It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: An Islamic Guide On How To Beat Your Wife

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
well even so, do most muslims interpret it as you do odium?

Is that the Qu'Rans fault?
Do the majority of Muslims beat their wives?
Is there any evidence to back up they do?

No, like all over the world we hear stories of cases of abuse happening and the odd book by some crazy guy.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
Nope, not every Islamic Nation uses the Qu'Ran to form their basis of law. So again you can't claim it is Islam.

I never said every Islamic nation. I said those Islamic nations that fall under Sharia Law.

Parts of the documents, the ones you quoted, are not law but persuasive passages. If it was otherwise, every Islamic Nation would accept it and they don't.

I never said they were law. They are religious texts upon which Sharia law is based.

You have yet to display any cases, which show this being used. Your sources are "edits" of other documents to back up their own agenda.

What are you talking about? I only have posted articles that are simply reporting what's going on. There is no agenda. And what about that woman who left her own country out of fear of extreme reprisals.

Why have we seen religious leaders all over the World call to kill people? Abuse races? List can go on and on...one person, doesn't speak for every member of that Religion especailly when it makes up over a billion people.

I assume you mean "why haven't we seen".... There have been religious leaders all over the world calling for Jihad. The problem is Jihad can be a number of things--including blowing yourself and innocent people up in the name of Allah. I think what's even more striking is: Where are all the leaders representing those billions of Muslims whose religion is being hijacked by a "few extremists"? Their silence is deafening!!

It's simple on the U.K. one, the tax office has the ability to check and refer a company to the Courts on behalf of "Equal Pay Rights" on behalf of the woman or she herself can. Has this happened?

No.

Interesting. That seems to indicate that women are fairly paid. Especially since no women have complained.

You know Odium; You are in a good position to watch the clash of cultures as Europe is slowly, but assuredly, becoming Eurabia. Your beliefs about Islam indicates that you are either A) a Muslim and hope to be able to disuade those who believe the same as I in an effort to spread a filthy and backward religion. Or you B) have accepted your role as a Dhimmi and are willing to live under a repressive ideology with limited rights as a non-Muslim. As a barrister-in-training I'm curious to know how you would like to practice Sharia Law?

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom_for_sum
Interesting. That seems to indicate that women are fairly paid. Especially since no women have complained.

Yes, it does but the report by BBC in relation to the Equal Pay Act, the report by David A. Macpherson titled "Wages and Gender Composition", or the Manchester Evening News report, show otherwise.

You know Odium; You are in a good position to watch the clash of cultures as Europe is slowly, but assuredly, becoming Eurabia.

Yes...this is such a problem. The whole 1,600,000 Muslim's in the United Kingdom are causing so many problems, in fact, so many the majority of people don't have a problem with them being here...odd that.

You also seem to lack the knowledge of where they came from. A vast majority of Muslim's in the United Kingdom are of South Asia, the religious traditions of the Indian subcontinent are dominant and not that of the Middle East or Africa.

Also due to the fact Turkey is part of Europe, we will have a fair few Muslims in Europe.

Your beliefs about Islam indicates that you are either A) a Muslim and hope to be able to disuade those who believe the same as I in an effort to spread a filthy and backward religion.

Nope, I am not a Muslim, far from it.

Also, did you just claim Islam is a backward religion?

Or you B) have accepted your role as a Dhimmi and are willing to live under a repressive ideology with limited rights as a non-Muslim.

Does this happen in every Nation where Muslims are in charge?
In fact, doesn't Israel limit freedoms of non-Jewish people?
Native American's still have problems with their religion in the United States...so on and so on.

Also, the Arabic word "dhimmi" is an adjective derived from the noun "dhimma", which means "being in the care of". The term initially applied to "People of the Book" living in lands under Muslim rule, namely Jews and Christians. Over time Muslims extended this category to Zoroastrians, Mandeans, and Sikhs. Many, but not all, extend this to Hindus and due to this I wouldn't be classed as one, as I do not follow any of those religions.

As a barrister-in-training I'm curious to know how you would like to practice Sharia Law?

I work in defence against the Government, so I would argue against Sharia Law. :-)

However, we both know it'll never come into acceptance in the United Kingdom so there is no need for you to post things on the basis that it will or to cause "fear" to back up your arguement.

Have you ever thought, that just maybe there is a third option?

I like to think of C as the; I joined ATS to Deny Ignorance, thus I do it and do not contine to proliferate ignorance like you do. :-)

But, you can keep on claiming I am a Muslim go for it. In fact, it would put me in disfavour with a lot of Muslim's and I do believe on religious grounds I could be "thrown out" by an Imam for claiming I am not a Muslim, if I was one.

I just hate being able to open up those books, read and having a college education. It pains me some days.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
And no, Freedom for Some, I type what I mean. :-)

I was pointing out, it is not just Islam which has said such things and it is not just members of the Islamic faith which have published such trash either.

It is something that happens in almost every culture, religion and ethnic group.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Your beliefs about Islam indicates that you are either A) a Muslim and hope to be able to disuade those who believe the same as I in an effort to spread a filthy and backward religion. Or you B) have accepted your role as a Dhimmi and are willing to live under a repressive ideology with limited rights as a non-Muslim. As a barrister-in-training I'm curious to know how you would like to practice Sharia Law?

