It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists: 1918 Killer Spanish Flu Was a Bird Flu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
This is very shocking if you do not remember the Spanish Flu of 1918.
Found this story .

In 1918-1919, the so-called Spanish flu killed some 50 million people -- including 675,000 Americans. Most of the victims were healthy people in the prime of life.
The 1918 flu, analysis shows, is a bird flu that learned how to spread among humans. Genetic analysis shows that the deadly H5N1 bird flu now circulating in Asia seems to be learning the same thing.

How long does this process take? Nobody knows. Taubenberger says the 1918 bird virus appeared in humans "a couple of years" before 1918. But how long it took the virus to jump species from birds to humans is unknown.

This is very scary to think about. I never realized the two were similar and the deaths caused by the Spanish Flu of 1918 was so great. The scientists just discovered this. Fox News read here.

[edit on 5-10-2005 by Harry55]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Now why will they do such a thing?

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Harry55, there is an entire forum dedicated to the H5N1 flu.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is also mention of the Spanish flu of 1918.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 093131p://5u46 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
This is where it came from:
From frozen Alaska to the lab: a virus 39,000 times more virulent than flu Only a handful of scientists have security clearance to access the laboratory at 1600 Clifton Road in Atlanta, Georgia, home to the US government's Centres for Disease Control and Prevention. Before entering, they must pull on a protective hood, don breathing apparatus and pass through electronic fingerprint and retina scanners to prove their identity.
This came from The New York Times
It was the culmination of work that began a decade ago and involved fishing tiny fragments of the 1918 virus from snippets of lung tissue from two soldiers and an Alaskan woman who died in the 1918 pandemic. The soldiers' tissue had been saved in an Army pathology warehouse, and the woman had been buried in permanently frozen ground.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   
its not fair I posted this exact same subject/topic on ATSNN but for some reson it just vannished off the website as if i never wrote it
(conspiricy!
) so then now that i find its gone i think well at least i can probibly still get some points from posting on the medical issues form to find that theirs already a thread on it. someone out there is trying to stop me from getting points!

but anyways sympaticomsn.ctv.ca... is a link to the story and ill add what i was going to say to help your thread

Scientists are doing a recreation of the Spanish flu of 1918. the replica of the flu is now being stored in a level 3 bio-safety lab in Atlanta Georgia. The flu virus from 1918 was also originally an avian flu virus, but it didn’t mix with any of the current day human viruses but instead the virus just adapted to be able to affect human (unlike the flu viruses that caused pandemics in 1957 and 1968)

The current avian flu (H5N1) can infect humans although it is very unlikely but has killed at least 65 people so far. Since H5N1 is an avian flu, the human immune system cant fight it and people who catch the flu don’t stand much of a chance.

The Spanish flu went through several mutations to all of its genes before becoming a huge pandemonium and the H5N1 is currently showing signs of going through the same mutations

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Makes you wonder if they didnt remanufacture the 1918 flu because the current avian flu isnt mutating fast enough.

What's to stop them from splicing the old flu with the new flu and unleashing it on the public?

With the recent announcment from President Bush about wanting to use the US Military to enforce quarentine.. things can get ugly..

Then again, this is all a longshot tinfoil theory ;p

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   

What's to stop them from splicing the old flu with the new flu and unleashing it on the public?

The CDC is up to a lot of scary stuff....all intended to control the population. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they brought back the flu from 1918....or surprised if this Avian flu was created by the CDC. A lot of people are in denial of the fact that the powers that be, the powers that truly control the world, are and have been working on depopulating this planet since at least 1969. 1970.......

new topics

top topics

join