It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blair Denies Iraq Pull Out Date

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Prime Minister Tony Blair has denied reports that British soldiers will start withdrawing from Iraq next May. Any exit strategy "depends on the job being done", he told BBC's Sunday AM. However, Defence Secretary John Reid has hinted the handover to Iraqi forces - followed by the gradual withdrawal of UK troops - could begin next year.

news.bbc.co.uk
Mr Blair also said he had not expected the "ferocity" with which elements in the Middle East would try to disrupt the political process.

But he said despite insurgents infiltrating the Iraqi police force and the escalating violence in the country, he would have made the same decision to invade Iraq.

"There is no doubt in my mind at all that what is happening in Iraq now is crucial for the future of our own security, never mind the security of Iraq or the greater Middle East," he added.

Reports in the Observer newspaper suggested that Britain had already "privately" informed Japan of its plans to begin withdrawing from southern Iraq next May.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Although i hate to see our boys fighting the never ending battle against the insurgents, i do not believe it is time to withdraw yet!

I was behind Blair when he invaded alongside the US and i am still behind him now!

[edit on 10/12/05 by FredT]

new topics

join