It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas' West Bank battle plan exposed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Hamas reveals its strategy to continue the jihad against the Israeli’s. The victory in the battle for Gaza has only emboldened Hamas and they are stepping up their onslaught as a result.

Story Here

JERUSALEM – After declaring Israel's withdrawal from the Gaza Strip a victory for their "resistance operations," Hamas is now planning to focus attacks on the West Bank, where it will fire rockets and carry out guerrilla operations against nearby Jewish towns until Israel leaves the territory, a research center affiliated with Hamas announced in a published study.

"(Hamas will be) transporting warfare technologies such as mortars and rockets from the Gaza Strip to the West Bank. These will provide an easy way to bombard Israeli populated areas adjacent to the security fence, and the fence, which is currently under construction, will therefore become useless," stated a recent publication by the Al-Mustaqbal Research Center in Gaza.

Al-Mustaqbal is headed by a Palestinian professor and, according to the Intelligence and Terrorism Information Center at Israel's Center for Special Studies, is associated with Hamas and is known to publish surveys and studies that reflect the terror group's attitudes.

The study credited Israel's West Bank security barrier with limiting Hamas' ability to infiltrate Jewish cities to perpetuate suicide bombings, but it said, "Carrying out such acts remains an option since Hamas will find methods to circumvent the obstacle built by Israel. The length of the fence and its proximity to populated areas will make the task easier."

Looks like Gaza was just the first battle in the war. JERUSALEM OR BUST!!

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   
give a man an inch....

I always figured withdrawing from Gaza was done to show that the Palestinians won't build on the "gesture" and work towards a peacefull solution.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Yes - those Poor Isreali's.

Hey Guess what skipster, I got the Other side of Your Story:

Hamas: US, Israel provoking tensions

The political leader of a Palestinian resistance movement has said the US and Israel are responsible for last week's clashes between Hamas activists and Palestinian security forces in the Gaza Strip.

Referring to the Gaza clashes, Mashaal said: "There is foreign pressure and incitement" - alluding to pressure from Washington and Israel for Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas to disarm Hamas.

"As long as our land is occupied, the Palestinian people and their factions have the right to jointly resist and play a political role."

Source:
Al Jazeera.net

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Thanks for pointing out the true situation, Souljah. I am half jewish and I used to believe that the Palestinians were solely responsible for the conflict, but after research, I have learned that Israel and the U.S. not only perpetuate the hostilites but instigate most of them. I feel badly for the both the jewish and palestinian citizens. They are caught up in a situation that can only lead to a dismal outcome.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by CindyfromFlorida
Thanks for pointing out the true situation, Souljah. I am half jewish and I used to believe that the Palestinians were solely responsible for the conflict, but after research, I have learned that Israel and the U.S. not only perpetuate the hostilites but instigate most of them. I feel badly for the both the jewish and palestinian citizens. They are caught up in a situation that can only lead to a dismal outcome.

Because it's only the truth if it paints the US or Isrealis as the bad guys.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   
no, it's only the truth if al jazeera says it is.

so, al jazeera, the only name in news you can trust, is now saying that the palestinian on palestinian violence is also the US and Israel's fault? when did al jazeera become a comedy?

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Hamas reveals its strategy to continue the jihad against the Israeli’s

God damn it skippy, you are infuriatingly ill-informed about the Arab world. you see an Arab with an AK and automatically you ASSUME the guy is 'off on a Jihad'. Assumption IS the Mother of All F**k-Ups skippy.

Hamas may be an organisation with very strong Islamic roots but it is a group that wants a free Palestine first and foremost, not an Islamic superstate.

And whilst I do not condone their attacks against civillian targets in Israel, labelling Hamas as your common garden variety terrorist group is unbelievably naive. If you look behind all the negative spin and over-positive spin that western media and middle eastern media respectively gives Hamas, you will see a group that doesnt just focus on fighting, but also a group that tries to take care of the families of Palestinian civillians killed by the Israeli military occupation.

