It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

According to this quote...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   

For the last six months we have been working with a congressional committee investigating official secrecy concerning proof that UFOs are real machines under intelligent control.

- Major Donald E. Keyhoe

I saw this at UFOevidence.com, and found this sentance explaing the quote kind of amusing:

"From a live national broadcast on CBS in 1958. Keyhoe had an approved script to follow, but when he deviated unexpectedly from it with this astonishing statement, the audio was cut-off in the middle of his sentence, "for reasons of national security."

Does anyone have any additional info on this quote or know if there is anyway I can get the videoclip?

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I tell ya, it's really a sign of the times. Back in '58 they could do that and get away with it. If they tried to cut-off somebody talking about UFOs today, the viewers would see right through it. Strike that. HOPEFULLY the viewers would see right through it.

I wonder if the video even exists anymore.

Peace

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Same sorta thing happened at the roswell crash. when the first news got out a radio station tired to recieve a message but it cut off saying it was a threat to national security.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
I tell ya, it's really a sign of the times. Back in '58 they could do that and get away with it. If they tried to cut-off somebody talking about UFOs today, the viewers would see right through it. Strike that. HOPEFULLY the viewers would see right through it.

I wonder if the video even exists anymore.

Peace

Not true.
Today the same person would be discreditted, scoffed at and herded into the oblivian of "kookdom". What makes you think that it would have been taken more seriously today, than then? Just curious.

new topics

top topics

join