It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems Stomp Reps

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Every post I read on ATS/PTS where republicans start it go like this...

"Bush is God, he can do no wrong, anyone he appoints is also God, any of you tree hugging animal loving non-racists liberals can go to hell."
Then a Democrat/Libertarian comes in and stomps on them.
Or..
"Gays/Jews/Blacks/Liberals/Whoever are gonna convert your children! Stop them by worshipping Republicans!"
Then a Democrat/Libertarian comes in and stomps on them.

Where does this happen? here are a few links...
politics.abovetopsecret.com...
In this one a republican says Abortions are dangerous, then democrats come in with the truth.

Last 2 pages is where it all comes together, the Dems put up links to facts/knowledge while republicans scramble for things like "You misspelled this word so I'm right!"

Republican says kill all black babies and republicans defend him!

Another "We are right because we say so" republican thread stomped opn by the truth.

Republicans try to make liberals look bad, but again they get stomped on with the truth.

Or you have ones where Democrats/Libertarians start and then the republicans try to corrupt it but fail like these...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Just a good man pointing to the truth then some republicans come in and try to save one of their Gods.

Bout Time makes a good post, a Republican comes in, and BT stopms on him.

Again dems start out strong, republican comes in and is smacked around with a 2x4 called the truth.

Dems post to more racism/corruption of republicans, republicans say it is no big deal to burn people on crosses or hang them from tress for being black, so forth.

Or you have topics that dems start and no republican will go near for there is no defense, they can't even spin it.
Project Bush&Co got caught, again....

Guy who was a whistle blower gets reamed by the Gov., no republicans show up to defend Bush's actions...

What is the point of all of this?

Dems vs Reps 111,238,049 to 0

WHat is the point of something like Slug Fest when every time it is Mark Calloway(Undertaker) at Wrestlemania vs Anyone at Wrestlemania. Undertaker/Democrats win every time!

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Full Metal
Every post I read on ATS/PTS where republicans start it go like this...

I think you're reading the wrong posts. And perhaps with a little bit of bias? Ya think? Yeah, people argue with the people of the opposite opinion or political or religious persuasion.

This would actually be a very boring place if we didn't.

I think more likely most threads have a poster or two who gets things riled up, but for the most part, I think there are some very good discussions going on out there.

Have you visited other boards where politics are 'dicussed'? This is tame compared to most, thank God! Be discerning. If I see it's devolved into a party-war, I just leave it.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
So what is your point exactly FM? Your party has a larger phallus than their party? That's nice. You know that and a dollar will buy you a cup of coffee. (for those of you who cut with the dull edge of the knife, that means that it's worthless).

These partisan spitting contests are a joke. Let me solve the mystery for both sides: you're all wrong about something, quite possibly about MOST things.

At present both parties are fiscally irresponsible, use their federal offices to achieve unconstitutional regulations of people's personal freedom, promote strategically and tactically unwise approaches to the war in Iraq, ignore or even exaccerbate the immigration crisis, fail to make a priority of reforming the educational system, which is vital to the social mobility of the poor, especially minorities, fail to actively or energetically promote a fiscally sound solution to the plight of social security, etc etc etc.

If the partisan rhetoric junkies who make up the majority of the politically conscious American public would hop off the bandwagon and start excercising something vaguely resembling cognitive function maybe we could actually make some progress and not have the same exact issues haunting us every single election year as our country sits on its thumbs waiting to go the way of the Roman Empire.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Ha since I show that Dems stomp on Reps you assume I am a democrat, sorry but I can't vote yet so I am in no party! It isn't my fault Dems/Libertarians use the truth/facts while Reps use uh, the opposite. It is ignorant to assume that since someone shows that one side always wins doesn't mean they support that party. The Tamp Bay Bucs so far always win, do I support them? NO! The Pats always go to the Super Bowl and win, do I support them? NO! Just showing Packer Fans that they lose, everytime, while the Bucs win everytime.(Pacs are 0-4, Bucs are 4-0)

