It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think they'll have USA license plates?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
You know, with all this talk of RealID and other such nonsense, I'm surprised they haven't come up with federal license plates (as opposed to state).

Of course, they probably wouldn't have enough numbers for USA license plates.

If you're a politician reading this--don't get any ideas. States' rights!

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Its a great idea in a way. But each state has its won standards and regulations so it is still important to know which car is from where.

For example: Some states put inspection stickers in a different place than others, it would be tough to police them without knowing immediatly what state the car was from.

If the government was willing to standardize the regulations in all states, then I could see a national plate. I dont think it would be a terrible thing, they can already get everything they need from your plate now.

And as far as having enough numbers, thats not an issue. All they would need to do is preceed each plate number with the states initials and that would increase the combinations 50 times.

But wouldnt that basically be what we have today except the graphics and colors?

What we need to look out for is RFD chips in our plates....They may not even tell us.

[edit on 5-10-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
My home state of New Mexico has put "USA" after "New Mexico" on their license plates for years... Seems some of those "ed-u-ma-kated" types in other states weren't up to speed on their US History, or geography... Go figure...

new topics

join