It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst gun ever made

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
The weapon of the Aussie Armed forces, the Austeyr F19 Rifle, truly a horrible weapon. A lot of my mates are in the army and they reckon its just about the biggest piece of crap out there.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris_Caine

Isn't it effectively an AUG? I thought that the AUG platform was reasonably effective and versatile.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadeWolf

Honestly I'm not entirely sure on the stats of the weapon just from what mates tell me, the weight and size ratio is completely wrong and hard to be accurate... Maybe they're just crap marksmen though lol.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
the japanese type 94 ` shiki kenju ` gets my vote .the only side arms that fires if you squeeze the frame

The police should use those. That way they can justify accidently death.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Sorry, Sorry just got told it's called the F88 not the F19.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
This little gem would get my vote. It was used extensively, although with little effect, in the 1953 border skirmish between Idaho and Utah.

You know, it's a funny thing...I grew up in Idaho and never once heard of a potato gun until I was in my 30's and living in NY state.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   

That gun is definitely the same weapon as the Steyr AUG. Most people drool over those things. No offense, but your friends are weird. :-p

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I agree, I believe it fired the 8 mm Nambu round. There was a trigger, but it could be fired accidentally by squeezing the frame.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Hi-Point 9mm and Hi-point carbines(I've bought and tested both). Absolute waste of money.

The Makarov .45 compact is a crap weapon and I wouldn't even recommend it to a guy trying to shoot at me.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
ive heard of stories about people making shot guns from allegro steering columns cause a cartridge fits perfectly, if it was a porsche or merc column maybe itd be a good gun, but an allegro maybe not a good gun, that car was terrible.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Worse weapon ever made:

L86A1

Now, the focus here has to be on the A1 part, although practicality issues still remain in the A2 weapon, but are slowly being addressed by the British Army.

1. The inital weapon was so unreliable that it was forced to be remade. This coming from Enfield, one of the finest firearms manufactures the world over. It jammed far too often and loved the dirt and sand of the Gulf. H&K had to remake the gas parts for the weapon and the A2 spec is a very pleasent weapon to fire.

2. The 30 round magazine fed weapon was used as a support weapon by the British Army, despite the fact a trained gunner could only lay down a few more rounds a minute than a common soldier firing in a similar fashion. The bullpup design also slowed the ability of the user to re fit magazines at pace, especially whilst prone.

3. The weapon system was far too accurate, encouraging controlled firing from the user as apposed to the suppressing fire for which it was meant. This problem was similar to that of the Bren Gun which had its barrell altered to make it less accurate. This has been addressed however, as the British Army now use the weapon system as a DMR. (Designated Marksmans Rifle).

4. The round size of the weapon (5.56mmNATO) is too small, for both DMR and support weapon rolls. At longer ranges the round is ultimately innafective and the 7.62NATO round would have been more appropriate. This may also go someway to resolving the current issue the British Army have with the demand of 5.56 rounds being so high that cadet forces and army training are not getting as many rounds to burn on ranges as they otherwise would have. Also, blank round production has been slowed to make way for more FMJ rounds to be produced, and this is affecting training in all sectors of the British Armed Forces.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I have a friend who has a Hi-Point carbine and she claims it jams about every 4 rounds. Sounds like a piece of trash if you ask me.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
the worst gun ny my epinoin is the Telescope Elephant Gun

it was a telescopeing barrle on a muzzle loader but it failed when the barrle folded in when you where loading it with the ram rod

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
reply to post by projectvxn

I have a friend who has a Hi-Point carbine and she claims it jams about every 4 rounds. Sounds like a piece of trash if you ask me.

a piece of trash ?? cannot believe it!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

That doesn't surprise me one bit.

If you take a close look at the metal working inside the weapon(both carbine and pistol) you will notice parallel striations in the inner slide for the pistol, and the receiver for the carbine. This is metal brushing without being polished to a fine finish, this leads to roughed up chambers, as well as quick wear and tear on the action itself, there will come a point where her carbine will just not work anymore.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Beta-Tested

seriously?

a gun being too accurate?

never heard that as a complaint before

[edit on 26-6-2010 by maintainright]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by maintainright
a gun being too accurate?

never heard that as a complaint before

It can be a factor in a support weapon. These need to be able to cover a certain amount of ground with fire to keep the enemys heads down. The L86A1 (LSW) on the other hand fired nice tight groups. You had to make distinct body adjustments to cover any amount of ground with fire. Fine if you're going for precision target engagement, but not so good if you want to produce a beaten zone on a pair of fire trenches while your mates assault.

It's a weird concept for most shooters to grasp as precision is usually the name of the game in target shooting, but there you go.

As an asisde, from someone who carried one for 6 years, I think that the L86 susffered from two main problems.

First it was built on the Enfield weapon system (same as the SA80), and as such was very unreliable. This has been addressed by H&K, and the A2 version is extremely reliable.

Second it was mis-rolled. It was (and still is) a crap choice for a support weapon, and replaced what is arguably the most iconic fire support platform available - The L7 GPMG, or FN MAG. The LSW can serve in the role of a 'poor mans' sharpshooter, and is capable of extremely precise fire at 600m+. Indeed it was SOP for some time to issue it to the No. 2 in a sniper pair for night time engagements out to 400m. However with the introduction of the L129A1 in the sharpshooter role, the L110 (Minimi Para) for short range fire support and the re-introduction of the GPMG in the medium-long range role, the LSW is being left in armouries more and more. Some battalions haven't dusted them off in years.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by PaddyInf]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
From what I am aware, the L86A2 is being phased out from units that have been given, or are planning on receiving the new army sharpshooter (L129A1) (7.62mmNATO) weapon system. What are they going to do with all the L86's is a question on my mind, because I know as well that they are being phased out of cadet forces, which made sense a while ago, because they where required in Afghan, Iraq etc. But now I would have thought they would be getting many more to play with, but perhaps they are being sold off or melted down or god knows what.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Beta-Tested

I don't think they are being disposed of (certainly not in my Bn anyway). They are simply going into the armoury. At section level one of the LSWs has been replaced by the GPMG. The L129 isn't at section (or even platoon) level in all deployed units yet.

Current bog-standard section currently has 1 GPMG, 2 LMG (minimi), 1 LSW, 4 rifles, 1 Shotgun and 2 UGL. Obviously this can change as taskings require, but this is the every day, common or garden setup.

Sharpshooters are augmentees to a section at present, and are generally platoon assets. The LSW gives a limited degree of longer range capability, though not enough to justify the extra length, weight etc.

Prior to the introduction of the L129A1 it was the most accurate weapon available to a platoon. Now? I think the LSW has lost its role and is just taking up space that could be filled with another rifle. At least then you could fit a bayonet!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
[edit on 28/6/10 by Beta-Tested]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join