New one to that list

[edit on 4-10-2005 by Full Metal]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
There is no logical argument of any merit, on any subject, that survives dissection and is being hoisted by the unified Reich known as todays Republican Party. Note the qualification - there are civic/social minded Republicans who oppose our current Imperialistic track, but they're voiceless.
The unified Democratic Party is just as complicit, to the point of equating out to a theater play program; "Tonight, playing the role of the patriotic opposition is....".
From an ATS perspective, it's better to classify it as Progressives vs. Single Issue Conservatives (SIC) - many have succumb to the mia culpa reality of their support, and now feign legitimacy by calling themselves Constitution Party or Libertarian party members - after two votes in the hole for this charade called a presidency. Then you have those who will continue to support this presidency because there has never been a better avatar of their reversed inadequacies to live vicariously through - till he's caught licking jelly out of Osama’s naval in a steam room, he is golden & without fault of action or character in their eyes.
So from an argument/debate standpoint, it’s not really an even match, is it? The “wins” by the SIC are equivalent to those freestyle rap battles you see on TV – where that one ‘slam’ line gets the crowd hooting. But soundbyte support in lieu of a real CINC will, I guess, lead to the legitimizing of it as debate fodder.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
There is no logical argument of any merit, on any subject, that survives dissection and is being hoisted by the unified Reich known as todays Republican Party. Note the qualification - there are civic/social minded Republicans who oppose our current Imperialistic track, but they're voiceless.
The unified Democratic Party is just as complicit, to the point of equating out to a theater play program; "Tonight, playing the role of the patriotic opposition is....".

This, in my view, is the inherent flaw of a two party system. There will generally be voters who base their support for the party in power on a relatively narrow range of issues (or even perhaps a single issue) which they feel they are getting their way on. Likewise there will a seemingly monolithic opposition whose members may actually have very little in common other than being opposed to those currently in power.
Those who have broader political concerns or even a wholly different set of concerns from the party in power but who can turn nowhere else for representation on certain issues of importance to them, or who simply are driven to that party to combat objectives of the opposition party which they are strong opposed to will have little or no voice with the party which they helped put in power. Why would the party in power change tactics to attract the votes of people who have already proven that they feel cornered into voting for that party?
The party in opposition only rarely runs on its own merits, especially in recent years. Your base gets you so far, and the support of your base is subject to the same factors described above for the party in power. Beyond the base, you need the boost of people voting AGAINST the party in power. 1996 was an up or down vote on keeping Clinton. 2004 was an up or down vote on putting Kerry in.
2000 differed only in that there was no incumbent and that both candidates made complete idiots of themselves in front of the entire nation, and it essentially came down to who was voted against the most (of course some votes were more equal than others because of the electoral college, and there was a small random factor awarded to whichever party cheated most effectively).
Long story short, In the immortal words of South Park, "every election is between a (feces) sandwhich and a giant (feminine hygiene product)".

As for "progressives"- that is indeed only valid from an ATS (perhaps better termed an individual voter) basis. If there's a potent progressive party still running around out there I haven't noticed them, which is sort of a shame because if there was an honestly and effectively progressive party out there which took an approach to progresivism that I could be comfortable with, they would be very strong contenders for my vote.

Single issue conservatives- that one is pretty much dead on, but our supposedly conservative president has pretty much run a single issue administration, and that explains a lot about that. There have been some grabs for cash and power cleverly disguised as a domestic agenda, but for the most part Bush is a single issue president- and the issue in question is killing people.

Last point- the wins by either side of the political spectrum are similar to freestyle battles. Few and far between are the party loyalists who can consistently vindicate their position by any excercise of sound logic. The winner is basically judged by who hits the popular catch phrases such as "King George" "Islamofascists" "Presidential selection" and "tulip walkers" in the most prosaic fashion.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Full Metal
It isn't my fault Dems/Libertarians use the truth/facts while Reps use uh, the opposite. It is ignorant to assume that since someone shows that one side always wins doesn't mean they support that party.

Yep, clearly there's no bias here

TheVegabond hit the nail on the head: both parties are wrong on some matters. Both present their ideas for what they believe would best help the nation and sometimes the world. Just because you believe one side's opinion of what policies would help generally are wrong doesn't mean they're liars. That would be like you calling me a liar for saying I like the color green.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Hey I presented several links proving my point each time.

Also, science/facts aren't opinion, another reason why Dems win everytime, Reps use opinions like Bush is God, Dems use science/facts.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
And if scientists disagree on some point, are you well versed enough in their specialization that you can judge which is correct? Does their disagreement mean they're lying?

Can facts be looked at from a different perspective, giving different meaning to them? I'm not talking 2+2=4 (or 2+2=5, for large values of 2
), but rather poll results, for instance. Does taking a sampling of the population mean you really got the pulse of the people? Is it not possible for someone to flip a coin and get heads 10 times in a row? Does that mean there is a 100% chance the coin will land on heads?

Look at some poll information and notice who contests the results and who accepts them. Generally (I've only seen it this way, but I'm sure there have been exceptions), the side whose views are supported agree with the poll and quote it, while the side whose views aren't supported says the poll doesn't get the full views of the American people, or they conduct their own poll. After seeing that, can you really say that only one side manipulates facts and information (this isn't the same as having a different perspective, since manipulating them would indicate a conscious effort to change the data being represented).

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Reps STOMP Dems...
News at 11; stay tuned.
I'll be right back with some links to some topic threads to prove this...