Kinda personal there chief in an odd sort of multiple choice way. But what does that make you?

A) Just a guy that loves freedom.
B) Kind of a hypocritical jerk?

I have no problem with calling Islam filthy and backward, but "religion" is kind of redundant. Let's not be so hostile on a personal note, but I'm curious to know if you're intellectually consistent and hate Christian Fundamental activism as much as you do Islam or are either A) a Christian just competing with Islam and hope to be able to dissuade those who believe the same as I in an effort to spread a filthy and backward religion. Or you B) have accepted your role as a Democrat and are willing to live under a repressive ideology with limited rights as a non-Fundie whack job?

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Without getting into a discussion of law, look at the cultures of the Arab world and those of the Western World. It matters very little what the law says or doesn't say, what matters is what happens within the culture. If a culture feels and acts in some manner then over time the formal laws under which that culture operates will come to reflect those feelings & beliefs. One can see this in all societies around the globe.

In discussing the treatment of women within various cultures, I think there is near universal Western World belief that women in arabic cultures are treated as less than equal to men--or more correctly stated, that Arabic women do not enjoy the same level of rights & privileges as the women of the Western World.

The book published by the Imman in the U.K. is nothing more than a reflection of cultural values within the Arabic World. The fact that those values he espouses are different from the values held by Western World cultures today does not mean that Western World culture, regarding the treatment of women, is inherently superior. Until fairly recently the cultural values of the Western World, regarding the treatment of women, were pretty much the same. Given time, I believe the treatment of women in Arabic cultures will evolve into the same state as the Western World.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Though somewhat off topic I've heard that in Arkansas you're allowed to beat your spouse with objects no bigger that your middle finger

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Astronomer68, again you make it sound as though that happens in every Islamic Nation when in fact it doesn't.

There are still those in Western Society who treat women as less, however in many Islamic Nation's women can do everything that a man can do. Yet, people refuse to see the women in the Iranian Government or refuse to watch the reports on T.V. when they show these Nation's in a different light.

Senor_Vicente, up till the 1980's it was the same in the U.K. although it couldn't be bigger than your thumb. [Thicker.]

Astronomer68, judging by your post did you read the news article? It was Spain...not the U.K. for a start.

[edit on 25/10/2005 by Odium]

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   
oh c mon, everybody knows every woman needs a good spanking once in a while

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I thought this thread is appropriate to place this article:

From Jihad Watch:

POLICE are being advised to treat Muslim domestic violence cases differently out of respect for Islamic traditions and habits.
Officers are also being urged to work with Muslim leaders, who will try to keep the families together.

Women's groups are concerned the politically correct policing could give comfort to wife bashers and keep their victims in a cycle of violence.

The instructions come in a religious diversity handbook given to Victorian police officers that also recommends special treatment for suspects of Aboriginal, Hindu and Buddhist background...

Police are told: "In incidents such as domestic violence, police need to have an understanding of the traditions, ways of life and habits of Muslims."

The link to the Herald Sun no longer works; hence the link to Jihad Watch.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senor_Vicente
Though somewhat off topic I've heard that in Arkansas you're allowed to beat your spouse with objects no bigger that your middle finger

I live in Arkansas and perhaps thats why i'm no longer married, I just couldn't get into beating anyone. Not even my kids and god knows there were times they deserved it too. Its just too much work.

Still, If you get the chance to date a masochist then I say go for it. It's fun and educational for about a month. After the first month though, run like hell. It turns into a job.

Just my thoughts

Wupy

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Thought I would bring this thread out of hibernation with some relevent references from an Islamic website: www.islamqa.com...

www.islamqa.com...
Question:
Assalamu Alaikum
I know that in Islam a husband is allowed to lightly tap his wife (never in the face) and only as a last resort if she is disobedient. Can you tell me whether this is also the case in the event of the husband being disobedient. I was told that she is not allowed to tap her husband because Islam practices gender inequality.

Answer:

The same applies to husband and wife: the husband is in charge of his wife, and she has to obey him and not go out without his permission, otherwise the stability of the family will be destroyed. The family should have just one leader to steer its course, and that leader is the one who spends on the family and protects it. The husband is physically stronger and is more wise than the wife. We can easily understand if he disciplines his wife when she does something wrong, but we cannot imagine the wife hitting the husband if he is at fault.

[edit on 15-9-2006 by Freedom_for_sum]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
www.freerepublic.com...

Enjoy.

``To this day, Mrs. Bush remains unable to talk about it.''

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
www.freerepublic.com...

Enjoy.

``To this day, Mrs. Bush remains unable to talk about it.''

How cheesy of you to apply moral equivalence of an accident/b] that resulted in a tragic death to the deliberate writing of a manual on how to properly beat your wife

Of course; what I've read in other posts by you, idiotic statements like the one above is expected.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
kind of a late reply to this

www.belowtopsecret.com...

i have some info on women and their role in islam on the second to last post. feel free to read it for a better insight

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join