It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Cites Military Takeover In Case Of Flu Outbreak

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   

The US military might have to quarantine areas of the United States if there was a serious outbreak of the deadly avian flu, George Bush has said. The President said he would ask Congress to consider giving him powers to use the army if bird flu struck.

Mr Bush said on Tuesday that he was concerned about the danger avian flu poses to the world, though he was not predicting an outbreak in the US.

"I am just suggesting that we better be thinking about it," he said. "And we are. And we're more than thinking about it; we're trying to put plans in place."

Regional quarantine would raise difficult policy decisions and legal issues, but the possibility had to be discussed.

"It's one thing to shut down your airplanes, it's another thing to prevent people from coming in to get exposed to the avian flu," he said. "To do this, we might have to use the military, which is able to plan and move."

This is the second time in two weeks that Mr Bush has suggested Congress pass special laws to allow the US military to bypass the state-controlled National Guard to perform what amounts to civilian policing, which has been unlawful in the US for almost 80 years.

Continued.....
www.smh.com.au...

Say goodbye to America after this law is passed.

There you have it folks, the end of Democracy, and the birth of the NWO.

What could be more Anti-American than to give the President dictatorial powers only IF.....

Now you can be sure the Bird Flu will be coming to America.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I can understand a military presence if a situation were to arise where a mass quarantine was necessary. However, it would seem more rational to use the military in a supportive role as opposed to what I’m assuming is being suggested, the military being used as the primary organization involved, and the organization fully in control. I don’t feel any military is best suited for command and control in this instance, instead a military presence should only be appropriate when used purely for organization and security.

In my opinion, the World Health Organization (WHO) or Center for Disease Control (CDC) should be the primary organization(s) in charge during such an event. If not WHO or CDC, then I *would* say the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) should be in charge, but something tells me there would be a terrible logistics problem and a tremendous amount of unnecessary deaths as a result. In any case, the military is for indirectly protecting the citizens it serves (fighting in wars for its country), just seems like a poor choice in groups to take point on this operation.

Perhaps the Feds will use this as an opportunity to play the NORTHCOM card and test its ability to perform its task? Doesn’t seem too far from a possibility, considering they’re acting like the military will be in charge.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel
Say goodbye to America after this law is passed.

There you have it folks, the end of Democracy, and the birth of the NWO.

What could be more Anti-American than to give the President dictatorial powers only IF.....

Now you can be sure the Bird Flu will be coming to America.

Yup, there she goes.

Any bets on the first city to have an "outbreak" and need a "quarantine".

My guess is somewhere in smalltown midwest U.S.A. as a "test run" for martial law even though a big city is far more likely for an early infection.

Do they really believe they have the spare military forces to quarantine a major city like New York or Chicago with an International airport, which is the most likely starting point for an outbreak?

[edit on 5/10/05 by redmage]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Yeah, goodbye America. Why doesn't someone in Congress stand up to Mr. George Illuminati Bush? I'll betcha' all this nonsense being done to Tom DeLay has something to do with Bush's Big Move.

It's obvious to me these people are itching to take over and get on with their NWO.

What can we do? How dare GWB threaten us with his government goons after what just happened with Katrina?

I htink we need to start sending some e-mails and letters to Congress. The main leaders that might be willing to take action are being or have been crippled -- people like Trent Lott who is a good guy, and now Tom DeLay. GWB is one evil man, and somebody needs to stand up to him from the Republican party. Congress needs to know that the people don't want marshal law, don't want to be told to move here or there because some surgeon general decides there's too many germs or there's some trumped up "danger." This is what they've been pulling on the farmers with the phony BSE scrare, and pretty much killing the farming and ranching businesses all over the country.

The plan is to bring our country to its knees and usher in NWO. These people (like GWB and the Clintons) have no loyalty to this country, and are only interested in the NWO.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Please redirect the conversation to the original thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you, thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join