Unmerited 'newbie' observation, nothing more.

seekerof

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
You go ahead & school 'em, Obay-Juan-Conundrum!

You want to get out in front of the tax cut justification/attacking Iraq timeline + data/no bid contract awarding & all things Bush Administration implemented vs. present day results and show postive outcomes.....well then, let me swap the boots for chest waders afore y'all start!

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Hey look at that...
"The republicans win all the time!"

Ok, give links

"Uh, Run away!!!! Worship Bush, then RUn away! No, run away twice then worship Bush, no, wait, Rove what should I do? My head hurts, this is what I get for trying to think for myself"

Also, Dems stomp on Reps again

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Democrats win everything except elections. Is that what you are trying to say?

I'll give you one thing, Democrats do have a bunch of loudmouth crybabies, who love to be heard. Do Americans listen? Judging by the last elections, I would say no.

Republicans are the silent majority, we vote for what is right. That is why we will continue to win elections!

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Republicans are the silent majority, we vote for what is right. That is why we will continue to win elections!

Yes you are right there, we are living every day with it the truth can not be denied, and that is why corruption is running rampant in the Bush administration now

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   
And look at that!

"The truth is liberal!"

So, any links to where republicans win?

"That doesn't matter, I worship Bush so I am right you Spineless Liberal, I don't need facts or reality, I have Bush!"

So sad, again, Dems take it to the Reps like Bush takes it to a country with Brown people.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   
@ Full Metal

Loudmouth crybaby liberals do not win elections.

You want a link to where Republicans win?

How about the last 2 Presidential elections. Don't need a link to that!

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Ever hear the term "Cheaters never win."? Republicans didn't win. Also, I meant on ATS and PTS, you guys can't win because it isn't supported by facts.

Facts support evolution, therefor all those facts are Liberal.

Facts support Global Warming, therefor they are Liberal.

Facts support Bush Lied about WMDs, therefor they are Liberal.

Facts support a plane didn't hit the Pentagon, therefor they are Liberal.

Facts support that Fox News gets Memos from the WHite House every day telling them what they can and can't report, therefor they are Liberal.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
@ Full Metal

Keep Posting, you are hilarious!

If you ain't cheating you ain't trying! So Republicans didn't win? Who controls the White House, the House of Representatives, and the Senate?

It's called the Theory of Evolution for a reason.

Global Warming: Did you hear Mars is warming? How could that be? There are no humans on Mars. Also the Greenland Icecap is thickening, wait... I thought the opposite was suppose to happen?

If Bush lied then so did Clinton. Bush just happened to do something about it. Clinton did nothing for 8 years.

There were people on that plane, recorded phone messages from that plane. If it didn't hit the Pentagon, what happened to it?

FOX News destroys CNN and MSNBC combined. Get used to it!

I used to be a liberal but then I got a job. You will too, eventually. So there is still hope for you!

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Carseller, if that response shocked you, you haven't been around the boards long enough. You see, George Bush stole the first election. How did he steal it? Well, he didn't win the popular vote, but instead won it through the electoral vote. That is stealing an election...When a Republican does it.

He stole the second election by having the popular vote...Oh, and the electoral vote, but the primary thing is the popular vote because Ohio is contested by some folks (not the Kerry campaign, but what would they have to gain by contesting the results if they were in question?
) That's stealing an election...When a Republican does it.

The thing that you're really missing, though, is that no intelligent person would agree with conservative ideals. Therefore, if George Bush, a blatant conservative (with a few very disturbing liberal tendancies) were to win an election against such a hard line liberal such as John Kerry, it must mean the Republicans cheated. After all, the majority of Americans are smart, and the Republican party stance only appeals to fortune 500 company owners. Since there's only about 500 of them, there is no reason for Bush to be elected, except by fraud, stealing the election, and curtosey of your friendly neighborhood NWO. That's right, folks, Hulk Hogan got George Bush elected, because no one in their right mind could vote for Bush.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Hmm, Diebold Machines in Ohio, President of Diebold said publically he garuntees(sp?) a victory for Bush no matter what(His words, he said no matter what he would give Bush the election) and look at that, Bush wins every state that has a Diebold Machine in it.

So sad you poor poor Bush Bots have no brain, except for Rove, but he might end up in jail soon for being evil. Along with Delay, and Frist, and Noe, and every other republican. Isn't that strange, every republican is currently under investigation/indicted/convicted.

Anyways, so... Links? What? Look at that Bush Bots, one is a Mod, and yet no links to where the Republicans win. Because there are none!

Look at this, more Facts on my side, of course no Republican will go near this because they are Republicans.

I back my side with facts, links, and reality, republicans whine about being wrong and call me a Liberal like it's a bad thing.

[edit on 24-10-2005 by Full Metal]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join