It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone else seen this lately?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2nd Hand Thoughts

Originally posted by Byrd
13=Thirteen Original Colonies.
[...]

Has anyone into the 13 of this and that ideas gone back past the 13 colonies? Why stop at the 13 colonies as an origin, if that is the point of a theory or idea?

Why "13" colonies and not 12 or 14?

Any history professors out there?

Yes, historian here. Let's take the two topics in this question one at a time, shall we?

13 has a long history of being an unlucky number that dates back to a time long before the Friday the 13th superstition. This one, by the way, dates to the mass arrests of the Templars by Philip the Fair (an innapropriate sobriquet on so many levels).

13 is unlucky to the Romans and the Vikings. The Romans somehow equated this number as a harbinger of catastrophe. The Vikings had a problem with 13 due to the legend of the death of Baldur. It was the 13th visitor to a feast that shot the arrow of mistletoe. The Old Testament is rife with references to the number 13, and the references are always dire. And - of course - there is the New Testament accounts of the 13 apostles at the Last Supper.
Why 13? Frankly I have no idea. I also have no idea how Brittany Spears got so popular, but I don't think she's the Antichrist or harbinger of things dire and desperate. Unless I have to listen to her, of course. That's dire and desperate...

Why 13 colonies? Well, the British colonies in North America had pretty much divveyed up the available land and formed colonial governments, later to become states. Parliament forbade any expansion west across the Apppalachians, the Spanish controlled Florida - there was just no more room for new colonies. If there were, there likely would have been more. It took very little time after the war for a rush of new territories and states in the late 18th and early 19th centuries.

Man is a creature that craves patterns and connections. If we can make links, we will. Much like the folding dollar trick to create the burning World Trade center. Is that a prediction of the disaster? Of course not. Given enough time and interest, people can pretty much make anything fit the mold they desire. I have no doubt that it were the Sears Tower or the Empire State building, someone would have found some folding trick to make this a self-fufilling prophecy.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Just thinking about dollar folding.

If I have to fold more than four times I leave it to the Japanese. However, drawing a triangle over a triangle or drawing a pentagram to get MASONS is different. I like that one.

AND NO ONE CAN TELL ME ANY DIFFERENT!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I am into Manley Hall to and Cabbalah, so I will give the Cabbalistic meanings of 13.FWIW

13[prime]-The 13th Path is between Kether and Tiphareth and corresponds to Gimel--[new moon symbol here.]
The Sephiroth of the Pillar of Mercy are 2+4+7 =13
Atomic number of aluminum.
Aggadah-Legend, tale, a type of presentation in the Talmud.
Ahbah-Love, Beloved.
Achad-One, Unity.
Bohu-Waste, void.
Hadad-A King of Edom
Gi-The second two letters of the 42-letter name of God.
Zabad-Son of Shimeath who collaborated in the slaying of King Joash of Judah.
Ziv-Glory, splendor..

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I found the reference to the last supper and thirteen people being somewhat interesting. Be it me looking for a connection or not it seems like something symbolic that a secret organization would get off on. After all the united states was predicted by nostradamus to have lost faith in god and so did judas the thirteenth member of the dinner because he would be ranked the lowest in honour because of his disbelief. Seems the untied truth of it is the symbols have meanings that influence the masses subconciously into a certain idealism such as the disbelief in god. Notice that most muslims in arabia pray to allah everyday and very few people i meat every day here even go to sunday mass let alone pray unless they are in dire consequences and begging for mercy. Oh and the templars thing was a good add-in!

My two cents worth.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Whoa I never knew that about Judas! I was just reading how the gnostic text by Judas was soon to be public. Makes you wonder if these gnostic texts are brought out by time for certain reasons??

Originally posted by Magickesists
I found the reference to the last supper and thirteen people being somewhat interesting. Be it me looking for a connection or not it seems like something symbolic that a secret organization would get off on. After all the united states was predicted by nostradamus to have lost faith in god and so did judas the thirteenth member of the dinner because he would be ranked the lowest in honour because of his disbelief. Seems the untied truth of it is the symbols have meanings that influence the masses subconciously into a certain idealism such as the disbelief in god. Notice that most muslims in arabia pray to allah everyday and very few people i meat every day here even go to sunday mass let alone pray unless they are in dire consequences and begging for mercy. Oh and the templars thing was a good add-in!

My two cents worth.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
The 13 arrows signify the original 13 colonies. It doesn't mean Bush is evil or the antichrist or anything like that..that flag has been like that for a long long time..way before Bush was elected president..

And it doens't mean peace or war either...it just signifies the 13 colonies.I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but come on, give me a break. I know this is a conspiracy theory website/message board, but please..use a little judgement when posting..It makes me sick to think that there are that many people that dispise the current government, you all look like terrorists anyway, with some of the stuff you are saying.

