It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Minutes Of Silence to Save Our World!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
In a world where it is increasingly difficult to make things happen, this may be all that humanity has as a final resort to stopping the insanity in this world.

this is taken directly from adbusters.org

We know warfare, tyranny, and strife. We have pitted neighbor against neighbor, tribe against tribe, nation against nation, and faith against faith. We have seen tensions rise. We have seen hatred boil over. And we have seen peace won at terrible costs. Now we are faced with a global conflict that is so nebulous, so ill-defined and ill-conceived, that it may never end. All we are told is that there is our side, and there is the other side. That our way of life is at stake, and we must triumph at all costs. As the coffins multiply, we grieve our own losses. But the horror of neverending war brings with it the chance for a truly global resistance.
And so we will create a new side – the side that wants to understand, the side that seeks out the root causes of our struggle, the side that will triumph over conflict itself.
We will devise a ritual to transcend the double-standard of grief, to transform their dead into our dead, and our dead into theirs. And then we will challenge those around us to do the same. Two minutes is all that we need for this global ritual of reconciliation. On November 11th, fall silent for two minutes in honor of all innocent victims – in London, in Afghanistan, in New York, in Iraq, in Chechnya, in Madrid. Two minutes of silence, of remembrance, of reflection, to consider the choices that we have made and the path we will follow into the future.

I commit two minutes of silence on Nov 11th 2005!!

[ 3714 signatories ] and growing

ADBUSTERS.ORG

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I commited more than two minutes everyday. More or less asking for light of what to belive in anymore.

Anywho good topic. I thought of something along the lines last night.

I thought ok just say we have a second coming of christ or maybe Shiva comes up to destroy the world or Allah slaps the crap out of earthly infidels I thought how can man vs god help save the state it is in or going. My thought ended in "good thought john who the hecks nows is your guess"
I said well anything is possible so I will do this solo.....but I am not sure what! Heck big business can pull off some master trickery but with business maybe if my simple brain can think of a master plan. ahhh I dream but at least they are my dreams....

new topics

join