It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wal-Mart Turns in Student’s "Bill of Rights" Project; Secret Service Investigates

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Hey guys, it was in fact pretty ridiculous. I'm directly involved in the situation and basically here is what happened. The assignment was concerning the Bill of Rights and they had to take pictures of them demonstrating various rights citizens have. Well the student in question took one picture of himself holding his father's hunting rifle to demonstrate the 2nd amendment. Then he took a photo of George Bush and tacked it up on a wall. Yes he used a red thumb tack but it wasn't a concious thing, how many people think about what color thumb tack they're using? Well what he was doing was demonstrating the 1st amendment right to petition or disagree with the government. He was standing beside the photograph of the president giving a thumbs down sign, showing disagreement with a government official. It was 2 seperate photographs and the gun wasn't even in the one with the president. The photo lab employee though took the progression of photos as a threat and the rest is history. Its just a situation that was blown way out of proportion, there were no charges filed, and besides a potential law suit I think its over. But anyway, I'll be glad to answer any questions anyone has. Never thought I would be directly involved in a news story on this board lol.

** Oh, and I believe this is the first time I've ever posted in agreement with you Rant lol. The world must be ending or something.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
So in fact there wasn't just one picture, there were two, the first one of him holding a rifle.

That puts a whole new spin on it.

Instead of something like this:

The 2nd Amendment, The Right to Bear Arms

he should have done something like this:

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Now, if he had been pointing the gun with a thumbs down at the red-tacked picture of the POTUS, that could have been a problem.

I mean I know I'm sometimes paranoid and quick to jump to conclusions, but putting those two pictures together and calling the SS is just going way too far. What was local law enforcement thinking passing it on to begin with?

Again, what was the SS doing handling it so heavy-handedly? The tactics across the board really point to the atmosphere of fear and potential fascism as stated in earlier posts.

Snap out of it, people! Relax a little already.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark

he should have done something like this:

yeah, god forbid our children should have any beliefs about politics besides cute little caption photos. people aren't supposed to connect the implications of the rhetorical script they are compelled to repeat over and over with the real world offices of governance. people aren't even supposed to NOTICE politics. their SUPPOSED to be busy with busy-ness. especially children! what kind of school actually teaches meaning anymore? the whole school should be either burned down or preserved as a museum of one of the last bastion of (evil)free thought before correct groupthink came into effect.
god forbid that they should confuse the newspeak word 'rights' with the actual concept of 'rights'. in newspeak, 'rights' are like are like a suitcase full of money on a desert island, ie. all yours until you get 'rescued' by the establishment. when you need them most, they no longer exist.

oh, pundits of the gestaspo, where doth thou hang thy conscience?
what's that? yeah, ...you, ....back of the class, ....what is it?
oh, correct, ....out back with the rest of the useless eaters. here's a smiley face for your paper.

[edit on 5-10-2005 by billybob]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
My 15 year-old daughter told me yesterday she was "sad." I asked why and she burst into tears, saying she just had finished "Brave New World" - and the world today is exactly like Huxley described it in the book...

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
My 15 year-old daughter told me yesterday she was "sad." I asked why and she burst into tears, saying she just had finished "Brave New World" - and the world today is exactly like Huxley described it in the book...

just give her some ridilin or prozac. she'll be 'okay' then. you might try and curb her of those nasty 'reading' and 'thinking' habits, too.

p.s. let her read my post. it might give her a modicrum of hope in a hope vaccuum. WE are not alone.

edited because, ....i made a mistake! maybe rriddillinn has two dees or ells or something, too. 95% of ridiiiiiiilyn is sold in the united states?

[edit on 5-10-2005 by billybob]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
It's not like the Bush's SS have anything better to do, than to bully and stalk US students.

Reminds me of that Robin Williams movie about the photo lab or something.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 06:52 AM
link   
And just so you know...

Originally posted by jukyu
** Oh, and I believe this is the first time I've ever posted in agreement with you Rant lol. The world must be ending or something.

The applause was for coming forward as someone directly involved in this case, not agreeing with me.
But yes, the world is ending, and on that point there's increasing consensus as well.

Thank you for your willingness to answer questions too. I have to say it continues to amaze me that FEMA employees and neighbors of "activists" in the news and directly involved officials in all manner of happenings continue to join ATS and respond to events as they occur.

This is the nexus. You made my day just being here.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia

Originally posted by RANT
Oh wow! Just wow! Now that guy needs a FINE.

I know.

I go by that store at least once a week. I've half a mind to go in and give this Mr. Manning a good smack. What an idiot.

There's this site, PlanetFeedback.com. Go visit it and write up a complaint. If you want, the letter can appear on the site--and and e-mail will be sent to Wal-Mart.

Complain about this guy's anti-gun agenda.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join