Was everyone this dissatisfied with Clinton was in office? Oh, that's right, you probably weren't...because Clinton was the BEST!.. pfft..best if you admire someone for screwing a White House intern in the oval office, getting caught and then lieing about it on national TV, oh yeah..should I mention White Water, in which 2 people either died or commited suicide because of their involvment. oh yeah..the person most deeply rooted in it, is now a state senator from NY. Can you dopes figure that one out? Oh yeah..SHE is now being touted as a strong candidate for being elected president, should I mention all the drug parties Slick Willy had at the white house, how about the out right draft dodging he did by having someone in the senate write a letter to the white house saying he was a "pacifist" and couldn't go to war, then, shipping himself to England, so he could become a Rhodes Scholar. He was too much of a pussy to go to war.

And yes I know, Bush was in the reserves when he was to go to war, at least he was there, and tried to help how ever he could.

Ugg...thank god this will be my only post here.

Edit: Insults removed. As this will be your only post I guess I don't have to tell you that this type of posting is not tollerated here.

[edit on 26-9-2006 by intrepid]

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Well, the 13 arrows remind me of the ancient Roman symbol for "fascism" - the bundle of sticks. Don't know if this is significant, but...look where our country is now.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Message to Condoleeza Rice:

Please stop posting here under the name "rob71771". Thanks.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
13 refers to the 13 federal reserve banks and the 13 private owners of those banks that pretty much run this mother. Maybe the descendants of the 13 people at christ's last supper? haha nah

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   
The thirteen arrows were decided upon during the making of the flag. They just represent the thirteen original colonies.

Anything added is just to make it more interesting

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Um, guys? Of course there are 13 people in the painting of the last supper - 12 disciples and Christ himself. Right? I looked at that painting several times and that's what I see - I don't see a 13th disciple... (would that be Rufus?
)

Never mind that this is indeed a painting, and that (hypothetically assuming the bible to be true) Christ and all of the disciples most certainly weren't typical caucasians - they were middle-eastern and dark-skinned. And all had short hair - long was not acceptable at the time. Perhaps most importantly, Christ looked like everyone else - when they came to arrest him, they had to ask which one was him - he didn't look any different than the people of the time.

But I digress...

At any rate, there may be something to the 13 arrows showing on the flag, but I'm willing to leave it at chance personally...

M74

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2nd Hand Thoughtsor drawing a pentagram to get MASONS is different. I like that one.
It's supposed to be a hexagram (six points) including the eye over the pyramid, but if you actually trace it out, it doesn't quite fit right. Two of the letters aren't included, they aren't spaced right. It's bull#, too, just like all the other tricks with the dollar.

By the way, is there supposed to be some kind of "evil" connotation to a hexagram? Isn't the Star of David, the primary Jewish symbol, technically a hexagram? Why would that diagram be perceived as something bad (such as when used in the dollar trick)?

Edit: Also, there were TWELVE disciples. Not thirteen. Except for, as mentioned above, Rufus. A brother can never catch a break.

[edit on 1/10/2007 by M74]

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2nd Hand Thoughts
You should always be on the lookout for the Yellow-Fringed-Flags which are apparently very mysterious and this is why certain secret social societies favor them.

I wish you had pasted some pictures up. You could be onto something. Anything is possible these days.

I thought that yellow or gold fringed flags were only for naval courts? Aparently in a court setting someone could (however I doubt that it has ever worked) have a case thrown out because the flag in the courtroom has said fringe. Thereby announcing that it is a naval court and not a civil or criminal court.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
There were 13 colonies at the beginning of the American Revolution, which became the first states in the USA (the main reason why the number is so prevalent in United States culture). There is no symbolism behind the number in the case of the colonies themselves, because it's not as if the colonists founded 13 colonies from the very beginning. It started as just one, which later became two, and so on as people immigrated and reproduced (territories were typically divided depending on various demographic factors of the area's population). The colonists didn't decide to "stop" at 13, they just didn't have time to found any more once the war got started. By the time the war was over, the USA became an independent nation. Therefore, no more colonies.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
Well, the 13 arrows remind me of the ancient Roman symbol for "fascism" - the bundle of sticks. Don't know if this is significant, but...look where our country is now.

The Fasces is a Roman symbol of authority, which the fasc-ists = authoritarians used many centuries later (may have been used in intervening years as well?..)

The Mercury-head dimes used to have the fasces on the reverse of the coin.

Speaking of the symbolism of 13 -- look at any of the "snake-flags" ("Don't Tread On Me") -- the original Navy Jack and the Gadsden flag -- each serpent has thirteen rattles. Count them!

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Sorry I only skimped this thread, but could it be related to the 13 bloodlines of the illuminati?

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Selmer2
Sorry I only skimped this thread, but could it be related to the 13 bloodlines of the illuminati?

You know, by golly, it COULD be indeed.

Please elaborate on these 13 bloodlines as this is a new one on me.

I'd love to hear more.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Appak

Originally posted by Selmer2

You know, by golly, it COULD be indeed.

Please elaborate on these 13 bloodlines as this is a new one on me.

I'd love to hear more.

The "illuminatus" has been with us since the beginning of the mankind. It is my assumption all evil has been spawned or manifested by anyone member of these bloodlines. The bloodlines have been calculated and planned throughout history with the use of both incest and normal marriage.

www.thewatcherfiles.com...

Im sure your aware of the reverse symbol on your one dollar bill?

en.wikipedia.org...

