It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran 'behind attacks on British'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Britain has accused Iran of responsibility for explosions which have killed eight British soldiers in Iraq this year.

A senior British official, briefing correspondents in London, blamed Iranian Revolutionary Guards.

news.bbc.co.uk...

I'm really starting to think that war with Iran might happen. I think we can all agree if that happens, WWIII is very probable.

[edit on 5-10-2005 by Dronetek]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Watch as the British press starts putting the spin on the whole Basra state of affairs, doing their job helping Washington to demonize Iran. Until recently the 'foreign insurgents' were all coming out of Syria. Now they're suddenly all from or supported by Iran and Hezbollah.

news.bbc.co.uk...
The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the technology had come from Hezbollah in Lebanon via Iran and produced an "explosively shaped projectile".

He said that dissidents from the Mehdi army, a militia controlled by the radical Shia cleric Moqtada Sadr, were suspected of carrying out the attacks.

One of their leaders, Ahmed al-Fartusi, was arrested by British forces recently and was "currently enjoying British hospitality", as the official put it.

It was that arrest which sparked off an anti-British protest in Basra recently.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Thanks for the spin, Mr. "Anonymous Official", but the anti-British protest in Basra was sparked by SAS spies posing as Iraqis with a car full of weapons shooting dead a couple of Iraqi policeman, and then being extracted by British army tanks.

More spin:

Iran blamed as militias step up Basra violence - timesonline.co.uk
Tehran’s involvement may be linked to Britain’s hardening position on its nuclear programme.
[...]
The clashes and the arrest of two undercover soldiers was almost certainly triggered by the arrest at the weekend of Sheikh Ahmed al-Fartusi, the leader of the Mahdi Army, a banned militia loyal to Moqtada al-Sadr.

How about the arrest of the two "undercover soldiers" (whatever that means) was triggered by the fact that they were pretending to be Iraqis and shot and killed Iraqi policemen, and that a growing portion of the Iraqi populace suspect the coalition of carrying out false flag operations to incite civil war and unrest? Hmmm...

Britain blames Iran for Iraq attacks on troops - Reuters
Washington and London have long accused Iran of fomenting unrest in Iraq, but the allegations, made by British officials under condition of anonymity, were more detailed than previous public remarks.
[...]
While Iran's government has publicly denied it supports Iraqi militia, "there was some suggestion that this could be elements of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard that were involved."
[...]
British troops have come under attack several times in recent weeks, most notably in a riot after British forces attacked a jail to free undercover soldiers they said had been turned over to a Shi'ite militia by police.

More "anonymous officials". They sure get around don't they. I love the Newspeak where "spies" become "undercover soldiers", like this is some drug sting or something.

I used to think the British press were inoculated against this disease that is spreading through our media, but it appears I was wrong. Winston Smith is doing his job well, but some of us still remember...

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Anything to convince the masses for a war against Iran huh

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Hold up people, Iran was the place that should have been invaded from the very start of all this mess, not Iraq. Dont let the situation in Iraq cloud our views of Iran. They have always been a threat to the west and they dont even attempt to hide it.

Not everything is a cover up, a conspiracy or spin. Sometimes things are just as they sound.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Yeah, sometime things are exactly as they seem. Israel is itching for someone to go to war with Iran, even if they have to be the catalyst to kick it off with an unproked attack.
It's not like they are are gonna be fighting the big fight....right? That's what all those Yanks and Brits are there for isn't it?

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Actually, Iran is painting a target over itself by keeping their nuclear program in operation, having Iraq and Afghanistan surrounding it just makes it that much easier.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Hold up people, Iran was the place that should have been invaded from the very start of all this mess, not Iraq. Dont let the situation in Iraq cloud our views of Iran. They have always been a threat to the west and they dont even attempt to hide it.

Not everything is a cover up, a conspiracy or spin. Sometimes things are just as they sound.

