It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female soldiers from around the world

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
cap_n_america, I think its was just a misunderstanding, when I said personally, I was hoping to make it clear I was talking about romantic preferences rather than battler field preferences.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I wonder what would happen if these women met each other in battle? Would they kill each other as ruthlessly as men have throughout history? I suspect that they just might since I don't think there's as big of a difference between men and woman as most people think.

Sure would be a shame to see some of those beautiful women killing each other in ritualized tribal combat (in other words, war). Of course it's just as bad to see men doing the same, but....I'm not attracted to them, so....

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
In the war of hotness Sweden has the nukes.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
cap_n_america, I think its was just a misunderstanding, when I said personally, I was hoping to make it clear I was talking about romantic preferences rather than battler field preferences.

I can dig it. I've pretty much got my mouth under control, now I just need to extend that to my fingers when I'm drinking.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Women Soldiers in Britain are not accepted in the Infantry Regiments, The Royal Marines Commandos now Recruit Women in service but still not on the front line

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   
ooookkkkk..... I think some people have yet to get over horomones around here. This is off subject on this matter since its mostly about how "cute" or how "sexy" they (the soldiers) are:
I support integration of soldiers as in both M and F fighting side by side in the same unit. I dont give a DARN about this "oh your weaker" well if your weaker then GROW STRONGER or get more brains to make up for it. Sadly the only role of female soldiers right now in the world is PR purposes, transporting of supplies, clearing out wounded or treating them, or some behind the lines type deal. Also its really sexist in most of it in the long run, the women are given the most close cut and tight clothing as you can get and not "break regulations" or "decency" standards if there really is such a thing.
I am an unquestioning equalist when it comes to this.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Browno
Women Soldiers in Britain are not accepted in the Infantry Regiments, The Royal Marines Commandos now Recruit Women in service but still not on the front line

Except in Gods chosen few - The Royal Irish Regiment, Home Service, (who are soon to be cast aside as yet another consession to Sinn Fein/IRA). The R.Irish have been accepting women in front line roles since their formation in 1992, and several have paid with their lives both on and off duty. Approx 10% of the regiments Home-Service strength is made up of female ranks.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 04:52 AM
link   
In Finnish army women are assigned to normal units just as men are, no difference made, only exeption is that at base conditions females get their own room (ie if Comppany has 10 rooms, one is dedicated to women)

Military service is mandatory for men, but voluntarily for women...

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Wow the Czech Republick women are fit.

And i think i am in love lol.

It almost makes you want to go and sighn up....... Nahh.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I heard something about there being a slight difference in the amount of gee's that male and female physiologies can withstand..

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   

What? When? Where? How?

Originally posted by Flinx
Sure would be a shame to see some of those beautiful women killing each other in ritualized tribal combat (in other words, war). Of course it's just as bad to see men doing the same, but....I'm not attracted to them, so....

Some sort of international treaty involving mud wrestleing?

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
I heard something about there being a slight difference in the amount of gee's that male and female physiologies can withstand..

I have heard this a few times as well.
Trying to find more info.

Well wherever these amazing woman may be from,they have my respect and admiration.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Theres something creepy about all you guys gettin off at the sight of girls with big guns... just a hint of lavender drifting accross this thread...

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I’m not trying to get this heated up, just trying show US policy toward Women in Combat.

Although women are permitted to serve in the military in most countries, only a few countries allow women to fill active combat roles. Countries that allow this include Germany, Canada, Denmark, Israel and Norway.

In the U.S. military, women can serve in limited numbers on combat ships, but cannot command a ship at sea or serve on a submarine. The issue of submarines is rarely debated, since there is literally no privacy on a submarine, where space is very limited. Women are barred from serving in Infantry, Special Operations, Artillery, Armor, and Foreward Air Defense. Technically they are allowed to fly military aircraft, but women make up 2% of all pilots in the US military. Women in combat has been a contentious issue in America since World War II when women were killed in combat in sizeable numbers for the first time.

Women In Combat

Active Duty Servicewomen by Branch of Service and Rank, 2001

As of March 31, 2001, women in the military (including the Coast Guard) made up almost 15% of the total active force. The Air Force has the highest percentage of women and the Marine Corps the lowest. The Army has the highest percentage of African-American women; the Marine Corps has the highest percentage of women of Hispanic origin. The Navy is the only service with a higher percentage of women serving in its officer ranks than in its enlisted ones.