How about the reverse seal of your goverment?

en.wikipedia.org...

The architecture of the white house in relation to masonic temples and icons a very REAL nightmare indeed!

cuttingedge.org...

Unfortunately your lovely 'American government' (and I used to love it also before I found out its true intentions) is very different from the people it governs you, your military and all moral and free loving people.

Your first president was masonic
And your last one will be also

Is the NWO real? Yes

Has it peaked? No

How is it real? 80% of your population is already below the poverty line.

2 things to find out about:

1. The term 'white house' refers to lucifier.

2. Terrorism is the best known example of a 'paradox'

God Bless

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman
Take it for what it's worth, but here's something I found interesting:

from: The Secret Teachings of All Ages, by Manly P. Hall, p.282 (p. 90 according to the link, but 282 in the actual book in front of me.
)

The significance of the mystical number 13, which frequently appears upon the Great Seal of the United States, is not limited to the number of the original colonies. The sacred emblem of the ancient initiates, here composed of 13 stars,, also appears above the head of the "eagle." The motto, E Pluribus Unum, contains 13 letters, as does also the inscription, Annuit Cœptis. The "eagle" clutches in its right talon a branch bearing 13 leaves and 13 berries and in its left a sheaf of 13 arrows. The face of the pyramid, exclusive of the panel containing the date, consists of 72 stones arranged in 13 rows.

To add on...

forum.chambermusik.com...

Peace,

Gomer is hebrew for completion, which represents Beauty.
Oz is hebrew for Strength
Dabar is hebrew for word, which represents Wisdom.

This is how you get Wisdom, Strength and Beauty from Gomer Oz Dabar.

As an acronym you get G.O.D.

And:

Tiphereth(Beauty/Equality), Geburah(Strength/Power) and Chokmah(Wisdom of course) respectively, if you do the Supreme Math.

Which add-up to 13 by-the-way, which reminds us of the Thirteen AEons of the Platonist Tree of Life(including the three 'divisions' of AIN-SOPH/AMEN), or the Thirteen Katuns of the Mayan calendar.

Implied by some to be the three most important Spheres of The Three Pillars of the Tree of Life.

May or may not be the most objective info; but noteworthy and interesting to say the least:

Hidden Life in Freemasonry by CW Leadbeater

And:

To add-on some more, the corresponding Kabbalistic Tarot Cards; if anyone's interested:

Beauty(Equality)

Strength(Power)

Wisdom(Wisdom)

About The 13 AEons or Katuns already mentioned:

...Mem is related to death, the thirteenth hour. Resurrection cannot be achieved if there is no death. Liberation occurs in the thirteenth hour of Apollonius. Absolute repentance means The Absolute death of the Ego, the Thirteen Arcanum.

The twelve doors of mercy are the twelve zodiacal signs, the twelve worlds or twelve supra-sensible planes. Liberation occurs in the Thirteenth Door, through it one enters into the Absolute, the Ain.

The Paramarthasattyas, (cognizant particles that breathe the abstract essence of this water's fathomless Abyss) exist within this abstract absolute cognizance, this profound ocean without light, this abstract absolute space, the Ain. Each Paramarthasattya is a flow, a spark, a drop that reveals wisdom within the abstract atmosphere of the fathomless abyss, the Ain.

This Absolute Cognizance withdraws its abstract insight wisdom into the universe by means of a primary point or Iod that emerges from within the Mem (Schamayim); this wisdom is substantially expressed in the 31 attributes of mercy that become developed through the Self-realization of the 13 Eons in the Zauir Anpin.

The 13 self-realized Eons in the Zauir Anpin are: Ain, Ain Soph, Ain Soph Aur, Kether, Chokmah, Binah, Chesed, Geburah, Tiphereth, Netzach, Hod, Yesod and Malkuth.

Kabbalistic quantities refer to esoteric ages within the consciousness of the Initiate; these refer to esoteric time. Esoteric time is sacred; this is related to states or levels of consciousness and has nothing to do with profane chronological time.

100 years old refers to Malkuth, 200 to Yesod and so on… when the initiate reaches Kether he is 1000 years old. When the initiate reaches the age of 1000 esoteric years he prepares himself for his resurrection and enters into the Kingdom of Adam Kadmon. As a Resurrected Master he completely develops all of the 13 Eons and thus becomes an Aeon that enters into the Absolute as a Paramarthasatya...

So, to ascend the Tree of Life is to incarnate the attributes of G.O.D.

To ascend from Tiphereth to have the Marriage of the Human Soul(Lancelot/Tiphereth/Beauty) with the Divine Soul(Guinevere/Geburah/Strength); and then on to incarnate the Christ(Chokmah, Wisdom).

Originally posted by Masonic Light
Message to Condoleeza Rice:

Please stop posting here under the name "rob71771". Thanks.

lol

Yeah, no one is falling for that pseudo-intellectual Republican VS Democrat nonsense(or at least I hope not).

Besides, we all know that this country isn't a true Republic, nor is it a true Democracy.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by The Axeman

we share a family crest.
you forgot 13 crystal skulls
13 with regard to the mayan calendar
the importance of 13 to the predecessors of the masons.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join