Bet they weren't a threat to the West when Mohammed Pahlavi was in power and ofcourse it didn't matter if he killed those that protested against him in the thousands...

One way or the other if an invasion against Iran ever happens, the world won't be the same anymore

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by shire19

Not everyone outside the US is the devil. Sometimes governments lie.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Not everything is a cover up, a conspiracy or spin.

So an anonymous official is needed to talk about something that is plainly obvious?

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace

Originally posted by shire19

Not everyone outside the US is the devil. Sometimes governments lie.

You brought this up, im just running with it:

Not all USA actions and policies are bad and not all US intentions are the work of evil or the NWO.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
So an anonymous official is needed to talk about something that is plainly obvious?

Not my news source Nygdan, dont look at me. But why not humor it as truth? At this point its is as much of a truth as it is a lie. Why automatically assume it ISNT true? After all: Iran has a documented history of this sort of thing...

NR

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   

man stop dreaming!!! is that all you do? is complain about you wishing U.S would invade us or they should off? what are you on man stop all your BS and snap out of it, we are being invaded but only in your dreams i have nothing against you and you seem pretty okay but whenever theres a thread intitles iran on it you just burst out of nowhere and start flame baiting about us, we are a thread to no one and arent even close to making a nuke yet, and why should it matter who are you to say which country should or should not make their own choices even when coming to nuke issues.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Well withrespect NR you signed the NPT, you want to break it, your choice; just expect concequesnces.

NR

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Well withrespect NR you signed the NPT, you want to break it, your choice; just expect concequesnces.

well i havent signed out of NPT yet
but I still hear from you guys saying nuke em now or invade, we can even pull out now but i Think us sticking with 20 more nuclear reactors it be ok than

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by NR
but I still hear from you guys saying nuke em now or invade, we can even pull out now but i Think us sticking with 20 more nuclear reactors it be ok than

Your country sure loojs dodgy with it though, Its possibley just propaganda but I have a slight nagging thought that there is more than reactors being built.

NR

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by NR

Your country sure loojs dodgy with it though, Its possibley just propaganda but I have a slight nagging thought that there is more than reactors being built.

well until you have any proof than i believe you but until than i'm going to stick to my words and with U.S over 12,000 nukes and still going on and even making them with other nations your saying we cant have our own and cant even make 1? please.........

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Where has Iran broken the NPT?

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by NR
well until you have any proof than i believe you but until than i'm going to stick to my words and with U.S over 12,000 nukes and still going on and even making them with other nations your saying we cant have our own and cant even make 1? please.........

Well mate put it this way, we have like under 1000 bombs.
Look mate its only an opinion, dont take it as my opinion on your country just your nuke program mate.

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
Where has Iran broken the NPT?

They aint mate, I was just saying if they want to break it by makeing a bomb they can do that but they need to accept there will be serios concequences.

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Iran 'behind attacks on British'

This could have some kind of credibility, just as the credibility that the attacks were coming from Syria. They could still be, but Iran attacking the British cannot be ruled out of any equation here.

OK, they have begun nuclear plant construction, which is against what the NPT stands for if it's to build weapons etc. This needs to be nipped in the bud before it grows, for obvious reasons.

Just for the sake of another scenario, how about Afghanistan? Some of the British forces will be deployed there from November this year. How many Afghanistan based terrorist's have committed attacks against, not just the British, but the rest of the Western World?

The threads author has stated

Originally by Dronetek
I'm really starting to think that war with Iran might happen. I think we can all agree if that happens, WWIII is very probable.

I'm not sure if WWIII is imminent or probable. Too much is at stake if that happens. I would hazard a guess that Iran will be invaded to stop the building of Nuclear facilities.

Afghanistan?Well, thats another matter alltogether....

Lets concentrate on that quote by Dronetek, and why we all think it could happen. I for one, am very interested in the replies here.

[edit on 5-10-2005 by Bikereddie]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join