It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SPY at Whitehouse!!! BREAKING!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I understand that SportyMB. I was simply stating in someones mind, how they could justify doing someting totally wrong, and blame it on a higher officer. Look to Nazi Germany...'I WAS ONLY FOLLOWING ORDERS" Which may be true, but it does not justify to the law, even if it justifies it in your own mind.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Since he is a retired marine does that oath still count?

Anyway, this is probably the least of concerns regarding this story.

A possible motivation for becoming a spy is $500,000 in debts, mostly mortgages on rental properties.

Half a million is worth treason?

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   

No...I don't think so. But he still signed a non-disclosure agreement stating that he will not compromise classified material...and that's a life ling agreement.

He can still be court-martialed....he probably will be. He'll be put back on active duty status and then tried at whatever rank he was when he got out.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Anyway, this is probably the least of concerns regarding this story.

Er, what? Least of his problems? he's got a possible death sentence over his head now. And considering that the phillipines is a front on the WoT, he might be in for some serious interrogating.

Worth Treason? For a Benedict Arnold, sure.

His marine oath is irrelevant, he's a US citizen, and therefore bound not to break the law.

[edit on 5-10-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Nygdan - That is what we are saying....with the possiblility of a death penalty and everything else, the LEAST of his problems is deciding weather or not he broke his code-his oath, he is facing treason, the oath charge will be nothing, thats what was being said.

[edit on 5-10-2005 by 12 12 2012]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I never said the least of his problems. This guys punishment is the least of concerns. What about the effect this whole situation will have on your country?

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Being retired from the military doesn't absolve you of your oath, you still have a military ID card (just says "Retired" now), access to military bases, your benefits are provided by military personnel (like healthcare) when on base, and by the DoD (VA) when off. You are still subject to recall (just ask those 70 year old Gunners Mates who had to go back on active duty to get the USS New Jersey & Iowa back online in the 80's).

The big changes are you can sleep in, you don’t have to get your hair cut, you don’t have to salute, uniforms are traded in for bad combinations of plaids and stipes (socks and sandals get you bonus points at the PX
).. Let “freedom” ring…

Yes sir... You're still on the hook.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Duty schmooty. There is no possible scenario. I wonder if he kept a straight face when he said this:

In 2000, Aragoncillo worked on the staff of then-Vice President Al Gore. When interviewed by Philippine television, he remarked how valued Philippine employees were at the White House.

"I think what they like most is our integrity and loyalty," Aragoncillo said.

Hang 'em high.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12 12 2012
I understand that SportyMB. I was simply stating in someones mind, how they could justify doing someting totally wrong, and blame it on a higher officer. Look to Nazi Germany...'I WAS ONLY FOLLOWING ORDERS" Which may be true, but it does not justify to the law, even if it justifies it in your own mind.

I believe that defense resulted in the hanging of a great number of those "soldiers following orders." The Nuremberg Trials, and the subsequent trials that followed, not to mention the trials that came of the "Nazi Hunters" firmly established that such a defense may be proffered, but you'll still swing at the end of the day.

Hang em.

Dismissed.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
All Federal Employees take an oath very similar to the oath of enlistment.

I'll pull the trigger on this guy.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   
From what I've read, this guy passed at least 101 documents to a former police/military guy from the philippines. I have not read that the secrets have been sold, so let's look at it in a more nationalistic light. This isn't like selling secrets to russia.

Have you seen the philippines lately? It's a den of poverty and human slave trading. If there is any truth to the reported secret high-level policy of the USA to destabilize third-world countries (as detailed in John Perkin's book "Confessions of an Economic Hitman"), then one can assume this has been done to the philippines.

Ever heard of munchausen syndrome? Where a mother will slowly poison her own child so as to use the child for attention or whatever? Personally, I see this "espionage" similar to an ill child conspiring to find out if mama's pouring arsenic into the soup.

I've known several filipinos and they are very loyal to their culture. It should be expected that a person would commit espionage to find out if their country is being scrapped or perhaps guided toward military rule.

Officials say the classified material, which Aragoncillo stole from the vice president's office, included damaging dossiers on the president of the Philippines. He then passed those on to opposition politicians planning a coup in the Pacific nation.

abcnews.go.com...

[edit on 5-10-2005 by smallpeeps]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I would just like to remind those so patriotic as to cry for his execution that in this country one is innocent until proven guilty, and that you are all acting as though he has already been convicted.

Even if guilty, though, I don't believe in execution. What I believe is, of course, irrelevant. I just felt compelled to say it anyway. I know not wanting a fellow human being (which is a bond that supersedes nationality in my opinion) to die isn't in vogue, though, so away shall I go from this thread lest I have a hit put out on me for being "unpatriotic."

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04
I would just like to remind those so patriotic as to cry for his execution that in this country one is innocent until proven guilty, and that you are all acting as though he has already been convicted.

Even if guilty, though, I don't believe in execution. What I believe is, of course, irrelevant. I just felt compelled to say it anyway. I know not wanting a fellow human being (which is a bond that supersedes nationality in my opinion) to die isn't in vogue, though, so away shall I go from this thread lest I have a hit put out on me for being "unpatriotic."

He has confessed to espionage. What more do you want?

As for the fact that he is "human", what does that have to do with it? I'm sure you know the rest of the arguments I would use. I'll just stop here.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   

A possible motivation for becoming a spy is $500,000 in debts, mostly mortgages on rental properties.

Half a million is worth treason?

That would seem like a clear motive. Everyone has their price.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
I assure you, nothing supercedes the oath in the United States Marine Corps.

Yeah Right Mirthful.

Thanks to the MILGRAM’S EXPERIMENTS we all know wearing a Uniform makes you a hero...
Here's a good example of that inherent loyalty in action...

And Various Others.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join