It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ann Coulter Slams Bush's SCOTUS Pick

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Looks like Ann Coulter isn't holding anything back in her disdain for Bush's pick of Harriet Miers to the Supreme Court:

I eagerly await the announcement of President Bush's real nominee to the Supreme Court. If the president meant Harriet Miers seriously, I have to assume Bush wants to go back to Crawford and let Dick Cheney run the country.

Unfortunately for Bush, he could nominate his Scottish terrier Barney, and some conservatives would rush to defend him, claiming to be in possession of secret information convincing them that the pooch is a true conservative and listing Barney's many virtues — loyalty, courage, never jumps on the furniture ...

Harriet Miers went to Southern Methodist University Law School, which is not ranked at all by the serious law school reports and ranked No. 52 by US News and World Report. Her greatest legal accomplishment is being the first woman commissioner of the Texas Lottery.

Full Article: AnnCoulter.com

I have to pretty much agree with her here, I'm not sure what Bush was thinking of in this nomination. I would have much rather seen a Priscilla Owen or Janice Rogers Brown etc. nominated.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   
This is pretty cute satirical commentary too.

www.harrietmiers.blogspot.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   
It's always nice when Americans from all walks of life can come together and agree another American is an idiot.

"Big news this morning at the White House, President Bush defended his nominee, Harriet Miers, calling her 'plenty bright.' Not only that, but then the president said Miers has 'real purdy hair.' Then he got on a mule and headed south."
--Conan O'Brien

"She's never been a judge before...never served on the bench. This is part of President Bush's strategy of surrounding himself with people who are also in over their heads." --Jay Leno

"Welcome to the 'Late Show,' ladies and gentlemen. It's like the Supreme Court, anyone can get in here."
--David Letterman

"As you might expect some people are criticizing the pick, especially conservative Republicans who worry that Harriet Miers is too liberal. Other critics say she's not a good pick because she hasn't been a judge before. Uh, had Paula Abdul been a judge before? Nobody had a problem when they picked her."
--Jimmy Kimmel

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I liked the snippet from David Letterman that Brit Hume played last night. It went something like (paraphrasing here):

"Miers is being criticized because she's never voiced her opinion on anything, so I thought 'Where can I find a woman like that?'"

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Second, learn to understand that the jab sets the table.

Third, learn that along with the jab, come feigned movement

Fourth, and this is the tough one, all who fall in love with the jab eat well the straight blow.

This nomination is a time buying-media focus diverting-direct warning that the Shiite is deeper than a cow pasture. The escalation of death in the prelude to an Iraqi ratification vote will be monumental. The Delay/Frist/White House connections are steel beam thick. The report on defecit & fiscal health after the close of the year recently will be critical. The death counts from the Gulf are staggering. The cronyism there and everywhere is staggering. The Plame thing still has thick muscular legs. Gay republicans of prominent levels & White House paychecks are being outed left & right.

Stick & move.......stick & move.....

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time

This nomination is a time buying-media focus diverting-direct warning that the Shiite is deeper than a cow pasture.

That's what i've been thinking too. For days now all I hear on the news are the same sound bytes from the first day this nomination appeared before my eyes. Ann Coulter knows this too, but as a loyal republican she's participating in pot stirring brew ha ha... and I wonder if they too think their tactics are ha ha. Wouldn't doubt it, they are a sick twisted bunch.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
www.harrietmiers.blogspot.com...

That's funny.

I agree!!! I trust Bush, the best president of the United States not only now but ever.

Originally posted by Bout Time
This nomination is a time buying-media focus diverting-direct warning that the Shiite is deeper than a cow pasture.

No doubt about it!

new topics

top topics

join