It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Palestinians Open Investigation Into Yasser Arafat's Death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Senior Palestinians will look into allegations that former president Yasser Arafat died of poisoning by Israeli Agents, in an investigation opened by the Palestinian parliament. No clear cause of his illness was found by French doctors who treated Mr Arafat in the weeks up to his death by massive brain haemorrage in November last year. Previously it was announced in December 2004 that the Palestinian National Authority (PNA) established a committee investigating his death with early rumours of foul play involved in the former leaders passing.

www.abc.net.au

But in recent weeks some media reports, supposedly based on Mr Arafat's medical records, have suggested that the former Palestinian president died from either AIDS or poisoning.

The deputy speaker of the Palestinian Parliament, Hassan Kreisheh, says he has no doubts Israeli agents poisoned Mr Arafat, a charge Israel strongly denies.

The Palestinian Parliament has now appointed a committee to investigate the cause of the former president's death.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I doubt whether it will ever become public the reasons and cause of his death. I can see many committees and investigations but no answers as yet except many believe the death was suspicious.

Hopefully though answers will be forthcoming and this parliamentary committee can unearth some truthes.

Related Links
Documents Shed Light On Arafat Death
Nephew Claims death unnatural
Wiki - PNA
The Final Days Of Arafat
Israeli News

Related News Links:
english.people.com.cn
news.scotsman.com
news.scotsman.com
www.cnn.com
Arafat has heart attack
Pope and Arafat

[edit on 5-10-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Shame on you. I had this news item up a good twenty minutes before you.

www.belowtopsecret.com/thread175356/pg1

Now you'll rob any reply prospects I had.

[edit on 5-10-2005 by Yossarian]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
ATSNN is a separate NEWS serivce than the forums. That means stories can be posted in both places at once. You are welcome to contribute stories according to guidleines on ATSNN. It is a member fed News Service and New Contributers are always welcome to post news.

Footnote I took this news from the ABC News Feed service not from your BTS article

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Does anyone have any doubt he was poisoned by somebody??? The Isrealis, his own people, this administration??? Any of em could have done it....where's peter sellers???

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Just what are the chances of the truth coming out from an internal palastinian investigation?

None at all, except the chance to poke accusations at their favorite boogy man Israel.

yawn....

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Would be interesting to know Arafat's cause of death? It would put an end to the first chapter of the PLO.

Even if it becomes known, there will be those that will try to label it as a hoax and succeed.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
excerpts from the palistinian investigative committee:

"any proof of israeli involvement?"

"no, sir."

"any proof that he was actually poisoned?"

"no sir."

"fine....our unanimous verdict is that the great arafat was poisioned by the zionist pigs"

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
The report would have about as much integrity as any American investigations. Dont let the glare from your house ruin your stone throwing ability.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   
subz oh please, stop trying to use the glass house, hypocracy, unfair argument to shut up a valid point, what happens or not elsewhere doesnt matter.

[edit on 6-10-2005 by namehere]

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Hmmm, based on the fair and unbalanced reports that have come out of this Palestinain Authority in the past I'd say we are in for a treat. I predict Israel will be cast free from blame and the Palestinains will say Arafat died of natural causes....... Hmmm wait a minute!

Arafat did nothing for his people. Any chance he did have to do anything, he squandered in my opinion due to his own political ineptitude.

Israel had ample oppertunity to kill him over the years so why would they do it then and there?

I do believe Arafat may have died of AID's. It would explain the hush hush over his death becuase if that one were to come out, it would spell the end of Arafats legend. I don't recall reading one official clear statement saying what it was he died from and have since read some very convincing articles saying what he might have died from. Regardless, good riddance to bad rubbish I say.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Does anyone have any doubt he was poisoned by somebody???

Uh ... yes ... billions of us. Including the French doctors
who were with him when he died.

He was OLD. He was in very poor health. He had a disgusting lifestyle
that included unprotected gay sex with boys whom he raped as well as
reports that he regularly raped his male body guards. Also, he was
stuck in that run down old building for years. All the millions that he
stole from the Palestinians were put in bank accounts in Switzerland
that his wife lived off of and that he didn't have access to so he
certainly couldn't buy proper food, medications, etc.

He died of either old age or AIDS. Of course, the Palestinians will
not be able to accept that. They need a martyr to continue their
operations .... it's good for their 'business'. The truth will not come
from the Palestinians. The French doctors said that he wasn't poisoned.
They also said that he didn't have AIDS. If he had been poisoned they
would have said so. If he died of AIDS, I can see them covering it up
for their good buddies the Palestinians.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
that is an absurd claim....i consider myself very well read and I have never come across anything that ever suggested he raped boys or bodyguards...armed bodyguards? give me a break...whats your source, rush limbraugh, Bill Oreally, Micheal savage or anne coulter? all reputable sources I am sure.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
that is an absurd claim....i consider myself very well read and I have never come across anything that ever suggested he raped boys or bodyguards...armed bodyguards? give me a break...whats your source, rush limbraugh, Bill Oreally, Micheal savage or anne coulter? all reputable sources I am sure.

The trouble with Arafat is he is such a hatefull figure there is always going to propaganda surrounding him. To me the causes of death are anything but clear. There are still a lot of unanswered questions. To me the other Palestinian leaders couldn't get rid of him fast enough. For me it would be more likely that the Palestinains rather than the Israelis killed him.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
This is really ridiculous.
The guy died because he was OLD!
The Palestinians are always looking for ways to continue the violence that rules their lives.

new topics

top topics

join