It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Experts Fear Russia-China Axis.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Spacewar.com

Recent joint military exercises between Russia and China have prompted fears that a new axis is emerging in Asia.
There is a real possibility of a sharp deterioration in Sino-American relations, Igor Zevelev, Washington bureau chief for Russia's RIA-Novosti news agency told United Press International.

If the Bush administration misinterpreted Chinese signals of self-assertion as belligerent expansionism, then the prospect of a new hostility between the United States and China reminiscent of the Cold War was not far off, he said.

...snip...

The war games involved nearly 10,000 troops including 1,800 Russian military personnel, scores of advanced aircraft including Russian TU-95 and TU-22 heavy bombers, which can carry cruise missiles, and army, navy, air force, marine, airborne, and logistics units from both countries.

The nature of the exercises, involving amphibious landings on a theoretically hostile coast and mass drops of more than a thousand paratroops, raised some concerns that they were a dress rehearsal for a possible future Chinese invasion of Taiwan

...snip...

Most important, though, was North Korea, Feldman said. "Any account of these exercises must consider the Korean dimension," he said.

North Korea is currently locked in international negotiations, aimed at persuading its government to halt its nuclear weapons program.

"The missing factor that should not be overlooked is that if negotiations break down, the United States might intervene," said Blank, suggesting that 'Peace Mission 2005' was meant as a deterrent to American involvement in the region.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Apparently this story was mostly overlooked by the U.S. media. Between the hurricane(s) and the supreme court nomination/nominee this one has seemed to slip under the radar.

This is cause for concern for Taiwan and N. Korea, as well as the U.S. I know i'll be keeping my eye on it. What do you guys think? China and Russia combined may very well be too much for the U.S. to handle, if of course it should come to that.

six

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I cant remember where I read it, but there were alot of other international observers also that included the US and some of its allies. I think that the Russians were there in a observational capacity. Although that scenario of the Russians and Chinese being allies is a little conserning. I thought that they were constantly at odds with one another over some territory.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I be happier if there is a russia-china axis. give the US a good challange an dmaybe another cold war
with hugh leeps in tech. espically space tech.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
russian-chino axis is a response to americas quest for world dominance.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senser

and the Russian and Chinese alliance is like trying to be another replacement for world domination if it defeats America right? hmmm i wonder...

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   

yes yes, WWIII bring it on!!!!
but... i would leave it to the europeans to start another world war

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
So Europe and the US Vs. Russia and China, the WWIII conspirators must be having a field day.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   

posted by six:

I cant remember where I read it, but there were alot of other international observers also that included the US and some of its allies.

I've done a cursory search and can find nothing to back that statement up yet. While i'm sure the powers that be (U.S. and allies) were monitoring the exercise, i'm not sure if they were there to witness it first hand.

I think that the Russians were there in a observational capacity.

The story i linked said that russian troops and equipment were involved in the exercise. So i don't think that your contention, they were there in a strictly "observational capacity", fits the facts. At least so far as i'm aware.

Although that scenario of the Russians and Chinese being allies is a little conserning.

Agreed, especially if it's an effort to counter U.S. political, financial, and military power. Could very well be the beginning of a new 'cold war' imo.

I thought that they were constantly at odds with one another over some territory.

There was(is?) a border dispute which i believe has been settled. Russia and China officially resolved their border dispute
Or perhaps you're thinking of Japan which has territorial disputes with China(Japan Relationships with China) and S. Korea(The Issue of Takeshima)?

posted by Senser

I don't agree with your statement that America is on a "quest for world dominance", but it's only a matter of time before some country(ies) steps up to challenge us as the only global superpower.

posted by ulshadow
....with hugh leeps in tech. espically space tech....

Indeed a "race to Mars" is in order.
If a goverment is going to do it this could certainly be the catalyst.

yes yes, WWIII bring it on!!!!

No, no. There is a pretty good chance if there is a WWIII there will be no world left. As they say, be carefull what you wish for.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I'ld say that some of you are taking this too seriously, Russia and China have been hostile over some territory and over other issues during the cold war, which allowed the one china policy to come about in the first place, this is just the beginning of a series of efforts to improve international ties and trade, no different then what Canada and America does on a regular basis.

As for the WWIII scenario, it is highly odubtful that there ever could be a WWIII even if only on the conventional level considering the strategic implications of the distances involved, the technological level involved, the logistics, and the economic situation of Russia and China; Russia is still recovering from the collapse and has since then reduced and cut military spending and concentrated on eliminating corruption, converstion to a market economy and build up of infastructure.

China is concentrating on economic growth so that we can reach our rightful place in the world for when America steps down. And step down it will, for foreign hostility to the War on Terror, the domestic unpopularity with American "NeoCon" interventionist policies, and the rising gargantuan international and domestic debt can only lead to an internal economic collapse whose only solution is to reduce military spending heavily probably 75%, since cutting social projects, enviromentalism projects, welfare, healthcare and other social stuff if continued to be cut and its effectiveness to help the poor continues to be cut the only result will be dissent for the "current" (as in not nessasarily the Bush admin) administration and the only popular policy both at home and abroad will be to cut military spending.

Tired of a large military, tired of interventionist governments, and tired of their political freedoms being stepped on, and finally tired of being the "World Police" the American people will retreat once more into isolationalism, and will gladly give up its super carrier fleet for peace.

All this in 20 years I garantee you.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
The Middle Kingdom are you really in the BeiJing Military academy? If you are then wow, its a pretty convincing grasp of english you got there.

George Bush is America's biggest enemy, one more imbecile like him and America would in ruins. That is all I have to say.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   

George Bush is America's biggest enemy, one more imbecile like him and America would in ruins. That is all I have to say.

Why because he doesn't give Top Secret military info to the Chinese like the last great president we had?

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Russia does not fully trust China and I doubt it ever will. Thats just too many people on a land border.Theres a reason the USSR use to give out medals to mothers who have raised six children or more.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Shadow, they aren't best buddies because they trust etch other, they are just cooperating with one another because of convenience. Just like the old saying, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I agree but a lack of trust can definalty hurt a alliance.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I don't know any sane american that would condone the reduction of the millitary.If a large portion of america got scared of being invaded, we would all buy guns and ammo, or directly join the army.Look at how everyone spazed out over terrorists, just think of what would happen if the enemy had a face/name.If our borders were invaded, and we were losing....a few hundred nukes would get launched as a big F U.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordBaskettIV
.If a large portion of america got scared of being invaded, we would all buy guns and ammo

We already got the guns there some 630 million in the world and 200 million of them are in the USA

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 04:48 AM
link   

It's not a quest if you've already achieved the goal.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
ok, say you buy another 200 millions guns.... and go bankrupt.

Its irrelevent how much a country wants something if your economy collapses. There's a reason why the USSR collapsed and it was because it was SPENT TO DEATH, and America now can't give up its weapons because your own gargantuan bearocracy deters you until you'll be forced to.

How much can a tank help you if you can't buy the oil to run it?

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Middle Kingdom
ok, say you buy another 200 millions guns.... and go bankrupt.

Its irrelevent how much a country wants something if your economy collapses. There's a reason why the USSR collapsed and it was because it was SPENT TO DEATH,

Um that number is guns in Private hands bought by private citizens. So it really has nothing to do with how the goverment spends its money or if it goes bankrupt.

The USSR didnt go broke because its citizens were spending too much money.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 02:13 AM
link   
No Russia-china alliance "against" the USA..
India won't allow it..
contrary to popular belief India has a lot of sway with Russia and will not any alliance of this sort.

And no race to mars..Otherwise we'll get there in 2100..
The best/fastest/cheapest way is a joint mission..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join