So please man get all sides before you open your trap. Your constant anti Arab/anti Islam BS spouting only shows you jumped on a bandwagon in these troubled times. And if you are wise to all sides yet still pursue these attitudes then you are pushing an agenda, and as such cannot be trusted by anything you may say

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I always have this really bad feeling that all the sides in this conflict(Pla,Israel,US) are suckered into this fight.

Because, someone else stand to gain more.

Maybe 1 fine day they take a look back and found out some party/parties are actually supporting ALL SIDES. And got lostsa great returns.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Oh the poor Palestinians! Ever wonder why Israel targets Hamas leadership and kills them any chance they get? When an organizations sole purpose is to destroy you and your country you don't really have much choice now do you? I see the Israel people the ones giving up land and backing up closer to the sea Hamas wants them pushed into. I don't however see the Palestinians giving anything up. Even their leadership is to weak to oppose the blatent terrorist group Hamas. If you don't think Hamas is a terrorist organization then I guess you can't call the IRA a (past) terrorist group. See they are actually intelligent they laid down their arms for peaceful negotiations.

Hmm If I were Israel I think I would target a group with a mission statement reading this also. Israel is not totally innocent I know, but trying to make Hamas out to be a humanitarian organization is just laughable.

Hamas Mission Statement

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
So, let me ask You all this Questions:

Why have in 2004, ABC, CBS, and NBC news reportied thatPalestinian children’s deaths followed virtually the same line as Israeli children’s deaths, in stark contradiction to the reality, in which Palestinian children were being killed at a rate 22 times greater than Israeli children?

Actually Deaths of Palestinian Children:

Reported Numbers of Palestninan & Isreali Children in US Media:

So, why does the US Media DELIBERATELY report in this way?

Why does the US Media report only 13-21% of the REAL Palestinian Casualties? Maybe because they are trying to create a better picture of Isreal, when in Fact its NOT.

Why?

Maybe the American Israel Public Affairs Committee has these Answers.

Source for Graphics:
www.ifamericansknew.org...

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
So, let me ask You all this Questions:
the reality, in which Palestinian children were being killed at a rate 22 times greater than Israeli children?

does that include the palestinian children that are used as human shields? does it include the ones convinced to blow themselves up for their cause? does it include the ones killed by Hamas at PA gatherings?

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Souljah you are going off topic once again. What does childrens deaths constitute, I don't see a legend explaining. Does that mean that these children were killed by Israeli soldiers? Does it mean these children were killed in the line of fire etc? And also if you think everybody in America is sympathetic to Israel you are wrong, it doesn't matter who does what, these two groups will fight until the world is gone. I blame them both, but what I do see with my own two eyes is Israel at least making an effort and Palestine making 0 effort. Israel gives an inch and the Palestinians demand a foot. When are the Palestinians going to quite giving Israel a reason to attack them and disarm Hamas? Look at their mission statement, that kind of political influence in your government will NEVER EVER lead to peace, when will those idiots start understanding that?

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by rstrik
Souljah you are going off topic once again. What does childrens deaths constitute, I don't see a legend explaining. Does that mean that these children were killed by Israeli soldiers?

From the Source site for my Post:

“The majority of these [Palestinian] children were killed and injured while going about normal daily activities, such as going to school, playing, shopping, or simply being in their homes. Sixty-four percent of children killed during the first six months of 2003 died as a result of Israeli air and ground attacks, or from indiscriminate fire from Israeli soldiers.”

122 Israeli children have been killed by Palestinians and 693 Palestinian children have been killed by Israelis since September 29, 2000.

They were no Terrorists.

They were going to School, Playing, Shopping, simply TRYING to live their Lives in this Prison called Palestine. They died from Isreali Bullets, Bombs and Rockets.

Washington Post - Israelis Kill 3 Teenagers In Gaza Strip

Guardian - Israeli officer: I was right to shoot 13-year-old child

Left Coaster - Killing children is no longer a big deal

Don't shoot till you can see they're over the age of 12

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
i figure somewhere between here...

worldnetdaily.com...

....and here...

english.aljazeera.net...

