It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Recommendation on a MIDI Keyboard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I posted in the Music forum, but no response. Thought I'd try here.

I want to buy a MIDI keyboard. I want something with a few instrument sounds and some percussion. Nothing too fancy or expensive. I'm a beginner to electronic music (although I can play 'real' keyboard and guitar) and will most likely stay that way.

I just want something to play around with, make some recordings and explore the technology.

Does anyone have a recommendation on a brand? Any specifics? Anything at all? I"m totally ignorant and I'm overwhelmed with the choices. I'm thinking I'll spend a couple hundred dollars - no more. Am I dreamin'?

Thanks in advance!

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
hey buddy. saw your request a coupla days ago... it took me a bit to finally respond.

alas, i am no expert, and midi generally confuses me, but they are fun if you get everything hooked up correctly. if you're looking for a quality product, i suggest www.turntablelab.com go to the equipment page, and the drop down menu offers music production tools etc.. keyboards etc..

i really trust their site. everything ive ever bought from them has been quality and they seem to know what their doing. plus they offer products for pretty much every price range, with a strict adherance to quality. plus they give a solid review of each product, explaining its features.. etc.

I hear M-Audio is the latest brand that makes what home studios want.

On a side note, what kinda music are you trying to make? What software are you using? I just got reason, and I want to get ableton live - its amazing what poor folks like us can do these days without purchasing an entire studio. Really all you need is a computer and a coupla midi devices and your options are endless. Alrighty, hope that site helps. best of luck.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I posted in the Music forum, but no response. Thought I'd try here.

I want to buy a MIDI keyboard. I want something with a few instrument sounds and some percussion. Nothing too fancy or expensive. I'm a beginner to electronic music (although I can play 'real' keyboard and guitar) and will most likely stay that way.

To keep from having to move this...

Dual Keyboard

Ta-daaa!

new topics

join