It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Benny Hinn

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
am I the only who despises this guy and all of his kind?

by kind I mean TV Evangelist..

Fake healers.

Maybe I'm just jealous of that bitching hair

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I am in the same boat as you.
I have yet found any "televangilist" that was not a hypocrite.
Here they are wearing clothes that costs thousands of dollars while pleading with everyone to send money to help them help the poor.
Yeah right!

Remember Oral Roberts? God was going to stirke him dead if he did not raise so many millions to support his cathedral. Hmmmm he is still around but did not raise the money.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
A touch of what God's Word has to say about the Benny Hinn's of the world.

Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Matthew 7:21-23 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

2 Peter 2:1-3 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

Probably not. But I've personally always found great comfort in the words of Benny Hinn. I believe him to be the true inheritor of the Christian Church, a knowledgeable scholar following, practicing and preaching the TRUE doctrines of a Biblical sound life in the footsteps of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and a deeply devout man I would do absolutely anything for.

external image

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Do I detect sarcasm here, RANT?

Benny Hinn, Jerry Falwell, Pat Robertson, and the like give real Christians a bad name.

And who can forget the scandal involving Jim and Tammy Bakker? Gold plumbing, anyone?

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

Uh..... no.

You and The Donald.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   

quote:

You and The Donald.

That's right...I never really noticed before, but they have the same hair style. Benny seems to have more though...

Benny Hinn and his kind make me sick. Hopefully they will get theirs in the next life!

The only TV guy I like and always have is Billy Graham. He seems to be the real deal!!

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Televangelists like Benny, Jim and Tammy, Jerry Falwell, Pat Robertson are typical of many of our species. Not all of them are as ignorant as they appear. Most know better but exibit personalities devoid of character and empathy for others. The prey, in my opinion, on individuals who manifest one of two paychiatric conditions. I have given this some thought and am of the opinion, until someone proves otherwise, that in the absence of two specific personality disorders televangelism would wither and die for lack of money.
There is another human life form as low as a televangelist; it is the typical politician. There are worthy politicians but they are few and are not in charge.
skep

[edit on 14-12-2005 by skep]

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I believe what He does is not from God. It really isn't scriptural to have people fall backwards as an effect of the Holy Spirit. I heard him the other day take a verse out of the Bible and use it to promote prosperity preaching. The trouble is there were 3 or 4 verses after the one he quoted that proved what he was talking about as a lie.

new topics

top topics

join