It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Speaking of vaccines...cervical cancer vaccine success!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkleflower
Tarzan, did you miss vital parts of this thread?

Let me clarify one more time.

I do not work for the FDA. I have never worked for the FDA. I have, however, worked with patients "against" the darn FDA, and "against" certain drug companies. I've also worked on drug trials themselves. And I've worked in a library. And at the corner store.

Did you even read the links supplied? The ones which provide direct evidence contradicting mr conspiracy's unproven claims? Have you done any of your own research at all, perhaps investigating those claims before jumping onto that particularly inaccurate bandwagon?

Is the need to believe "it's all a conspiracy" so overwhelming that it renders a poster unable to fact-find for themselves?

Edited: not worth it.

No i did not miss any part of the thread.What i find unfortunate is that you fail to see what is going on outside in the real world.I also CLEARLY read that you do not work for the FDA but what i do find unfortunate is that for someone who has basically spent a good deal of her time working with patients and "against the drug comapnies"You have developed a one dimensional view of how things work within society.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
So...only your "real world" counts...gotcha.
Would this be the real world where it's ok to trust certain sources only if it supports your point of view?

From your answers though, it does appear that you've no idea how the industry works.

Deny ignorance, tarzan. Read up on the subject before you condemn the poster.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
For once the pharmaceuticals has done something right this will benefit my daughter and any other young women.

Cancer of the cervix is a death sentences in less industrialized nations, and also to any women that find out to late for treatment.

Cervical cancer affects approximately 470,000 women every year worldwide and kills 225,000. The disease has been significantly curbed in the United States through use of Pap smears, routine tests that detect trouble at its early stages. Nationally, 13,000 new cases and 4,100 deaths are reported each year.

But in developing nations the disease remains a death sentence, particularly in Southeast Asia, Africa and South America

I am not friendly of pharmaceuticals but this time if their vaccine save lives so beat it.

Who cares what fundamentalist pro lifers said or want, they care less about women if they die from abortions or complicated pregnancies, they care less about life but only if it helps their agenda, to monitor women uterus and people's bedrooms.

The heck with them, this vaccine is welcome.

www.womensenews.org...

[edit on 9-10-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkleflower
So...only your "real world" counts...gotcha.
Would this be the real world where it's ok to trust certain sources only if it supports your point of view?

From your answers though, it does appear that you've no idea how the industry works.

Deny ignorance, tarzan. Read up on the subject before you condemn the poster.

My "real world" It seems that you have started to take things personally. Which is a real shame.Like i said at the beginning this is a great breakthrough but it would be nice if you could sit back forget everything you know and take a look at the "Pharamcuetical industry" in another light

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
tarzan - you just proved my point quite brilliantly. Once more though, I'd ask - nay, beg! - that you actually read up on a subject before spouting off about it. (I'm almost curious enough to inquire - since you've asked me personally for help/advice before in other threads - exactly what's changed in the past few months to suddenly give you deep insight to the workings of drug companies?)

Bottom line:

We know that pharmaceuticals are businesses, and therefore, at their very simplest level, are absolutely in it for the money.

Where has this ever been disputed? Oh, that's right. It hasn't.

We know that drug research is an expensive business, and that costs have to be eaten up somehow.

And yes, we know that price gouging occurs in the US (it's less of a problem elsewhere in the world as many nations have mandatory caps on how much a drug company can charge for a particular drug). Again, this hasn't been disputed, tarzan.

However, none of these points negates the critical point in this entire discussion:

There is now a hope at preventing cervical cancer, a condition which kills thousands upon thousands of women, every year, around the world.

It's real. It's valid. And it works.

Are the drug companies going to make it expensive? Very probably.

But it will be available, and I'd bet my last cent that it'll be available very cheaply to the folks who need it most and/or can't afford it. How about we remove our tinfoil hats just for a teeny little while, and accept this bit of good news? Or is that just too much to ask?

I get the distinct feeling that Merck/Glaxo/whoever could offer a cure for every disease known to man, for absolutely no cost to the consumer, and you'd still be complaining about The Big Evil Pharmaceutical Companies.

That is a shame.

Though I do feel like I'm beating a very rotten horse carcass a little here, I'd still love to hear your thoughts on this vaccine.

Do you think it's a positive thing?

[edit on 9/10/05 by Tinkleflower]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join