...the muddled truth can be found.

i will say this much though: originally, the israelis said they would not agree to peace negotiations or removal of settlements until the palestinians at the very least stopped the violence. well, the israelies gave up gaza anyway.....so far, the palestinians couldnt even occupy that area without destroying everything in sight, and taking pot shots at departing israelies.

you guys do realize that upon occupation of the lands in 67, mosques were left alone by the israelis....every single synagogue in gaza was destroyed in the first two days by the palestinians. tells me all i need to know about their "peaceful" intentions.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
the israelis left behind the greenhouses and the palestinians ripped them to shreds.

they clearly don't give a damn about the land, they want the eradication of the jews. hell, if the jews packed up and moved to siberia they'd probably want that too, once they turned their land back into a wasted stretch of sand.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
In response to whoever claimed that Palestinians were using children as human shields heres some food for thought from the BBC.
Israeli Supreme Court insists that IDF stops using Palestinians as Human Shields

Seems the Israelis had some nasty habits as well, this practise has been forced to stop after a Palestinian teenager was killed by Hamas after they misidentified him as a traitor.

Lets stop pretending that Israeli forces are all sweetness and light.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I wonder how many human shields used by the palestinians die vs. the number used by the Israelis dying.

not saying one is less evil than the other, just want to see which job is more dangerous.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by rstrik
Oh the poor Palestinians! Ever wonder why Israel targets Hamas leadership and kills them any chance they get?

There is no wonder: it is a decapitation move. it is what Hamas and Co would do to Sharon and his boys if Hamas had access to gunships and guided missles.

When an organizations sole purpose is to destroy you and your country you don't really have much choice now do you?

To be fair, no you do not. but before you let my concession get to your head:

I see the Israel people the ones giving up land

Ok, lets address this right now: it wasn't Israel's land in the first place!. Therefore, it is not theirs to give up. have you ever wondered why it was called 'The Occupied Territories?' because Israel was occupying it. As in, it wasn't theirs anyway. and, if you want to get technical, Israel oesnt belong to the Israelis. IMO, it belongs to both

If you don't think Hamas is a terrorist organization then I guess you can't call the IRA a (past) terrorist group.

Now i just know that was aimed at me so once again i feel i have to tell someone to go back and read what i actually said, not what you would like me to have said, rstrik

I never said Hamas are not a terrorist grou: they are. they target civillians intentionally and this alone means the difference between Hamas being a guerilla army and a terrorist group.

what i actually said is:

Originally posted by Daystar
And whilst I do not condone their attacks against civillian targets in Israel, labelling Hamas as your common garden variety terrorist group is unbelievably naive.

aside from the topic but still worth talking about:

See they are actually intelligent they laid down their arms for peaceful negotiations.

I'm sorry but i cant help smile when i see things about the IRA giving up guns. bollocks have they. anyone who thinks so based on what Sinn Fein says seriously needs their heads examining. and even IF the decomissioning people say they have you dont honestly believe the IRA would actually let these people know about all the guns they had do you?

Israel is not totally innocent I know, but trying to make Hamas out to be a humanitarian organization is just laughable.

whilst i agree they are a terrorist group, Hamas does actually do work within the Palestinian areas in attempts to ease the suffering of the palestinian peoples. maybe now you can get it through your head WHY Hamas are so popular among the palestinians

[edit on 6-10-2005 by Daystar]

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   

They were going to School, Playing, Shopping, simply TRYING to live their Lives in this Prison called Palestine. They died from Isreali Bullets, Bombs and Rockets.

Maybe if the terrorist groups in Palestine didn't use schools, houses, and open markets as gathering places the situation could be different. But of course the can’t do that, how else can they convince people that Israel only targets those places to kill children.
I mean, I don't see any Hams flag flying high above a building far away from all the civilians so they are not in danger.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Are we all ignoring the claim by Hamas that they're going to transport military equipment from Gaza to the West Bank? Exactly how do they plan to do this? There's no way in hell they'll be able to get so much as a bullet out of Gaza with the way things have been for years. I don't even think there's been a single suicide bombing coming from Gaza in years. The Israeli's have it so shut down that the Palestinians can't even leave for the most part, let alone smuggle mortars and explosives across Israel and into the West Bank.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join