It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here It Comes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Well all the speculation can be safely put to rest regarding the Bush Regime's desire to implement Martial Law. In a blatant disregard for Constitutional Protections designed to prevent the Military from being used for Domestic Law Enforcement, Bush is now pushing as hard as he can to get this out of his way. The excuse this time, Avian Bird Flu Outbreak.
Know something we don't Shrub?

www.boston.com... Bush wants right to use military if bird flu hits
By Charles Aldinger | October 4, 2005

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President George W. Bush asked Congress on Tuesday to consider giving him powers to use the military to enforce quarantines in case of an avian influenza epidemic.

He said the military, and perhaps the National Guard, might be needed to take such a role if the feared H5N1 bird flu virus changes enough to cause widespread human infection.

"If we had an outbreak somewhere in the United States, do we not then quarantine that part of the country? And how do you, then, enforce a quarantine?" Bush asked at a news conference.

"It's one thing to shut down airplanes. It's another thing to prevent people from coming in to get exposed to the avian flu. And who best to be able to effect a quarantine?" Bush added.

"One option is the use of a military that's able to plan and move. So that's why I put it on the table. I think it's an important debate for Congress to have."

And the Bold Face lie of the day is...

Pentagon spokesman Bryan Whitman told reporters he was not aware of any current planning by the military to help respond to a flu pandemic.

No Plan huh? I'm sure Bush just announces new Policy with no forethought or planning.

Guys this isn't about Bird Flu. Are we going to let Uncle Sam have the Military Policing us over 60 deaths in Asia?

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
already covered here
Bush latest comments

thread closed.

new topics

join