It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cell Phones to Help You Kick the Habit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 09:11 PM
link   
my girlfriend stoped smoking after i put a firecracker in one of here cigertets so no need for a cell phone

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 09:20 PM
link   
You got it Girrrrl!
My PLEASURE!

I am GLAD you have been through the "loop" ceritonin re-uptake inhibitor loop I mean to say) and come out okay, I've watched friends go NUTZ on those damn things ...

You do what you KNOW will work for YOU!

PEACE...
m...

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 11:12 PM
link   
In a past life when smoking was allowed in the workplace and oral treatments were relatively new where I was at the time, I got onto Nicorettes.

I found that three simultaneous pieces of gum would last two hours before tasting foul, and that when combined with the regular frequency of smoking at the same time, one's alertness and ability to get through the day without falling asleep were significantly enhanced.

Only one method I know that works, so long as you deal with withdrawal through will power:

Fever is high,
Can't see no future,
Can't see no sky.

My feet are so heavy,
So is my head,
I wish I was a baby,
I wish I was dead.

Cold turkey has got me on the run.

My body is aching,
Goose - pimple bone,
Can't see no body,
Leave me alone.

My eyes are wide open,
Can't get to sleep,
One thing I'm sure of,
I'm in at the deep freeze.

Thirty - six hours,
Rolling in pain,
Praying to someone,
Free me again.

Oh I'll be a good boy,
Please make me well,
I promise you anything,
Get me out of this hell.

Oh - , oh - , oh - , oh...

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 11:44 PM
link   
When i light up my occasional cigar, or my cigarette, i know the truth. When i light up, and smoke, the nicotine gives me a buzz. I dont smoke enough to "crave" or "need" a smoke; but either way, that doesn't matter.

I have looked this up in numerous sources and even asked several doctors/professors; when i finish my cigar, the nicotine in my system is only there for about 3 days.
And this is a hint to all you heavy smokers out there, if you can put up with the withdrawl for those days, your technically no longer addicted to the nicotine.

"...no i'm not..." you may say. Well you may think your not, but in reality you are. What your "craving" after the nicotine is gone, is simply the habit. A bad habit, that is almost a reflex; get in your car/truck, grab a cigarette. You know what i mean, theres almost always one time at least that you ALWAYS have your smoke, be it before your shower, after breakfast, on the way to work, what it be.

The fact of the matter is, after the nicotines gone, your not addicted!
So for all those people trying to quit, after the nicotine's out of your system, hold strong to your will, don't give in to the habit.
Best of Luck to those who may need it.

--Lights up a nice cigar--
(sorry to those quitting)
Ahhhh.......

~BWBT~

heres some links to back it up

www.intelihealth.com...
wwwtoolz.com...
serendip.brynmawr.edu...
www.uiowa.edu...

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Some people are just fortunate like that I suppose. I know of two people who have been casual smokers for years. They can go days without smoking, or they can go to the club and smoke 2 packs in 3 hours. Its amazing. I was never so lucky.

[Edited on 10-1-2003 by William One Sac]

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 07:02 PM
link   
What a friggin joke.

trade one cancer causing habit in for another. Brilliant.

Not to mention that cellphones are just annoying period. They cause traffic accidents, poor driving, poor manners, ect. I consider them a bigger nuicanse than smoking.

You think its rude when a smoker lights up in front of you?

I find it rude when a cellphone owner picks up his cellphone and starts talking in the middle of a convo, ignoring you, or making a call. i find cellphones to be rude devices for people with too much time on thier hands!

Seattles first intelligent piece of legislation: banning cellphone use whiole driving within city limits.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join