy on me or my family, but God wants me to do it."

Since Bush never refuted Abbas, silence is consent.

If your falling on semantics, you really have no argument. The power of Google

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Yeah... I am with the author...
If we are to question his comments as relayed by the Palestinian foreign minister... then we have lots more quotes that say the same...

And yes, the definition of insanity still includes "if you hear voices"

and the stand by saying of "it is OK to talk to god, but when God talks back, then check your source"

There most definatly is a fake "god" that will approach us in person/verbally and he will also try to get us to do things like start vicious wars, and kill innocents...

the only thing is, it aint the same god that Christians worship... it is the fake one that they reject... the king of the pit... the great Satan...

It really makes much more sense that the "devil made him do it" that to think God would have anything to do with destruction of innocents... the bible contradicts that belief totally... (see the whole Sodom and Gomorah thing)

Of course if Bush had ever read a bible, he would know that...
I suspect it would burn his fingers though...

I am being harsh, but I detest when people give credit or blame to God for things it wouldn't touch

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Here's a good follow up behind motivations and explainations behind the Bush and fundamentalist psyche:

Dr. Bush and Mr. Hyde: The Fundamentalist Shadow of George W. Bush
The invasion of American Democratic institutions by fundamentalist, historically militant (as in crusades, witch hunts, inquisitions, and support of slavery) Christianity has significantly increased the stench coming from the already disturbing dark side of U.S. politics. It’s like a nightmarish replay of the Christian crusades—politics with a militant, convert-the-heathens dark side.

Sam keen explains the “first rule” for understanding our own shadow: “Listen to what the enemy says about you… Borrow the eyes of the alien, see yourself from afar. …Look with suspicion on the rhetoric of your nation.”

Personally, those that listen to a destroyer God are listening to the wrong frequency, unless they plan on wiping out the species.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Surely if bush is being "spoken to" by an invisible entity,which tells him to do things,he should be tested in accordance with his crazy mandatory psyhciatric screening program.....Sorry I had to... :]

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
Personally, those that listen to a destroyer God are listening to the wrong frequency, unless they plan on wiping out the species.

Excuse me, but your attempting to ridicule God or Bush, or is it both?
Personally, your quoted mention above is 'a' stereotypical and only conveys your agenda.

Be warned, many here may tolerate your blasting of Bush, but when stepping on beliefs and convictions, you should consider treading more carefully.

seekerof

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Seekerof, would you say anyone is sane if God told them to invade another Nation which resulted in the loss of tens-of-thousands of peoples lives? Let alone that the person can be seen as a 'God'? Surely there would have been a much better way to get 'Democracy' into Iraq and the Middle East?

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
"Personally, those that listen to a destroyer God are listening to the wrong frequency, unless they plan on wiping out the species. "

not sure what you see as objectionable here really. it's like any religous writings that are around are really two lane highways. they can be used to either lead you to a loving creator, or a merciless destroyer, depending on what "frequency" you are listening to. I think it all boils down to weather or not you desire to be a "servant of God", or the "ruler of man".

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Excuse me, but your attempting to ridicule God or Bush, or is it both?
Personally, your quoted mention above is 'a' stereotypical and only conveys your agenda.

Be warned, many here may tolerate your blasting of Bush, but when stepping on beliefs and convictions, you should consider treading more carefully.

seekerof

I do believe he meant When listening to a voice interpreted as god with the intention to destroy it is most likely insanity or not god so think twice about what your listening to.

Anyway I thought this would be an interesting find for everyone the credibility be unbeknownst to me because it was chainmailed from my step mother and copy and pasted into here. I think if it's true it's astonishing.

1. The garden of Eden was in Iraq.

2. Mesopotamia, which is now Iraq, was the cradle of civilization!

3. Noah built the ark in Iraq.

4. The Tower of Babel was in Iraq.

5. Abraham was from Ur, which is in Southern Ira q!

6. Isaac's wife Rebekah is from Nahor, which is in Iraq!

7. Jacob met Rachel in Iraq.

8 Jonah preached in Nineveh - which is in Iraq.

9. Assyria, which is in Iraq, conquered the ten tribes of Israel.

10. Amos cried out in Iraq!

11. Babylon, which is in Iraq, destroyed Jerusalem.

12. Daniel was in the lion's den in Iraq!

13. The three Hebrew children were in the fire in Iraq (Jesus had been in
Iraq also as the fourth person in the fiery furnace!)

14. Belshazzar, the King of Babylon saw the "writing on the wall" in Iraq.

15. Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, carried the Jews captive into Iraq.

16. Ezekiel preached in Iraq.

17. The wise men were from Iraq.

18. Peter preached in Iraq.

19. The "Empire of Man" described in Revelation is called Babylon, which
was a city in Iraq!

And you have probably seen this one. Israel is the nation most often
mentioned in the Bible. But do you know which nation is second? It is
Iraq! However, that is not the name that is used in the Bible! . The names
used in the Bible are Babylon, Land of Shinar, and Mesopotamia. The word
Mesopotamia means between the two rivers, more exactly between the Tigris
and Euphrates Rivers. The name Iraq, means country with deep roots.

Indeed Iraq is a country with deep roots and is a very significant
country
in the Bible

No other nation, except Israel, has more history and prophecy associated
it than Iraq.

And also... This is something to think about! Since America is typically
represented by an eagle. Saddam should have read up on his Muslim
passages...

The following verse is from the Koran, (the Islamic Bible)

Koran (9:11) - For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a
fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands
of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more
rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah and
there was peace.

(Note the verse number!) Hmmmmmmm?! God Bless you all Amen !

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   

The BBC is reporting ...

My husband and I got interviewed by the BBC while we were
visiting the Vietnam War Memorial in DC, just after we went into
Iraq. It had only been 3 weeks after we went in. The BBC
newslady interviewing was awful. She didn't ask questions
about how we felt ... she insisted that we HAD to feel a certain
way, that the war MUST BE a 'quagmire' ( after just 3 weeks
),
that we MUST hate Bush .. etc. etc. Worst 'news' reporting I have
ever seen or experienced in my life. Talk about agenda!!

Anyways ... I highly doubt GOD told George Bush to invade.
George may think God told him to ... but I really doubt God
actually did.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join