It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Experts Fear Russia-China Axis.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Thats if india joins the US in their own axis.

Russian wouldn't stay by itself but find its own ally

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   
India will not join any axis..
Dependancy is weakness..I don't think Russia and China are forming any military axis..

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
regardless of what the cheapest way is, there are many space agencies (cough) that won't do it the cheapest way because of the interests invovled.

There has been in fact a well reserched way of doing it for under 20 Billion dollars yet why isn't NASA supprting it yet? Because buildng up the infastructure for a massive 450B$ Battlestar would create a lot more jobs and make alot more money for various aerospace industries.

Why? Because as long as there's noone to worry about NASA and others wil take their time.

However if there's a rival who by doing it the cheap and efficient way will get there first, you'll also go the cheap and efficient way.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Its irrelevent if half of those guns are in the hands of individuals or not, guns aren't just magically bought, they have to be built.

By A facilitating a loan to build a mine, the tools for the mine, to train the workers for the mine, to begin mining, to build the orads for the mine, to train the workers for the road, money to repair the road, then there's the money needed to build the factories for the trucks etc etc etc.

America's Military Industrial Complex is atm costing you more then what it is making and in the long wrong will COLLAPSE your economy, with TRILLIONS of dollars in debt you are at the point where you have to cutback your spending or raise taxes.

And last time I checked Bush cut taxes for the people you actually had the ability to pay those taxes hmm...

Bush is cuting spending... for healthcare, for welfare, for your education system... for everything that could in the long run support the training and the supplying of a population with technical skills needed to support a first world nation.

Russia got spent to death by spending billions of dollars on a massive heavy handed military that was getting bogged down by its very size. And a nuclear deterent that was never tested and could never be proven if it would ever work.

America has bases around the world and tax dollars billions of tax dollars are going into maintaining them.

You've invested billions into an airforce that no matter what it can possibly do, it can't and could never win a ground war.

Eventually, you'll realize how ridiculas it is to maintain such a huge military when its costing you your economic future.

"We had the room full of candles and we knew it would last the night but oh, how it made such a pretty light"

six

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Middle Kingdom.. It it apparent that you do not have a complete understanding of how a free market economy works. Business have to sometimes spend more than what they are taking in to compete ( ie repair or build infrastructure , new technologies etc. ) Maybe Bush is cutting spending to those programs that you mentioned because they can be run better by the private sector than the goverment. Not something that the Chinese goverment is known for doing. You are talking about how much the U.S. is spending. What is your goverment doing for the millions of underprivalged in your country? Eventually that problem will also have to be addressed and I would be willing to bet that the solution isnt going to be as cheap as you think.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Middle Kingdom, Another thing you over look is that Americans have an extreme desire to stay the best. We've grown accustom to our ways and we like it. Therefore, our economy isn't going to collaopse like the Soviets. How did we win WWII when we were coming out of a depression? Perseverence! Our government asked its people to invest in war bonds to pull funds and we did in great numbers. We will do it again. Rememeber, America has three of the five biggest economies in the world. (US, New York, Los Angeles) We ain't going nowhere unless God wants us to.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rren

posted by six:

I cant remember where I read it, but there were alot of other international observers also that included the US and some of its allies.

I've done a cursory search and can find nothing to back that statement up yet. While i'm sure the powers that be (U.S. and allies) were monitoring the exercise, i'm not sure if they were there to witness it first hand.

I think that the Russians were there in a observational capacity.

The story i linked said that russian troops and equipment were involved in the exercise. So i don't think that your contention, they were there in a strictly "observational capacity", fits the facts. At least so far as i'm aware.

Although that scenario of the Russians and Chinese being allies is a little conserning.

Agreed, especially if it's an effort to counter U.S. political, financial, and military power. Could very well be the beginning of a new 'cold war' imo.

I thought that they were constantly at odds with one another over some territory.

There was(is?) a border dispute which i believe has been settled. Russia and China officially resolved their border dispute
Or perhaps you're thinking of Japan which has territorial disputes with China(Japan Relationships with China) and S. Korea(The Issue of Takeshima)?

posted by Senser
russian-chino axis is a response to americas quest for world dominance.

I don't agree with your statement that America is on a "quest for world dominance", but it's only a matter of time before some country(ies) steps up to challenge us as the only global superpower.

posted by ulshadow
....with hugh leeps in tech. espically space tech....

Indeed a "race to Mars" is in order.
If a goverment is going to do it this could certainly be the catalyst.

yes yes, WWIII bring it on!!!!

No, no. There is a pretty good chance if there is a WWIII there will be no world left. As they say, be carefull what you wish for.

Its simple, just have to look at an ape pack with one dominant male.
He ruled the most of the time but now he looks arround and sees other potencial threats to his leadership.Now he takes precautions in the devolopments of these figures to preserve his dominance.
USA is the dominant leader right now but sees China as a threat and therefore tries to hinder its economic development that is a crucial criteria.
Russia thinks the dominantleader is too aggressive in pursuing dominance and will side with its rival to insure it doesnt become too dominant and in time will become strong enough to claim the thrown.

Thats it in a nutshell, we dont act that much different then apes with regards to power.

Hence are DNA only is 0,5 % different, technological evolution was great but we are still the same as the caveman of our history

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
europe us vs russia and china....vs all others.....hmm interesting. anyway me and my friends are gunna go play the board game risk now....ill keep ya updated as to how that turns out and then we will watch to see what happens on news lol j/p

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join