It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi Prime Minister says Iran is not interfering in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The most powerful man in the Iraqi government, Prime Minister Ibrahim Jaafari, has rejected accusations that Iran is interfering in Iraq's internal affairs and says some people are just trying to harm the increasingly friendly relation between Iraq and Iran.

Reuters

TEHRAN, Oct 6 (Reuters) - Iraq's Prime Minister Ibrahim Jaafari on Thursday rejected accusations that Shi'ite Muslim Iran was interfering in Iraq's internal affairs.

Asked about accusations that Iran was interfering in the internal affairs of Iraq, Jaafari told Iranian state television: "Such accusations are baseless and we do not agree with them at all."

"Relations between Iran and Iraq are currently very friendly and strong and expanding. We are proud of the situation," he said. "Some people want to harm our existing friendly relations with Iran. But we will not let them do so. We are determined to expand our relations every day."

I have no doubt there there are many persons who would like to prevent a strong relationship between Iraq and Iran and they seem to be using propaganda to create a rift between the two countries.

The Iraqi Prime Minister is determined to not let those people hinder the new relationship between Iraq and Iran. This will amost certainly put a damper on any plans by the coalition to use Iraq as a staging ground in the event of a future attack on Iran.

[edit on 6-10-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
From the Article:

"Some people want to harm our existing friendly relations with Iran. But we will not let them do so. We are determined to expand our relations every day."

Gee, I wonder Which People want to Harm that Friendly Relations.

Few pop into my Mind - for example all those Warmongers that are trying real hard to make Iran look Bad. I Bet they don't want a Friendship between Iraq and Iran also.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Mmm...thats odd, because other sources state otherwise:

UK premier Tony Blair and visiting Iraqi president Jalal Talabani both point accusing fingers at Iran’s involvement in attacks on British troops in Iraq - at joint Downing Street press conference Thursday
'

It hardly matters anyways, its a fact that Iran has and still is supporting violence in Iraq

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 6-10-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

When choosing between DEBKA and REUTERS I will take Reuters in a Jiffy any day of the Week and Twice on Sundays!

But I guess to a Bush Fan(atic) Reuters is probably a Terrorist Lover.

[edit on 6/10/05 by Souljah]

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I'd also take the word of Jaafari over Tony Blair any day

Tony Blair's intel on Iraq was a pack of lies before he took us into this farce of a war, what makes him or his intel any more believable now?

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

That article refers to the President not the Prime Minister and it is also biased because if you look at the transcript of the meeting with Talabani, he did not seem to point fingers at all. Debka twisted the story to meet their own agenda.

Here's the part of the meeting regarding the bombs found in Iraq:
(from the British Government, not Debka)

number-10.gov.uk

Jalal Talabani:

We are very much concerned and worried about the news we have about the device which was discovered. And ... talked to some Iranian brothers, they denied it, they say we are not doing anything against Iraqi people or against multinational forces because we want to see Iraq stable and we are not ready to bring our differences with the United States to inside Iraq. We will go into more investigations to know what is the real source of the terrorist actions which were against the British forces in the south.

top topics

join