It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst gun ever made

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by PaddyInf

The LSW problem could be solved if it could be re - bored to fire the 7.62NATO round. But that would take lots of money and it was a failing at the start and would be alot cheaper to buy another 7.62 Rifle as they are doing now. Its a shame, that it wasnt a 7.62 weapon to start with, would have saved the British Army alot of money.

EDIT : I wasnt aware that the GPMG was carried by a section, I thought it was a Platoon fire support weapon, and some sections only have one minimi, but that is a supply issue I beleive.

[edit on 28/6/10 by Beta-Tested]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowXIX

I think the AR-15 = m16 original rifle should be here. I worked great only in laboratory conditions. It was ok when it worked, but that didn't happen often enough.

Considering the number of people killed because this thing jammed it should come 1st 2nd and 3rd.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by randel

Hmm I don't know about that one. The M16 was phased in as a replacement to the M14 and other WW2 era weapons, its ability to provide accurate and sustained fire, whilst using a universally accepted round type, perfect for the type of combat experienced in Vietnam i.e. close range to medium range combat. The weapon is easily stripped and cleaned jada jada jada....

Blockages in this weapon system came from the user in a lot of instances. Not being cocked properly, poorly fitted or poorly filled magazines, or simply not being cleaned properly. The weapon system also had problems towards the end of its life as it was not expected to be fired on a fully automatic setting for long periods of time. These situations increased the general wear of parts which resulted in the need for part replacements.

I believe the M16 saved far more lives than it is supposedly responsible for.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
My vote is for any gun made for or by the Lorcin company. These are truly the worst semi-automatic pistol ever made. I have been to gun ranges that have signs posted certain firearms that are not allowed on the range and the Lorcin is always on that list.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by wayouttheredude]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
another worst gun would be a propeln gun in space lol only thing that would be good for is fireing staite down

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
You wanna know the real worst gun ever? ROSS rifle, Canadian made with a 100% jam rate if any mud or dirt or water gets into it.
Sincerly,
CPL Sabastian Sears (CDND)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Knowing the French I bet they were really proud of the Chauchat (hot cat) too, that is probably the only reason it saw war time, and that they weren't capable of producing a better alternative. They also probably raved about how "beau" or "jolie" it was as well.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
smith&wesson 180.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by randel
reply to post by ShadowXIX

I think the AR-15 = m16 original rifle should be here. I worked great only in laboratory conditions. It was ok when it worked, but that didn't happen often enough.

Considering the number of people killed because this thing jammed it should come 1st 2nd and 3rd.

You should read up on what caused issues in the early m16 days before you try to state your uneducated opinion as a fact

My vote goes to the tarus judge

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
The worst gun or airsoft rifle is sure to be this. Totally crap for sure.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Mosin Nagant pistol, Type 34 Jap pistol, Mosin bolt rifle, all pcs of junk the day they were made, and morons STILL think that the Mosin is worth a hoot, just because it fires a "powerful" rd and they can get it cheap! :-) It's a CLUNKER bolt action slow, awkward, never was very accurate, now pitted bores from corrosive priming and inability to clean them properly duruing ww2. Junk, man, junk. there is a REASON that they are so cheap, fools.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Does my £35 chinese air rifle count?

Seriously this thing needs all its screws tightened after firing 10 pellets and the stock seem independant to the rest of the gun!

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
The worst gun ever made would definitely be the Remington 522 Viper. Look it up, even Remington said it is junk. Its the only gun that I have ever owned that was made completely out of plastic minus the barrel and bolt. Even the magazine is plastic.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join