Number of Women and percentage in the Military

Total DOD forces - 199,850 - 14.7%
Enlisted - 168,805 - 14.7%
Officers - 31,045 - 14.5%

Army - 72,542 - 15.3%
Enlisted - 61,871 - 15.5%
Officers - 10,671 - 14.2%

Navy - 50,771 - 13.9%
Enlisted - 43,010 - 13.8%
Officers - 7,761 - 14.7%

Marine Corps - 10,338 - 6.0%
Enlisted - 9,387 - 6.1%
Officers - 951 - 5.3%

Air Force - 66,199 - 19.0%
Enlisted - 54,537 - 19.4%
Officers - 11,662 - 17.2%

Coast Guard - 3,538 - 10.2%
Enlisted - 2,768 - 10.0%
Officers - 770 - 11.2%

Women in the Military

Current Law

Although no law bars women from engaging in combat, women are excluded from half
of all military positions. A single statute, dating form the post-World War II era, limits the assignability of women: 10 U.S.C. 6015 prohibits the assignment of Navy and Marine Corps Women to vessels engaged in combat missions or to other than temporary duty in Navy vessels other than hospital ships, transports and similar vessels not expected to be assigned to combat missions. Statutory bars to women’s service on aircraft engaged in combat missions were repealed in 1991; however the Pentagon has failed to implement the new policy.

No statute prevents women from serving in ground combat units. Army and Marine Corps policy, however, excludes women from assignments to units that are likely to become engaged in direct combat. According to the Army definition, direct combat is “engaging an enemy with individual or crew-served weapons while being exposed to direct enemy fire, a high probability of direct physical contact with the enemy’s personnel, and a substantial risk of capture. Direct combat takes place while closing with the enemy by fire, maneuver, or shock effect in order to destroy or capture, or while repelling assault by fire, close combat or counterattack.” The army uses a Direct Combat
Probability Coding System (DCPC), established in 1983, to classify every position based upon the likelihood of engaging in direct combat.

In addition, a “risk rule” is applied across the services by the Department of Defense to further limit women’s assignability. The risk rule provides that “risks of exposure to direct combat, hostile fire, or capture are proper criteria for closing noncombat positions or units to women, providing that the type, degree, and duration of such risks are equal to or greater than experienced by combat units in the same theater of operations.”

Percentage of Positions Open to
Military Women by Service

Army - 52 percent
Navy - 59 percent
Air Force - 97 percent
Marines - 20 percent

PDF Version
HTML Version

Here are some photos of US female soldiers in Iraq.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe
Theres something creepy about all you guys gettin off at the sight of girls with big guns... just a hint of lavender drifting accross this thread...

Yes I believe we may have taken this a bit....tooo far..

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe

LOL, i dont belive so. We are just apreciating these fine ladies who are risking all for freedom

Ohh and there is nothing wrong with pointing out the sexy too.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vekar
. Sadly the only role of female soldiers right now in the world is PR purposes, transporting of supplies, clearing out wounded or treating them, or some behind the lines type deal..

That is just a wrong and ignorant statment as well as a diservice to women all over the world that serve in the Military.

Call pilots like A-10 pilot Kim Campbell call sign "Killer Chick" a PR stunt
www.seniorwomen.com...
Heres a picture of her warthog after combat. With 120 combat hours in her A-10 shes has likely seen more combat and killed more people the 99%percent of the people on this board.

www.seniorwomen.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
...killed more people the 99%percent of the people on this board.

That's not really something to parade around...

But I agree, its no PR stunt. Its just good old progressiveness.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

What? When? Where? How?

There was some dorris captain who passed the all-arms commando course a couple of years ago. Bit of a publicity stunt if you ask me. Took her 3 times to pass the Tarzan assault course, and when she finally did pass, the rest of the recruits weren't allowed to be present, the only ones who were there were the training team and select press photographers (it is normal for the rest of the course to be there to cheer on their mates).

General consensus is that she was a bit pants, and that she was given a rubber stamp pass for this test for PR purposes. Don't know where she works now or what trade she's in.

Oh, and while we're on the subject of the Royal Marines, I hear this is going on sale to give an idea of what is to be expected after the commando course -

[edit on 4-2-2006 by PaddyInf]

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 06:01 AM
link   
WOW !
I knew that women were everywhere but never knew that this was the case world over ?? Even in the developing world ! Wow!

Is a gun safer in a woman’s hands ?

As for the IDF I would say dont expect the girls you see in the pics to be dodging bullets in the WestBank, though they would love too. They have a 21 month compulsory military training when they turn 18 but they can postpone this for 1 year.

I personally know a woman form the IDF and I can tell you HAMAS is lucky the women aren’t allowed to fight !!

IAF

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join