It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

D.C. Councilman admits to tax evasion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Ward 8 Councilman Marion Barry apparenty believes that he, unlike the rest of us, does not need to pay taxes. He is of going to get off on a plea bargain of course.

But now, sources tell News4 that Barry will plead guilty to a misdemeanor offense for failing to pay federal income taxes for seven years. Details are being worked out with U.S. Attorney Kenneth Wainstein and other federal authorities.

Link

How can someone continue to be allowed to work in the government after they are caught red handed like this? Only in DC, where a crack head is allowed to run the city.

Oh, and some wonderfull quotes of his:

"The contagious people of Washington have stood firm against diversity during this long period of increment weather." -- M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC

"I promise you a police car on every sidewalk." -- M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC

"If you take out the killings, Washington actually has a very very low crime rate." -- M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC

"First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl." -- M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC

"B***h set me up." -- M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC

"I am clearly more popular than Reagan. I am in my third term. Where's Reagan? Gone after two! Defeated by George Bush and Michael Dukakis no less." -- M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC

"The laws in this city are clearly racist. All laws are racist. The law of gravity is racist." -- M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC

"I am making this trip to Africa because Washington is an international city, just like Tokyo, Nigeria or Israel. As mayor, I am an international symbol. Can you deny that to Africa?" -- M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC

"People have criticized me because my security detail is larger than the president's. But you must ask yourself: are there more people who want to kill me than who want to kill the president? I can assure you there are." -- M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC

"The brave men who died in Vietnam, more than 100% of which were black, were the ultimate sacrifice." -- M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC

"I read a funny story about how the Republicans freed the slaves. The Republicans are the ones who created slavery by law in the 1600's. Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves and he was not a Republican." -- M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC

"What right does Congress have to go around making laws just because they deem it necessary?" -- M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC

"People blame me because these water mains break, but I ask you, if the water mains didn't break, would it be my responsibility to fix them then? WOULD IT!?!" -- M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC

"I am a great mayor; I am an upstanding Christian man; I am an intelligent man; I am a deeply educated man; I am a humble man." -- M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC

Hope you're proud of your former Mayor DC

EDIT: So as not to upset RANT

[edit on 5-10-2005 by American Mad Man]

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   

"People blame me because these water mains break, but I ask you, if the water mains didn't break, would it be my responsibility to fix them then? WOULD IT!?!" -- M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC

This guy reminds me of Toronto's last mayor. He was connected to the Hell's Angels though so that trumps piddly "Tax Evasion" phaw

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
Hope you're proud of your Mayor DC

I think they are. Considering his name is Anthony A. Williams.

Yup.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Hope you're proud of your Mayor DC

I think they are. Considering his name is Anthony A. Williams.

Yup.

Sorry, I should have said former mayor.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

This guy reminds me of Toronto's last mayor. He was connected to the Hell's Angels though so that trumps piddly "Tax Evasion" phaw

I don't know - this guy smoked CRACK WHILE he was mayor.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   

20 years ago. Now he's chief bottle washer and hand shaker of "ward 8."

Are you really mad about this or just having corruption envy?

I can try to find you a dirty current Democrat leader if you like.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

20 years ago. Now he's chief bottle washer and hand shaker of "ward 8."

Are you really mad about this or just having corruption envy?

I can try to find you a dirty current Democrat leader if you like.

No no - I'm sure there are plenty of them.

I just don't what this SOB taking any more tax dollars, no matter in what position he is in. I happen to have come across this artical, but I would be equally mad at anyother politition - current or otherwise - who evaded taxes for nearly a decade.

And yes, I am F-U-R-I-O-U-S , furious!

new topics

top topics

join