It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children and the ability to see spirits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
My daughter is four years old and I heard her have a conversation with an imaginary friend the other day.

My niece however used to have conversations that involved more then just play, as in arguing with the "friend". My sister laughs about it now but a lot of kids go through this phase of talking with imaginary friends.

I felt there was a difference between the two though. I was talking to my sister about it and my Neice is a lot older now and does not even recall it.

I have seen two people die before and to me there was a point within about ten minutes to a half hour where the body was no longer the person I had known previously and was now an empty shell, it felt like something had left the body. The two people were both in hospital, one was a relative.

I find that I these events made me see a spiritual side to life but I do not find my self going to church over it.

I watch my daughter at play now, or when my son is scared at night and wonder if kids can really see something. I don't recall anything like it?

Just wondering if anyone elses kids have experienced this?

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
My older sister (who had some marked psychic abilities as a child, as I myself did) had at least three imaginary friends when she was two and three years old back in Massachusetts :

One of them she insisted was called TEETSIE and the other one she said was called HANKA; I can't recall the name of the third one, but she described them to be gnome like (i.e. covered in a bark like skin with brown and green leafy-leaves) humanoid in shape with thick set bodies, large brown eyes around 2 1/2 to 3 feet in height (and height-weight proportional to say, chubby children) and like to jump over walls and climb trees for some reason.

She claimed they appeared solid and that she could not "see through" them like a ghost or "spirit" etc. and that they liked to make sounds like they were laughing and giggling alot. They also could "talk with their eyes, without moving their mouths".

If there exists an evolutionary progression on our planet's 3rd dimension of reality :

i.e. from minerals to bacteria to protists to plant life etc. to insects to crustaceans etc. to reptiles to birds to mammals to man to (alien creatures ) ??? etc.

Perhaps (if the astral plane or other planes of existence really do encircle our planet and all the other trillions of planets in all the hundreds of billions of star systems in all the thousands of millions of galaxies out there) there is also a parallel evolutionary progression of what we would call "sprit" creatures,

e.g. from the elementals to faeys (or "fairies"), to gnomes, to sprites & divas & salamanders, to daemons-angels to archangels, to MetaTrons etc. etc.

What my sister apparently thought she was talking to an watching dance around appear to be under the general heading of "earth bound gnomes" (?) who seem to look (apart from the skin) and act a little like children, and seem to have a lot of playful energy.

What struck me is that "they" apparently told her their names !

Where could she have made up TEETSIE and HANKA etc. I have no way of knowing, unless her lonely subconscious mind merely put some random syllables together and invented playmates.

Who knows?

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
This is something I've wondered about,I don't believe in any life after death or ghost business but my daughter has had a couple of imaginary friends and while it's usually easy for me to put it down to imagination,i'll admit that sometimes it's pretty wierd.I can't remember when it started but seems to have been as long as she's been talking she's talked to about David.She hasn't really mentioned him for a while though but I heard her talking in her room a couple of months ago and though she was with some of the neighbours kids,I stuck my head in to say hi and she was on her own,I said oh were you talking to David and she said no it's Fredrick who it turns out is an older boy who doesn't come out of her room.There have been a couple of other strange incidents that my wife is convinced involved my late father but I really don't think so.
I never had anything like this with my son,other than the way when their really young they seem to be watching things you can't see.

[edit on 5/10/2005 by Ras Dedan]

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ras Dedan

I never had anything like this with my son,other than the way when their really young they seem to be watching things you can't see.

[edit on 5/10/2005 by Ras Dedan]

Society tends to to either shun or medicate adults that see things others cannot or pour scorn on them.
If it's not brought on by an internal pre-existing condition it seems to only occur with those under traumatic life threatening or "near death experiences".

I have heard people can regress to a child like state under severe trauma, do the similar conditions that are mentioned time and again aline with stories of out of body experiences.

If it is some kind of defence mechanism releasing certain chemicals you would think it would be measureable, both in cases where a patient has died and been brought back and in cases where a child is having reocurring conversations with people with names you have never heard of before?

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Intersting topic..if I may add I was always curious if as humans if we were taught to belive things we don't know maybe more is possible. I bad example but did you know if a child is not taught to talk//speak a language after a certain age that part of the brain goes defunct. You are able to teach them somewhat but it is the min. if anything at all.

With that said, since we lock ourselfs in basic beliefs and would never consider teaching a child something that maybe questionable we may never know until a very slow evolution of things.

What do you think?

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimholt

my son wakes up almost every night scared stiff he talked once about a lady. i asked him what lady and he in fear just repeats the lady the lady other times he has talked about the walls making noises and once about a rose this seems wird to me and it hurts me to see my son in such fear and i cant help him no matter how much i reasure him that it will be ok. am i over reacting is this a normal night terror or does my son see spirits i dont know do you he also seem to be awake at this time but is really asleep i have to wait for him to fully awaken somtimes he awakes screaming no no no please if you have any advice it would be great

top topics

join