It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where does Force XXI fit into the big picture?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   
With all this talk about Future Combat Systems and Objective stuff, I'm beginning to wonder if Force XXI is ever gonna come into fruition.

I know the 1st Cavalry and 4th Infantry both are Force XXI-capable, but where exactly does Force XXI fit into the broader picture? With The first stage of FCS about to enter active service around 2013, I don't see where Force XXI, Land Warrior, and the M1A2 are all gonna fit in.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
both the 1st Cavalry Div and the 4th Inf Div are experimental units for the Force XXI. its just to reorganized the units and to digitize as they say. nothing more. just testing systems for the FCS. people say it may be the end of heavy tanks but i still say they are still needed more than ever.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
both the 1st Cavalry Div and the 4th Inf Div are experimental units for the Force XXI. its just to reorganized the units and to digitize as they say. nothing more. just testing systems for the FCS. people say it may be the end of heavy tanks but i still say they are still needed more than ever.

So you're saying that Force XXI is just a prototype for FCS, nothing more than that?

What about Land Warrior? How does that fit in?

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo

So you're saying that Force XXI is just a prototype for FCS, nothing more than that?

the Force XXI was more of technology integrated and reorganization for the current forces in the U.S. military with information age world. to deal with new threats while the military is constantly changing and even dealing with a smaller force now.

the FCS is more of the Army's view of moving faster and lighter and integrate more new technologies as well. its pretty complex but similar to Force XXI.

What about Land Warrior? How does that fit in?

Land Warrior was design for infantry and to "digitalize" the soldiers to help bring information speed from satellites, drones, etc early in the 21st century. its just a precursor to Objective warrior and Future warrior and so on. its just names for this decade and the next decade and the next decade. u can make different names and they all pretty much have the same purpose.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Delta, can you (or anybody else bold enough) make me a timeline or at least a blueprint of the Army's development plan starting from the 1980s Army 86 to as far as what they got in the future (those cool sci-fi-style uniforms!)? I think what we have been lacking is a clear layout of their plan.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
www.globalsecurity.org...

www.army.mil...

www.defenselink.mil...

DoD engineers are developing the 2010-era Objective Force Warrior even before the next-generation Land Warrior is fielded in 2004. The U.S. Army’s Objective Force Warrior (OFW) soldier ensemble is a lightweight, fully integrated individual combat system, including weapons, head-to-toe individual protection, netted communications, soldier worn power sources, and enhanced human performance aids.

www.defenselink.mil...

Two uniform systems are under development. The Future Force Warrior system will be available for fielding to soldiers in 2010. The Vision 2020 Future Warrior system, which will follow on the concept of the 2010 Future Force Warrior system, is scheduled to be ready 10 years later.

The two new uniform systems are being developed under the Future Combat System Program. "This Army initiative will develop and demonstrate revolutionary capabilities for the future soldiers in battle," said Jean-Louis "Dutch" DeGay, a Soldier Systems Center representative.

i hope this helps much from public info. but as i say its more complex and confusing with these names. but then u have to differentiate between future warrior and objective warrior, etc.

news.bbc.co.uk...
i could include exoskeletons and mechs but those are just concepts right now and too much info on many projects that DARPA is investing.

its based on ghost recon 3 but those equipment on him are real and the U.S. Army is cooperating to make the creators help detailed the equipment, etc.

www.military.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
That is EVERYTHING I wanted!!! Thank you so much delta.

Is there any way this thread can be a sticky? This entire development is a very important subject.

top topics

join